• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

If I may. It is my opinion that the "pro-life" stand (I cant think of what else to call it) is put out there by Republicans to get the Evangelical vote.  When I first turn 18. It was drilled into me by church people that we have to vote for "pro-life" candidate so that we can end abortion. Now here I am nearly 20 some years later and abortion is sill taking place. Yet it is still be drilled into me by church people that we have to vote "pro-life" so we can end abortion.  I am beginning to think it is all a scam to get votes. That and the fact that making abortion illegal dose not stop abortions. It just makes them illegal. But that is for another topic. 

Abortion will be overturned since it was misled by the person who filed it and the courts them misapplied the law.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, other one said:

He's done more for giving Christians more freedom and protection than any president in a very long time...

Like what? I had freedom and protection as a Christian way before Trump took office.  Through out my whole life I have been free to be a Christian, to attend church, to own and read the Bible to say whatever I want about Jesus to other people. And yes I was able to say Merry Christmas  even before Trump got into office.  I don't know what that nonsense is about. No one has ever told me I could not say Merry Christmas.   So what "freedoms" has Trump given me that I did not have before? 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/21/2019 at 11:50 PM, PinkBelt said:

I can't believe the biased media is ignoring how nice Trump is to show up at weddings and instead focusing on his racism and children being tortured/killed in detention centers.

There is no racism and children are not being tortured and killed.   

10 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I don't know if you were told this, but we are supposed to be furthering God's kingdom. It's not about you or me.

The price being paid is the irreparable damage to the credibility of Christians who have abandoned all their principles in order to gain fleeting victories for a secular partisan agenda. People are not stupid and know hypocrisy, moral relativity and double standards when they see them. "Christians" in this country have an obsession with winning a culture war. This abandonment of our values, the whataboutism and the moral double standards have totally destroyed our witness. Maybe you don't care about those things as long as you feel good, but I do because I'm supposed to be a living witness for Jesus Christ. It's very hard to do that when people think I am a racist who condones child torture.

Prove the charges of racism and torture of children.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

If I may. It is my opinion that the "pro-life" stand (I cant think of what else to call it) is put out there by Republicans to get the Evangelical vote.  When I first turn 18. It was drilled into me by church people that we have to vote for "pro-life" candidate so that we can end abortion. Now here I am nearly 20 some years later and abortion is sill taking place. Yet it is still be drilled into me by church people that we have to vote "pro-life" so we can end abortion.  I am beginning to think it is all a scam to get votes. That and the fact that making abortion illegal dose not stop abortions. It just makes them illegal. But that is for another topic. 

I don't disagree with you and I'm just as frustrated. But are we to just throw up our hands and give up? No! We are to be the salt and light, be a part of the political process and support and vote for the candidate that best represents our morals in the two party system. My analogy is; both parties are taking us to the same destination on a train, the Republicans are traveling on a steam engine, while the Democrat's are whisking us away on a bullet train.

Those that claim they can't in good conscience vote for either major party do a disservice to our nation and waste a vote. By default the other party gets the vote. There is a 99% chance (normally) that either a Democrat or Republican is going to win the election. It's much more efficient to take back control of something existing, rather to demolish it and start fresh. Which of the two major political parties best represents a Christian's moral values?

SCOTUS decisions have been reversed a number of times in history. There's always the possibility with a majority of conservatives on the bench, for them to accept and hear the case. We're in the Army of God, armies fight and do not cower or give up. Let's fight the good fight.

• Loved it! 2

10 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Then you have wasted your time because Roe v. Wade is settled law and has been ruled constitutional. I wish people would take the time to understand how the legal system works.

In order to overturn Roe v. Wade you need to:

1. Get a case all the way through to the supreme court. (Good luck)

2. Get the supreme court to actually hear the case. They are not required to, and if they refuse then the lower court's decision is considered final.

3. In order to get a new ruling on the law you have to demonstrate that the earlier ruling was in error. (Good luck)

Even if you stacked the court with the most rabid anti-abortion judges in the country, they CANNOT reverse a previous ruling just because they don't like it. If they were to accept a case that they know had no legal merit to be heard, knowing they were going to reverse the old ruling those judges would be immediately impeached, the ruling would be nullified for being compromised AND they'd be removed from the bench. Such conduct would be a serious violation to their oath to be neutral and to the constitution.

They can and do reverse prior rulings.   All we need are enough good judges.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,079
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Like what? I had freedom and protection as a Christian way before Trump took office.  Through out my whole life I have been free to be a Christian, to attend church, to own and read the Bible to say whatever I want about Jesus to other people. And yes I was able to say Merry Christmas  even before Trump got into office.  I don't know what that nonsense is about. No one has ever told me I could not say Merry Christmas.   So what "freedoms" has Trump given me that I did not have before? 

he is appointing judges that will uphold our rights as Christians within the court system.  It is by far the best thing he has done for the country.   The President has appointed one out of every 8 judges in our circuit courts and two of the nine supreme court judges...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

12 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I don't know if you were told this, but we are supposed to be furthering God's kingdom.

I'm a little confused, you say we are to be furthering God's kingdom, but then you say Roe vs Wade will never be repealed so we should just get use to it?

Please don't take this as an attack, ...but are you saying we should be quiet, ignore the facts and just accept the murder of innocent infants (incidentally, the most dangerous place in America for a child today is not on the streets, ...but in it's mother's womb) ...and continue on with furthering the Kingdom of God?

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

@Debp  I apologize dear sister for hi-jacking your thread in my last post, so to try and redeem myself I'll say something nice about President Trump.

From what I have observed from the President's actions, ...from what I have read from people that have been close to him or touched by his kindness...,

I believe, in my heart, if President Donald Trump had any possible legal way that wouldn't be thwarted by those that don't believe or live by the Judeo-Christian moral values used by the founding Fathers of America to establish this nation, ...he would put an end to the Molech worship of murdering the unborn innocent babies in America immediately. 

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2