• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

And yet I am called anti Christ , son of perdtion and not geuinuine in the faith .     OH well, what are words to ME .   I GOT ALL HOPE for I HAVE HIM .

NOW PUT THOSE HANDS UP AND LET A THUNDEROUS STORM OF PRAISE BE HEARD to THE LORD .    

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Let us not forget that it is not all about us.

Yeshua did mainly three things.

Reversed the terrible plight that fallen beings got us into. This is one of the main reasons the world is in such a state.
Regathered the Babel peoples of the world, and chose a people for His own (Abram thru Israel)
Saved humanity and bore their sins and shed his blood. See'the gospel in a tent' and understand the Mercy Seat.

The Lord High God, Yahweh and His 'second Yahweh' the Son, worked hard and long for how it is turning out today. It is not yet over but if you can read and understand the Tanach, and then the Apostles' writings, you will see that it is no secret what the Lord wants and is in the process of accomplishing.

Yeshua indeed did put all the Principalities and Powers under His feet and has been confirmed as the One that has a name that is above every name. This name is over ALL the foes of God and any brother, sister and friend of Yeshua that is IN CHRIST has power over all the spirits, demons and circumstances like our Lord has. Why do we not use that power and show the world the risen Christ...?
Well that is an other discussion that should be talked about very seriously. If you do not understand the game, how can you play on the team with any measure of success??

Added for clarity: the Lord High God Redeemed us. It is said, that God so loved the world - ALL OF IT and us humans - that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

That's a huge misunderstanding.  From His  perspective  it IS all about  us....He gave all He had in the form of His own Son to have us....there is nothing more He could sacrifice for our  sakes.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

33 minutes ago, Jostler said:

But every single human being He has caused to be born is someone He longs to be in fellowship with, for eternity.  Someone He desired from before the  beginning, to invite up into His own family, to have and enjoy  as precious sons and daughters for all eternity.

Excellent point. Yes He wants a blended family of spirit and earthly beings.

I recall Mulder of the X-files once contemplating the free will thing and suggested that it be rescinded. Some other worldly entity granted that wish...
He went outside and saw an empty world... nobody there. He changed his mind.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

I tend to go with Justin on this one. He saved us to demonstrate the depth of His love and to astound the principalities at the sight of regenerated pagans once written off as destitute. Paul spoke of this in Ephesians.

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord — ‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:9-11

There is a reason why we have the possibility of judging angels, and it isn’t simply because Jesus made us super-duper righteous.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Bawcash said:

How do I answer this question without falling back to the free will cop out answer? If God is omniscient and loves us the why did he create us knowing that we would fall, therefore knowingly condemning countless souls to hell for all eternity. That is not a very loving thing to do.

Whether you believe in freewill or not (Calvinism or Arminianism), there is no answer for this.

Calvinists - Why would God create people whom He is not going to save? No answer

Arminians - If God already knew Adam and Eve is going to sin, why put the tree? Why even create humans? No answer

It goes back to reason creation. The only reason is, God thought it was 'good'. That's pretty much it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Isaiah 55:8-9, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

God doesn’t tell us why He created us with the ability to choose. All I know is that He decided to give us free will and making a choice is part of being a person. Throughout the bible we see how man exercises his choices and rebels against God. That is why we have pain and suffering. God loves us enough to allow us a choice and experience love, hate, pain and suffering. I don't believe he purposely created man to fall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Petros
7 hours ago, dr3032 said:

As for why creation even became a thing, none of us know.

As for falling, why did God put a tree containing the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil in Eden? Why did God leave the nations about Israel, rather than outright destroying them?

As tests.

God loves everyone, but not everyone loves God. People can paint him as some big giant meaniehead in the clouds, where even just for glancing at a woman's unmentionables for a split second leaves you to eternal damnation, and there is jack squat you can do about it - but such a view comes from people who lack understanding. They speak of God's love and mercy for a reason - It is a gift that not everyone accepts. They forget that sins can be forgiven when someone repents of them. Largely because of the idea of "self-will" and focus on the self, people don't like the idea of not being in control of themselves. Time and time again, in movies and shows, you have figures that act as "God" and then you have the protagonists screeching about how their life is their own and so they work to destroy this big bad meaniehead in the clouds they call "God".

God is not a meaniehead. He has his arms open. It's just that there are people unwilling to go into those arms, either out of ignorance/fear or they do not wish to forsake their sinful ways. They damn themselves.

Did God love Esau? Did God love the Philistines? Did God show kindness to all nations, or was He very selective with his love? 

He is still selective with His love, and the recipients of His Love and favour sometimes have to go through the churner of life to receive it.Jesus, said clearly that "you did not choose me, but I have chosen you". He also said that the world will hate those that He finds, because He has chosen them out from this world. 

We don't like this Biblical truth in our all comprehensive twenty first century mindset, that is the real problem.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Excellent point. Yes He wants a blended family of spirit and earthly beings.

I recall Mulder of the X-files once contemplating the free will thing and suggested that it be rescinded. Some other worldly entity granted that wish...
He went outside and saw an empty world... nobody there. He changed his mind.

I missed that episode. I was a big fan. Any idea what episode that was? I would like to find it and watch it.

Guest Petros
14 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Stick with what the Bible says, Bawcash. 

God bless.

The Bible does not talk! It is collection of books written over some 1400 years, by about 40 different authors.

Like all literature, it needs interpretation, and that has been one of the problems since the reformation. We presently have about 5000 denominations, all of which claim to "believe the Bible", and all just about as far apart in their Biblical Theology as can be possible. Would you like to discuss more?