IGNORED

Moon landing

I absolutely love it that Buzz Aldrin was Christian and took communion on the moon. What could be more important? What more wonderful! It fills me with joy that he did this on behalf of us all, to praise Jesus Christ. Thus thanking Him for the great achievement. 

Shame NASA hid this fact for various reasons. Like probably most people i never knew until now. It was all to do with some atheist woman who caused a lot of trouble. She is not remembered nor has she left any legacy worth anything. But Christianity thrives, Jesus is Lord. Her actions were futile. Misguided soul that she was. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

If I had known this, I had long since forgotten it. Thank you for mentioning it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

47 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I absolutely love it that Buzz Aldrin was Christian and took communion on the moon.

Trying to imagine how one would partake the element of the cup in reduced gravity conditions. Ah, yes. Through one of those plastic squeeze tubes! Yay! :amen:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Trying to imagine how one would partake the element of the cup in reduced gravity conditions...

According to this story of the Apollo 11 mission, there is 1/6 of the earths gravity on the moon, just enough to keep it in the cup!
https://www.foxnews.com/science/moon-landing-bible-apollo-11-buzz-aldrin-communion.amp

"...“I would like to take this opportunity to ask every person listening in, whoever and wherever they may be," Aldrin said, "to pause for a moment and contemplate the events of the past few hours and to give thanks in his or her own way."

Aldrin silently read from John 15:5, which he penned on a 3-by-5-inch notecard: “As Jesus said: I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, and I in Him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.”

In the radio blackout I opened the little plastic packages which contained bread and wine," Aldrin said. "I poured the wine into the chalice our church had given me. In the one-sixth gravity of the moon, the wine curled slowly and gracefully up the side of the cup. It was interesting to think that the very first liquid ever poured on the moon, and the first food eaten there, were communion elements."

He later wrote NASA requested he not read the Bible verse "because of the O'Hair lawsuit," after Apollo 8 read 10 passages from Genesis about the creation of the world and an atheist sued. Although the lawsuit was eventually dropped, the space program was nervous about including any more faith declarations. But Aldrin managed to get another verse in before once again stepping foot on earth.

At the end of the mission, when Aldrin was headed back to earth, he read aloud a second verse, from the Old Testament, he scrawled on the same notecard, Psalm 8: 3-4: "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou has ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him? And the Son of Man, that thou visitest Him?"

• Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

This was the afore mentioned lawsuit that the lost atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair came out against as Genesis was read on this Apollo 8 mission. She knows there is a God now as she was killed in 1995 in a most horrible way. Ironically, her son William Murray became a Christian in 1980. Later he became a Baptist minister, and currently serves as the chairman of the Religious Freedom Coalition.

Christmas eve in 1968, many on television watched and listened to the three astronauts on the Apollo 8 mission as they took turns reading Genesis 1:1-10, while they orbited around the moon. 

Transcript:

William Anders:

"For all the people on Earth the crew of Apollo 8 has a message we would like to send you".

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

Jim Lovell:

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Frank Borman:

"And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good."

Borman then added, "And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas, and God bless all of you - all of you on the good Earth."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Great thread....thank you for posting this my Sister.,

That's ok. It is important. A great thing happened. Glory and worship given to Jesus Christ by mankind on the moon. Wow! 

The one miserable atheist is long forgotten after an unfortunate end. But Jesus is alive! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Yes, her son whom she trained to be an atheist and was used as a pawn to get prayer and Bible reading out of the schools, did become a Christian.   I heard him on TBN years ago giving his testimony.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, BeauJangles said:

Trying to imagine how one would partake the element of the cup in reduced gravity conditions. Ah, yes. Through one of those plastic squeeze tubes! Yay! :amen:

Its not possible to open their helmet to eat outside the rocket because they Will be blown out due to zero pressure n they Will be exposed to cosmic lethal radiation as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

Its not possible to open their helmet to eat outside the rocket because they Will be blown out due to zero pressure n they Will be exposed to cosmic lethal radiation as well.

Duly noted. :rolleyes: