• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everybody, 

Can anyone help? Too many nights now I have dreamt of having lost my salvation. I realise when I awake this isn't the case but when I'm dreaming it, it appears so real and frightening. I don't know what to do except pray.

Look forward to hearing from some of you!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

12 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

Hi everybody, 

Can anyone help? Too many nights now I have dreamt of having lost my salvation. I realise when I awake this isn't the case but when I'm dreaming it, it appears so real and frightening. I don't know what to do except pray.

I think praying is the  best thing you can do.  Take this dream to Him and ask Him what  He  thinks of it...and listen.

He promised NOTHING  could snatch you out of His hand...sometimes it's a lot  of work to  just believe...but it's the work He has given  us to do:

Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.

“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.  For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.  This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.  And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

Dreams can be frightening. Remember they are just dreams.

When you have them, may I suggest that on wakening you praise God for what he has done. Do talk about your dream, don't believe the dream, just talk to God about it, while thanking him for your salvation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

23 hours ago, Nightfire said:

Hi everybody, 

Somebody would post a dream the minute I show up, LoL.

Nightfire, I have experience in this area, and it could be anything; from the Lord trying to warn you about something to demons trying to torment you and cause you unfounded fears and anxieties to some physical imbalance like lack of sleep or too much caffeine or medications, which is effecting your body negatively and inciting you to dwell on troublesome matters.

If you want to send it to me in detail or just post it here publicly, we could discuss it. But to know if it has any substance to it, you would need to tell me what's going on in your spiritual life in some detail. Should it prove to be confirmed by circumstances going on in your life, there would still be the matter of determining if it his coming from God or the enemy.

Just thought I'd offer, since you started the thread by asking for help. First time I've been at this forum in more than a year, so maybe it's not a coincidence. We'd have to talk to find out.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/21/2019 at 2:56 PM, Nightfire said:

Hi everybody, 

If you are a born again Christian you will not lose your salvation. Do not give your dreams any importance. They are just your brain that is still processing your thoughts while you sleep.