• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - July 22, 2019

Friend, live your life in Him!

John 21:14-15, 22 This is now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead. So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."

Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."

After Yeshua’s (Jesus) resurrection, He showed himself to the apostles several times. Once, they were fishing, and Yeshua met them on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. Peter was there, back at his craft, but swirling with inward emotions. The anguish of his recent denial, three times, exactly as Yeshua had predicted, mixed with the amazement and perplexity at the empty tomb, and finally the astounding relief and joy witnessing the risen Lord. Peter was on an emotional roller coaster for days, but the issue of his denial remained unresolved.

The Lord's encounter with Peter on the Sea of Galilee was to fully restore him. Three times Yeshua probes His beloved disciple “Do you love me?” But this is more than just a quantitative restoration. The Lord is penetrating the apostle's heart in this amazing conversation, because He really knows how much Peter loves Him and He wants Peter to know that He trusts him completely even after his awful failure. So Yeshua gives Peter his lifelong commission– “Feed my lambs!”; "Feed my sheep." Yeshua knew that He could entrust Peter with this responsibility, and He told him so. Peter was restored.

Yet Peter still wobbles, even as he receives his restoration, when he asks about his fellow apostle, John. Yeshua's response, “what is that to you, you follow me!” settles the matter. The Lord is saying, "stop the competition, Peter. Those days are over, yet you're still comparing...I have work for you; I have a life for you; live it!"

Friend, the enemy would love to dig up your past, thrust it in your face, and leave you comparing yourself with others for the rest of your life – but the Lord has a life for you and He wants you to live it. Your life, not someone else's. He loves you and He trusts you to be who He made you to be. So don't allow your past failures or your present jealousies to prevent you from the life you’re called to live for Him!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Britain calls ship seizure 'hostile act' as Iran releases video of capture
Britain on Saturday denounced Iran’s seizure of a British-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf as a 'hostile act' and rejected Tehran’s explanation that it seized the vessel because it had been involved in an accident.
Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia pressuring US to delay rollout of peace plan
Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Jordan are pressuring the US to hold off on announcing US President Donald Trump's 'deal of the century' peace plan for Israel and the Palestinians, according to a report in the London-based pan-Arabic Asharq Al-Awsat that quoted a spokesman for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, Nabil Abu Rudeineh.
Iran seizes British, Liberian tankers in Strait of Hormuz
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards seized two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, officials in London said, in a move that appeared to infuriate American and British leaders.
Iran says it dismantled CIA spy ring, arrests 17, sentences some to death
Iran’s Intelligence Ministry on Monday said it uncovered a U.S. Central Intelligence Agency spy ring, arrested 17 suspects and sentenced some to death, according to a report from the country’s semi-official news agency said.
Pentagon sees high risk of ‘unintended conflict’ with Iran
U.S. military officials see a high risk of 'unintended conflict' with Iran due to rising tensions in the Persian Gulf, according to top Pentagon official.
Pentagon to deploy 500 troops to Saudi Arabia as tensions with Iran escalate
The United States is sending troops and other military equipment to Saudi Arabia as tensions flare with Iran, the Pentagon announced late Friday.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Senior US team to visit Middle East for talks on Washington’s peace plan
Senior US officials are set arrive in the region next week to further discuss the Trump administration’s forthcoming Israeli-Palestinian peace plan, a senior US official told The Times of Israel Sunday.
Hezbollah deploys forces along Lebanon-Israel border
Hezbollah has reportedly deployed its forces on the Lebanon-Israel border, The Daily Beast reported over the weekend, linking the move by the Iranian-backed Shiite terrorist group to the rising tensions in the Persian Gulf.
Ancient Galilee church unearthed, said to be home to apostles Peter and Andrew
Excavations in Israel’s Galilee have uncovered remains of an ancient church said to mark the home of the apostles Peter and Andrew, the dig’s archaeological director said Friday.
Netanyahu officially makes Israeli history as longest-serving prime minister
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu officially surpassed founding father David Ben-Gurion as Israel’s longest-serving prime minister on Saturday, having notched up a list of diplomatic and economic successes but with right-wing leadership many see as deeply divisive.

Inside the United States
Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence after 30 months in office
The Trump administration has not installed a single mile of new wall in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border in the 30 months since President Trump assumed office, despite his campaign promise to construct a 'big beautiful wall.'
Puerto Rico governor announces he will not seek re-election but refuses to resign
Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló announced Sunday he will not seek re-election but refused to resign, as corruption allegations have sparked widespread protests in San Juan.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyministries.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA