Am I too old now?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Im 74 If you are a man with a strong heart and health you are still young tome the fire is shut up in your bones. As the other poster said I have gone through guilt trip also lately. with heart disease I am not fit. I never feel as I have done enough. But I keep doing what I know I can. My Son in law got me a cover for my cell phone. picked out special. On it says "little is much if God is in it" When I was your age I was mistering to poor seeing they needed more than real food to chew on. God told Joshua I will be with thee where ever you are.  

Not to discourage but can I as first what is motivating you  to go on the mission field . You will never feel you have done enough, but Jesus is with us where ever we go. Would you say Im a Baptist true and blue. Or is it that you see those who need Christ and His salvation. Being Baptist or any other organized church should not be the motivater for doing Gods work. .  

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, TheBaptist said:

Hi. God Bless you tonight. I am getting ordained in a few weeks time, and am going to the Mission field full time. I am saved 30 years past on June, 2nd. Just to ask, I am pretty discouraged and scared I have left it too late. I have served God hard as a Christian for 30 years in many ministry areas as a lay worker and I still worry constantly about not having enough time left to do a proper job for Him. I wish I had gone to Mission 20 years ago to be truthful and honest before God. I am 50 now, can I still make a difference? Does anybody have any scripture on this or some real-life examples? Thank you. God loves you tonight.

I know a pastor who went to the field late in life.  He was 60.  In some places like SE Asia age is revered.  I think he was in Viet Nam.   People listened to him because of his age.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

On 7/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, TheBaptist said:

I am 50 now, can I still make a difference?

Hmm . . . I wonder how God would answer this question?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 7/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, TheBaptist said:

...I wish I had gone to Mission 20 years ago to be truthful and honest before God. I am 50 now, can I still make a difference? Does anybody have any scripture on this or some real-life examples? Thank you. God loves you tonight.

14 hours ago, Jubilea said:

Hmm . . . I wonder how God would answer this question? 

Like this! :)

Older, and walking in Christ and His ways:
Proverbs 16:31  The hoary head (older, gray hair on the head) is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.

Are you living and speaking sound doctrine? If so, pass it on!

Titus 2:1-2  But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:  (2)  That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

A lot of false doctrines out there these days. Preach the Truth concerning God and His ways!

2 Timothy 4:1-4  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;  (2)  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.  (3)  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  (4)  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

When we love Christ first, and rightly use the Word, it yields a sword that is sharper than any worldly sword could ever be:

Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Paul preached right up to the end of his life, and there was a crown of righteousness awaiting him for being faithful.
It's believed he was well into his 60s at the time, and likely died a martyrs death. (Acts 21:10-13) Let us all that are His be prayerfully faithful right up to the very end of our lives as well!

2 Timothy 4:6-8  For I (Paul) am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.  (7)  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:  (8)  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Note by my front door, true for every Christian no matter where we're at:
"You Are Now Entering The Mission Field."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you all from my heart for taking the time to reply to me, I am so encouraged and so very greatful to you all. I will thank you all personally when I get a moment. I have been sick for this last week. I am sorry for the delay.

My Stepfather died last week, and in spite of many witnesses to him, died unsaved, it was heartbreaking. It is still hard to cope with. I find it hard to bear thinking of him being lost forever. My Wife's Dad, who is 83, is in the same spot, and he also refuses Jesus Christ. We have cried some tough tears this last week. We are going all out for him so he doesn't go the way my Stepfather went, but we can only do so much.

God Bless you all, Tony.

• Praying! 3

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 7/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, TheBaptist said:

Hi. God Bless you tonight. I am getting ordained in a few weeks time, and am going to the Mission field full time. I am saved 30 years past on June, 2nd. Just to ask, I am pretty discouraged and scared I have left it too late. I have served God hard as a Christian for 30 years in many ministry areas as a lay worker and I still worry constantly about not having enough time left to do a proper job for Him. I wish I had gone to Mission 20 years ago to be truthful and honest before God. I am 50 now, can I still make a difference? Does anybody have any scripture on this or some real-life examples? Thank you. God loves you tonight.

I was going to say "NO!" even just seeing the headline. I'm 50 now and have recently begun:

* an annual tour leading saints to Israel

* discipleship and evangelism for young people

* new commitments for new missions groups combating sex trafficking and abortion

It's not too late--indeed, you will carry a fount of wisdom the young missionaries lack--maybe the zeal is a little lacking for you now, but not the wisdom. The wisdom is LIFE!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, TheBaptist said:

Well, you have already had alot of very good replies.    And, of course, I agree 50 is still young... especially nowadays!    I know someone who is 80 and she still runs a pro-life organization.

If you are able to share, what mission field are you planning to serve in?

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 7/21/2019 at 8:25 AM, TheBaptist said:

i have no scripture or examples, but i know just telling someone your a christian is evangelism and God will have u work where u are.  and remember it is God who prepares the work in advance for u to do.  i am unemployed and have no position in the church but i find plenty of opportunity to spread the gospel, it was just yesterday that i debated the faith to an atheist, while witnessing to a friend.  so do not worry about not doing enough because a little goes a long way, or about time because time never ends.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

50 isn't old and I concur with all the other folks on this site who have drawn your attention to those men of the Bible, some of who are way older than you. Billy Graham was still doing his crusades in His 50s. Something to think about.

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/20/2019 at 11:25 PM, TheBaptist said:

Just do what you can, God isnt expecting you to start preaching whenever and wherever you can, if you don't have the means of course, but we are required to preach the message if we can.