IGNORED

The Roman Catholic Church is not included in Jesus message to the 7 churches of Revelation

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

LORD JESUS DID NOT SEND ANY MESSAGE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WHO CLAIMED AS THE SUCCESSOR OF PETER. IN OTHER WORDS THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION FROM JESUS.

This message was given to apostle John circa 85 AD which was the era of the EARLY CHURCH OF THE APOSTLES where there were only few churches compared to our present era.

If apostle Peter established the Roman Catholic Church why there is no confirmation from Lord Jesus in His messages to churches ? There is no star and candle light representing the RCC as they claim to be the One True Apostolic Church and the successor of Peter . I however agree that this message can be the picture of end times churches denomination which were not yet established at that time. This is the CONFIRMED early churches of Jesus Christ which spread to the whole world.

7_churches.jpg

7-golden-candlesticks-revelations-bible.jpg

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

LORD JESUS DID NOT SEND ANY MESSAGE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WHO CLAIMED AS THE SUCCESSOR OF PETER.

And there is found no Candlestick or Stars for another but for the 7 churches only.

7_churches.jpg

7 stars.jpg

What does that tell you?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

LORD JESUS DID NOT SEND ANY MESSAGE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WHO CLAIMED AS THE SUCCESSOR OF PETER.

And there is found no Candlestick or Stars for another but for the 7 churches only.

Refer to Scriptures describing Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

If the Lord Jesus didn't send any message to the Roman Catholic Church, then He didn't send any message to the Baptist Church, or the Methodist Church, or the Pentecostal Church - or indeed any other church that exists today!

I agree with you about that aspect.

However, historically speaking this message was given to apostle John circa 85 AD which was the era of the EARLY CHURCH OF THE APOSTLES where there were only few churches compared to our present era.

If apostle Peter established the Roman Catholic Church why there is no confirmation from Lord Jesus in His messages to churches ? There is no star and candle light representing the RCC.

7 stars.jpg

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

I agree with you about that aspect.

However, historically speaking this message was given to apostle John circa 85 AD which was the era of the EARLY CHURCH OF THE APOSTLES where there were only few churches compared to our present era.

If apostle Peter established the Roman Catholic Church why there is no confirmation from Lord Jesus in His messages to churches ? There is no star and candle light representing the RCC.

So what? The selection of churches seems to be entirely arbitrary (other than a single messenger would be able to deliver copies of the letter in one round trip). Rome is missing - but so are other very important churches such as Antioch and Alexandria.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the claims of the RCC. But this argument seems to me to be totally irrelevant.

• Thanks 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

LORD JESUS DID NOT SEND ANY MESSAGE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WHO CLAIMED AS THE SUCCESSOR OF PETER. IN OTHER WORDS THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION FROM JESUS.

7_churches.jpg

7-golden-candlesticks-revelations-bible.jpg

I’m sorry to say brother, this is not one of your better posts.  You can be assured ALL churches were covered in Rev 2/3.  Otherwise the messages would be INCOMPLETE. Our God is much wiser than that.....you know! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

The RC church did not exist at that time. 

The books of the bible were written TO the people alive at the time. It is also written FOR us, but we have to interpret it from the perspective of who the authors saw as their audience at the time. The messages to the churches were written to specific churches that existed at that time and was dealing with the activities at those specific churches. We can learn much from the personality of God regarding how he was dealing with them and called them out, but we err if we read too much into it regarding specific messages to churches thousands of years later.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

If the Lord Jesus didn't send any message to the Roman Catholic Church, then He didn't send any message to the Baptist Church, or the Methodist Church, or the Pentecostal Church - or indeed any other church that exists today! 

Exactly. We can learn from the example of what message was sent to those specific churches, but the message was to those specific churches, each with their specific challenges.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Exactly. We can learn from the example of what message was sent to those specific churches, but the message was to those specific churches, each with their specific challenges.

Of course the messages were to those specific churches, but we all know, to have any real relevance one would have to go much much deeper to see the complete significance. 

Each of those 7 churches represent ALL churches of all time and I believe God threw  us a bonus....they each primarily represent a period of time chronologically...beginning with Ephesus being the church immediately after the resurrection and ending with Laodicea, the last church, “primarily” representing the present age.  As a side note, many scholars believe this represents the time frame from about 1750-1900 where many great revivals took place led by Moody, Finney, Wesley, and Whitefield, and William Carey (India, China, etc). And guess what else happened during this time frame? America gained its Independence from Great Britain. Interesting, don’t you think?

For those interested, many scholars believe the RCC church is clearly shown in the Church of Thyatira, and that that period pretty much covers the Dark Ages, 606-1520. All kinds of horrible atrocities were in that period as you probably know...Crusades and Inquisitions just to name a few. But of course, the RCC really got started with Constantine in 312. The Church of Pergamos probably covers a period of 312-606. 

Disclaimer: None of these time periods are etched in stone, but are merely guidelines for your consideration. 

Now that shows me (again) how awesome our God is to make the message to those 7 churches so real to every believer of all time and all places. 

• Thumbs Up 1