• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,228
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,353
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

1 Peter 3:1-22

First Peter Three: The Scriptures (ISR 1998) 1 In the same way, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that if any are disobedient to the Word, they, without a word, might be won by the behavior of their wives,

Submission In Marriage 1-8, Submission In All Of Life 9-12, Conduct In Suffering 13-17, Christ's Example Of Suffering 18-22

1 Peter 3 - KJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The full passage seems to imply that husband and wife are both reliant on each other. Perhaps in the historical context it was not fathomable to say, "Husbands, also, submit to your wives," so it says, "...that, if any (husband) obey not the word, they may be won by the conversation of the wives. While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear." 

The submission of women is highly controversial in our society today. All God's people are instructed to have a submissive heart. 

I want to say more, but I'll be late for church...

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

16 minutes ago, Always a Moon said:

The full passage seems to imply that husband and wife are both reliant on each other. Perhaps in the historical context it was not fathomable to say, "Husbands, also, submit to your wives," so it says, "...that, if any (husband) obey not the word, they may be won by the conversation of the wives. While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear." 

The submission of women is highly controversial in our society today. All God's people are instructed to have a submissive heart. 

I want to say more, but I'll be late for church...

there's a dearth  of understanding His real  design for marriage.  We get His ideas of authority and submission all mixed up  with the world's ideas of what  those mean.  Any man who does not recognize God's presence in His wife and refuses to SUBMIT to her is a straight up  fool.....

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

We take bits and pieces of the Bible that don’t upset our cultural paradigm, and we build our theology around them.

• This is Worthy 1

And He never told any woman to submit to sin because her husband demanded it either....grrrr

lol..sorry....this topic trips my trigger and until the Body gets this right the power He intends to display THROUGH families will continue to lie dormant.  And there IS no greater threat to satan's plans than a man and woman ONE, in  Him, producing Godly  offspring.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

And He never told any woman to submit to sin because her husband demanded it either....grrrr

lol..sorry....this topic trips my trigger and until the Body gets this right the power He intends to display THROUGH families will continue to lie dormant.  And there IS no greater threat to satan's plans than a man and woman ONE, in  Him, producing Godly  offspring.

Sorry bro, but talk like that will get you attacked by half the Christians in this nation. Churches are making a nice little profit selling daycare to single divorced mothers. They will NOT rock that boat. The Christian music industry knows that suburban women are the dominant consumer, so no songs on Christian radio with controversial doctrine. You know how much money women spend on products that come out of Elevation Church? You know how many female subscribers Steven Furtick has? Shut your mouth with that talk of a healthy Christian household.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Sorry bro, but talk like that will get you attacked by half the Christians in this nation. Churches are making a nice little profit selling daycare to single divorced mothers. They will NOT rock that boat. The Christian music industry knows that suburban women are the dominant consumer, so no songs on Christian radio with controversial doctrine. You know how much money women spend on products that come out of Elevation Church? You know how many female subscribers Steven Furtick has? Shut your mouth with that talk of a healthy Christian household.

Well He's going to fix it for those willing to be taught, repent and get in line with  His design.  If we understood the power and purpose of God He implanted in women, we'd be elevating, not seeking to dominate.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Well He's going to fix it for those willing to be taught, repent and get in line with  His design.  If we understood the power and purpose of God He implanted in women, we'd be elevating, not seeking to dominate.

People don’t go to church to learn His design. They accept the parts that align with their pre-conceived cultural biases. Paul said what about women? Nah, that doesn’t apply to me... but let’s talk about his brilliance in the love chapter. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pg4Him said:

People don’t go to church to learn His design. They accept the parts that align with their pre-conceived cultural biases. Paul said what about women? Nah, that doesn’t apply to me... but let’s talk about his brilliance in the love chapter. 

He'll fix it :)  I am sure that's true for some....but we won't change it by raging against it :)  And it's not true for all.  Many will leap to embrace the truth once they have a chance to hear it.   satan's arguments are seductive....and when voices of authority give voice to those, it's a snare and some genuinely desiring to serve and obey fall into the trap.  Preach the truth, bear the inevitable persecution....He'll grow the seeds that  fall on good ground.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Only they also don't know a THING about the charity chapter .    They take even that out of text .

For folks forget ,  we have to CHARITY GOD above EVERYTHING , CHRIST ABOVE EVERYTHING ,  WHICH MEANS If we CHARITY HIM we CHARITY and DO HIS SAYINGS .

He who does not CHARITY me above wife , mother , spouse , brother , sister,  etc ,  is not worthy of me .

The charity they preach is about hugs and doing good works .  But what did paul say , EVEN if I GAVE ALL MY GOODS to the poor and HAD NOT CHARITY

it profits me nothing .  Charity REJOICES IN TRUTH , not mens twisted false doctrines .  TRUTH not inquity .  IF we love the twisted sayings of men

who have sold out to cultural norms ,   WE IN DIRE TROUBLE .   And folks AINT  seeing this very clear at all .

• Praise God! 1