• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

2 PETER 1:4

Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature,

• OT: Israel had a promised land. They had to contend in battle to possess the promised Land 

• NT:  We have a land of promises call exceeding great and precious promises. These promises are connected with the soles of your feet. To possess them , you have to contend and take dominion.

You are believing God for healing. How do you possess the promise " by his stripes you are healed " ?  There is a time gap between the promise and the fulfillment. Abraham is called the father of faith and we are told to follow in his footsteps.

what did Abraham do to get his promise fulfilled.? During the 25 years wait, Abraham faith grew strong because he stood before the presence of Him who had made the promise.  I have found that the best way to keep my faith strong during the waiting period is to sing songs that are so FULL of the word of God.  This is the confession of my faith. And when the anointing of the holy spirit comes upon the song, it takes me to a new level of faith energized again to run the race and fight the good fight of faith

don't cast away your bold confidence

so don't cast away your bold confidence which had great recompense of reward. Be follower of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Be like Abraham . Sing out the word of God in songs, become impregnated with it - the day will come when SUDDENLY your appointed time will come and you will receive your promise.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/237877-unlocking-every-66-books-of-the-bible/

( 1.07 seconds)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

2 PETER 1:4

Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature,

• OT: Israel had a promised land. They had to contend in battle to possess the promised Land 

• NT:  We have a land of promises call exceeding great and precious promises. These promises are connected with the soles of your feet. To possess them , you have to contend and take dominion.

You are believing God for healing. How do you possess the promise " by his stripes you are healed " ?  There is a time gap between the promise and the fulfillment. Abraham is called the father of faith and we are told to follow in his footsteps.

what did Abraham do to get his promise fulfilled.? During the 25 years wait, Abraham faith grew strong because he stood before the presence of Him who had made the promise.  I have found that the best way to keep my faith strong during the waiting period is to sing songs that are so FULL of the word of God.  This is the confession of my faith. And when the anointing of the holy spirit comes upon the song, it takes me to a new level of faith energized again to run the race and fight the good fight of faith

don't cast away your bold confidence

so don't cast away your bold confidence which had great recompense of reward. Be follower of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Be like Abraham . Sing out the word of God in songs, become impregnated with it - the day will come when SUDDENLY your appointed time will come and you will receive your promise.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/237877-unlocking-every-66-books-of-the-bible/

( 1.07 seconds)

Hi, this scripture 2Peter 1-4 is just such a awesome and comforting and faith building one! Thanks for the post. This scripture has been such a strength to me over the years. :)

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for your posts. The word EXCEEDINGLY great and precious always stands out to me.

I love it because it describes and gives glory/attention to Him in one way or another in many verses. From the love of God to the fear of God.

Everything about Him is not only great, but exceedingly great! And humble.

As Not me says...'something to chew on'...or something like that ;)

Edited by In Him
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, In Him said:

Thank you for your posts. The word EXCEEDINGLY great and precious always stands out to me.

I love it because it describes and gives glory/attention to Him in one way or another in many verses. From the love of God to the fear of God.

Everything about Him is not only great, but exceedingly great! And humble.

As Not me says...'something to chew on'...or something like that ;)

Hi, hope all is well. :)

Yes that word exceedingly does seem to jump out and cause the heart to stop and consider the thoughts put forth by the verse just a little deeper/longer. Which in turn causes a little more joy to rise in the heart. 

Many blessings,

edit;

“perfect love casts out all fear”

Such a blessing to taste and see the truth in this verse. 

Such is the blessing and freedom we have in Christ. 

Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, such a blessing to taste and see...

I’m not a teacher, nor have I the revelation of a couple men of God that I am fortunate to be associated. So, I will sit down after I try to answer your edit/addition of ‘perfect love

casts out all fear’ as honestly as I can.

Has God ever put someone in your path that shook you to the core of your being just through one of his posts? I mean did God show you and judge the make-believe life that you

were ‘living’ and all the scaffolding that you had built around you came crumbling down because you vainly imagined(believed certain truths in the Bible automatically applied to

you and you ‘claimed’ them just because ‘it was written’ and you fiercely desired them? Enter my first experience of the fear of God. 

I could pull up the ‘fear’ scripts that are written, but suffice it to say that God has put in my heart to love(trust Him with ALL, but it is NOT without the fear of Him—Who IS love.

Who IS Perfect. Who has shown us the narrow path (that no fowl knoweth) to enter INTO Perfect Love. INTO CHRIST. According to the gift of the Spirit of Holiness. Not because of

my self-righteousness or ‘it is written’ and I believe it. THIS is the work of God—that I believe that THIS is the work of God. Not me.

My favorite story is the preparation of Esther by Hegai before she appeared before the King, and the scepter of Righteousness was lowered in her favor...she both loved and feared

The King.

Grace is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised.

Edited by In Him
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, In Him said:

Yes, such a blessing to taste and see...

I’m not a teacher, nor have I the revelation of a couple men of God that I am fortunate to be associated. So, I will sit down after I try to answer your edit/addition of ‘perfect love

casts out all fear’ as honestly as I can.

Has God ever put someone in your path that shook you to the core of your being just through one of his posts? I mean did God show you and judge the make-believe life that you

were ‘living’ and all the scaffolding that you had built around you came crumbling down because you vainly imagined(believed certain truths in the Bible automatically applied to

you and you ‘claimed’ them just because ‘it was written’ and you fiercely desired them? Enter my first experience of the fear of God. 

I could pull up the ‘fear’ scripts that are written, but suffice it to say that God has put in my heart to love(trust Him with ALL, but it is NOT without the fear of Him—Who IS love.

Who IS Perfect. Who has shown us the narrow path (that no fowl knoweth) to enter INTO Perfect Love. INTO CHRIST. According to the gift of the Spirit of Holiness. Not because of

my self-righteousness or ‘it is written’ and I believe it. THIS is the work of God—that I believe that THIS is the work of God. Not me.

My favorite story is the preparation of Esther by Hegai before she appeared before the King, and the scepter of Righteousness was lowered in her favor...she both loved and feared

The King.

Grace is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised.

Well the Scripture is written to humanity. So if you are human the Scriptures are yours in there entirety and all that is contained in them.

So you must follow what the peace of Christ in your heart is teaching you. As long as that joy and peace you have between God and yourself is growing, your relationship with Him is on track. 

My understanding of; 

“perfect love casts out all fear” ... is a little simpler 

God, being the perfect love, the closer I get to Him, the less fear will I know. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Not me said:

God, being the perfect love, the closer I get to Him, the less fear will I know. 

You reckon? I don't know. 

But this I know...that you fear and dread all that might displease Him. Might this be the root of your joy?

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord. His heart is established. He shall not be afraid. (The fear of the Lord takes all other fear away).

And unto man he said, Behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom...

Edit: Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name.

Edited by In Him
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, In Him said:

because you vainly imagined(believed certain truths in the Bible automatically applied to

Hi, if you would allow me to address this. 

All the promises of the scriptures, in Christ are yea and amen. And all the truths of scripture apply to all peoples. For truth is truth there are no versions of truth. There may be a incomplete understanding, but that doesn’t change the truth. 

This is why God gave us these promises, so that they might be an anchor for our souls. Thereby giving us peace and security. There is  no such thing as “vainly believing the truth of scripture”

So yes with confidence of heart you may trust the scriptures when they put forth a promise and a truth and these are for you, but not just for you but for all that would embrace them. 

I see where your heart would have feared greatly if you were to believe all things in scripture were not for you. But that was not the fear of God. That is the fear that comes in when your heart believes a falsehood. For the truths and promises of God always bring in joy and peace, never fear to those who’s hearts are after Him. For fear comes from the evil one. For the fear of the Lord can only be experienced by that creature that would live contrary to God. Walking in the fear of God is like you being madly in love with someone. Would you fear that person? No.  But you would fear not doing something that would  please them. God does not want you to be afraid of Him. But fear not pleasing Him. God is love and only love. And His heart towards all people is the same. 

“For He that gave us Christ Jesus will He not freely give us all things?”

Hope this helps with your understanding of the fear of the Lord. For fear is bondage and God would have His children live in perfect freedom. 

Ask God about this if there’s any reservations, for He is love and only wants His beloved to experience His love. 

Many blessings, 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

21 minutes ago, Not me said:

Hi, if you would allow me to address this. 

All the promises of the scriptures, in Christ are yea and amen. And all the truths of scripture apply to all peoples. For truth is truth there are no versions of truth. There may be a incomplete understanding, but that doesn’t change the truth. 

This is why God gave us these promises, so that they might be an anchor for our souls. Thereby giving us peace and security. There is  no such thing as “vainly believing the truth of scripture”

So yes with confidence of heart you may trust the scriptures when they put forth a promise and a truth and these are for you, but not just for you but for all that would embrace them. 

I see where your heart would have feared greatly if you were to believe all things in scripture were not for you. But that was not the fear of God. That is the fear that comes in when your heart believes a falsehood. For the truths and promises of God always bring in joy and peace, never fear to those who’s hearts are after Him. For fear comes from the evil one. For the fear of the Lord can only be experienced by that creature that would live contrary to God. Walking in the fear of God is like you being madly in love with someone. Would you fear that person? No.  But you would fear not doing something that would  please them. God does not want you to be afraid of Him. But fear not pleasing Him. God is love and only love. And His heart towards all people is the same. 

“For He that gave us Christ Jesus will He not freely give us all things?”

Hope this helps with your understanding of the fear of the Lord. For fear is bondage and God would have His children live in perfect freedom. 

Ask God about this if there’s any reservations, for He is love and only wants His beloved to experience His love. 

Many blessings, 

Wow...a lot of inverted theology here. It is wise to fear the Lord. But you would have up to be down and down to be up. The fear of the Lord is not from the devil...it is what God wants from us...so that we keep His commandments.

It sounds like you need to go back to the bible and start again.

You took a wrong turn somewhere and now you are headed in the wrong direction. Please don't teach others to abandon wisdom as you have obviously done.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

Wow...a lot of inverted theology here. It is wise to fear the Lord. But you would have up to be down and down to be up. The fear of the Lord is not from the devil...it is what God wants from us...so that we keep His commandments.

It sounds like you need to go back to the bible and start again.

You took a wrong turn somewhere and now you are headed in the wrong direction. Please don't teach others to abandon wisdom as you have obviously done.

I don’t think name calling is very Christian like,  that being said. To the points you raised;

I never said that the fear of the Lord was from the devil, I said fear is from the evil one. (devil)

But to the issue I think your questioning is, my definition of what the “fear of the Lord” means.

God is love and He wants none of His children to be afraid of Him. There is no fear in Heaven because there is no fear in the Divine Nature. As Christians the Divine Nature has been birthed in us. This Divine Nature has no fear of God, because it always does what pleases God.  Therefore the “fear of the Lord” is something only the fallen nature can experience. For the Divine Nature is that in us that sins not. Therefore the fear of the Lord is as I stated in my post the fear of not doing something (pleasing God) which is only something the fallen nature can do. The fear of the Lord is not being afraid of God. 

“For perfect love casts out fear”

So the closer we get to this one that is perfect love the less fear will we know. 

For fear is the beginning of wisdom but only the beginning. We are to move away from it to love. 

Anyways, have a great day. And if your thoughts are different. As long as that’s what the peace of Christ in your heart is teaching you I wish you all good things in Christ. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1