God's love and omniscience.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

All but Justin Adams and pg4him's answers, don't answer my question. The other answers don't support a loving God. And the idea that God created billions of souls for the purpose of condemning them to hell because he had a minority hand picked at the very beginning of creation to join him in heaven. That means he isn't done supplying hell with souls because there are still some of his chosen ones who haven't been born yet. That is a hard sell. I'm a believer and I am comfortable knowing that even though God is beyond our comprehension, he still wants a relationship with each and every one of us. But trying to convince others of that is very difficult, and that makes me sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

All but Justin Adams and pg4him's answers, don't answer my question. The other answers don't support a loving God. And the idea that God created billions of souls for the purpose of condemning them to hell because he had a minority hand picked at the very beginning of creation to join him in heaven. That means he isn't done supplying hell with souls because there are still some of his chosen ones who haven't been born yet. That is a hard sell. I'm a believer and I am comfortable knowing that even though God is beyond our comprehension, he still wants a relationship with each and every one of us. But trying to convince others of that is very difficult, and that makes me sad.

You are essentially asking us how to show colors to a blind person. You see it, but you can’t show others. There’s no way around this. Most things of the heavenly kingdom are beyond the human thinking of this 3D universe. If we could fit them here, they wouldn’t be heavenly.

It’s rather like a child asking why mother won’t let him stay home from school if she loves him. Why all the worksheets, the times tables, the summer classes when he doesn’t get it. Mother tries very patiently to explain to him, but his little mind cannot grasp this thing called physics. So he must obey her because she said so. You are looking for some kind of way to make the child see his mother’s perspective. Only God can bring that kind of knowledge to them.

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

You are essentially asking us how to show colors to a blind person. You see it, but you can’t show others. There’s no way around this. Most things of the heavenly kingdom are beyond the human thinking of this 3D universe. If we could fit them here, they wouldn’t be heavenly.

It’s rather like a child asking why mother won’t let him stay home from school if she loves him. Why all the worksheets, the times tables, the summer classes when he doesn’t get it. Mother tries very patiently to explain to him, but his little mind cannot grasp this thing called physics. So he must obey her because she said so. You are looking for some kind of way to make the child see his mother’s perspective. Only God can bring that kind of knowledge to them.

YES! Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

For what it’s worth, you can successfully talk to an atheist without having an answer for everything. Once I had an atheist who confronted me demanding to know if I believed in a literal six day creation. Instead of having a drawn-out debate on microbiology, I simply said “don’t ask me what happened, I wasn’t there.” He couldn’t think of a rebuttal, and he ended up giving me grudging approval that I answered him well. I’m not saying this answer would work on every atheist in every moment, but God gave me the exact words I needed to shut this man up.

I’ve told other unbelieving friends “if I had a human answer it would be a human theology.” You’d be surprised at how many are willing to accept this.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

For what it’s worth, you can successfully talk to an atheist without having an answer for everything. Once I had an atheist who confronted me demanding to know if I believed in a literal six day creation. Instead of having a drawn-out debate on microbiology, I simply said “don’t ask me what happened, I wasn’t there.” He couldn’t think of a rebuttal, and he ended up giving me grudging approval that I answered him well. I’m not saying this answer would work on every atheist in every moment, but God gave me the exact words I needed to shut this man up.

I’ve told other unbelieving friends “if I had a human answer it would be a human theology.” You’d be surprised at how many are willing to accept this.

Funny. You seem to be the wisest one here and you hesitated to answer. I guess that is part of wisdom.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, pg4Him said:

ask a dozen people and you’ll get a dozen answers. My own personal answer would probably go over like a lead balloon here, so I will let others provide answers. 

OH no dear sister .    YOU answer .    oh well if it goes over like a lead balloon .    False assumptions are not taking a day off ,    So we cant let the truth not be spoken .

You give what you know .     And it will be tested .   But give the answer you believe you know .     

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Greetings, Petros…  God is fair and oh so gracious to us.

Isaiah 30:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

If GOD gave us what we deserved we would all be awaiting a nasty lake of fire .     GOD is MERCIFUL is the CORRECT response .     HE is just and HE is righteous .

HE is love so HE made the way out IN CHRIST ALONE .    But let a man mock that ,    what a nasty end for that one .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Greetings…  Yes, God in His omniscience knew we would fall.  So God gave His Son for us.  Think about the awesomeness of that for a moment.… Selah… … … and He gave us the free will to choose Jesus Christ and receive salvation.

John 3:16 

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For it was PRE KNOWN and PRE DETERMINED BY GOD ,  That  JESUS ALONE would be the savoir of the world , and that ALL WHO DO BELEIVE IN that SAVOIR WOULD BE SAVED .

How bout that for an answer .     FOR JESUS said what the ONLY condemnation IS .   HE did not say ,  MY FATHER MADE MANY and they have no chance and will go to HELL .

NOPE .  HE SAID , the only condemnation is that a man WONT COME TO HIM .      Calvin is death .    And frankly whoever that offends it offends .   I Don't heed that man .

Let us HEED CHRIST .  WHO SAID the ONLY CONDMENATION is they WONT COME TO HIM .

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

There actually is a very  logical answer.  But it's a long one and hard  for many to hear.  There's  a lot of theology  that totally misrepresents the Father's heart, I'll try to lay out my best understanding ....

The Bible reveals a lot about Him, omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence being some of the  fundamental characteristics He reveals.

We are told that  He KNEW  us from the foundation of the world.....before anything that has been created was created.

He knew Adam would fall.

He knew that He would have to appear here as a man, and give His own life to rescue Adam from his rebellious choice. 

He had EVERY ONE OF US in mind, by name, already knowing every sin we would ever commit before we were born, and still counted us as valuable enough to give all He had to save.

If we "hear" some parts of the Word from the perspective of worldly thinking we'll see a tyrant who "created us for His own good pleasure" as a tyrant who cares for His pleasure more than us. 

But every single human being He has caused to be born is someone He longs to be in fellowship with, for eternity.  Someone He desired from before the  beginning, to invite up into His own family, to have and enjoy  as precious sons and daughters for all eternity.

He designed our DNA....as the blueprint He desired, and then chose exactly the  time and place we would be born, the parents we would have (or not have) in order to give us the best possible chance to find Him, and come to know Him and desire to fellowship and be one with Him and enjoy Him as He delights in  us.

He is love, and earnestly desires to be known as fully and completely as He knows us.  He longs to reveal Himself to us but WILL NOT FORCE HIMSELF ON US.

He has the power to wrench every man, woman and child  on the face of this earth to their knees and MAKE us worship Him.   But what is that worth to a God who is love?   It  would be meaningless to Him.  He gave us free will and will not take it back.  He only values a relationship that is based on a free will choice to  seek Him, so He gives  us a choice and He will not impose His  own will on ours.

He is fully confident in His power to bring justice to EVERY evil abuse of free will mankind has ever engaged in.  We may not be fully able to comprehend that fully  until Judgement Day, but in that day we will see justice.

When we understand the relationship between worship and transformation it's easy to see why  He earnestly desires that we worship HIM and Him alone.  We were designed to be transformed into what we behold and worship is the  most intensely focused form of "beholding" we can engage.  His love knows that our HIGHEST call is to be like HIM.  And it is in our best interest to be like Him.

That is why this end times battle is a battle for worship.  Satan does not have love or give  love and is incapable of moving in it.  He  will STEAL worship or coerce it if he  can.  Because he wants us transformed into his image and likeness.  Just go to a rave and see how he will squeeze worship out of those who do not even realize they are engaged in worship.

One  day  he will demand worship on pain of death.  God will only receive what is freely offered.  And will only transform those who invite Him to, and actively  seek Him for that  transformation.

The hard to hear answer to the  difficult question of why bad things happen to  good people and injustice seems to prevail, is because God is love.

The implication that cannot be separated from the free will He has given us is that some will chose to exercise that free will by rejecting Him.  Some will hate Him and choose to attempt to destroy what  He loves.  He will not violate even evil use of a human will. 

But we can rest assured that one day, even after wooing, courting, inviting every man to come to Him, He will finally bow to the free will cry of "LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He has two foundations stones His Throne rests on.  One is named Justice  and the  other is Righteousness.  His Throne has a name and it is Grace.  Those are the characteristics Love rules by.

And it is He who proclaimed mercy triumphs over Justice.  We an be assured if mercy is refused long enough there WILL be justice.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 2

2 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Awww, Frienduff … 

Yes .    I know what I deserved and make no bones about it .   HELL FIRE ten trillion times over .    NOW yall know WHY I ENCOURAGE NON STOP PRAISE to the LORD .

In fact , let me expound on this .    THERE Is nothing GOOD IN ME ,    BUT JESUS CHRIST .   THEIR is no righteousnesss IN ME , BUT HIM .

AND It IS HE ALONE that has me walking RIGHTEOUSLY .   Yep ,  SAVED BY GRACE PEROID .      

• Praise God! 2