ZacharyB

Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Following Jesus is a way, not a checklist

Absolutely!!!  ...You got it!!!

Again, sorry for lumping you in with with the Law keepers.

May our Lord richly bless you from/with, ...His limitless Mercy, super abounding Grace and infinite Love...

On 10/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, Firm Foundation said:

You have your own view of repentance which means nothing but going from unbelief to believing.  

“ going from unbelief to Believing” is nothing? It’s the difference between Heaven and Hell.....there will be no Believers in Hell and no Unbelievers in Heaven

On 10/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, Firm Foundation said:

Do you agree with him or are you ready to retract it?  I  said I would take it down to one a day.

Put it back up to 1000...... there......yes, I agree. It’s Theoretical Hyperbole. Smart people will get it..... I can no longer worry about the others

On 10/13/2019 at 1:22 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ going from unbelief to Believing” is nothing? It’s the difference between Heaven and Hell.....there will be no Believers in Hell and no Unbelievers in Heaven

That is not repentance.  It is necessary to be saved, but it is not repentance.

4 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

That is not repentance.  It is necessary to be saved, but it is not repentance.

May I ask you this? If a person lives a stellar life and believes that Jesus existed but was merely a “ good and wise man” is that man saved?

Years later, this same man “ has a mind change” —-He has come to believe that Jesus was who He said He was.... the Son Of God , God in the flesh and his Savior.Is He now saved?

Facts are facts.....words , just like numbers actually have meanings .....The Greek word “metanoia” That in the Bible is translated as “ repentance” literally means “ mind change”.... NOT “ behavior change”.That will follow the acknowledgement of the Fact that Jesus and God are One and the Same..It takes the Holy Spirit inside of a person to know and admit that Jesus is God.That same Holy Spirit AFTER one is saved will attend to the behavioral changes and sorrow for everyday  sins that we commonly refer to as “ repentance” also.This manner of repentance comes from a similar but different Greek word- you can trust me or look it up.

2+2 always equals 4. “ metanoia” always means “ a change of mind”. This mind change should lead to a “ heart change” which should lead to a “ behavior change” that is the part that Legalist are obsessed about.We can not put the cart before the horse and all things must be done in their proper order.For those outside the Faith or for those new to the Faith, If all of this sounds a bit complicated— it does not have to be. Just say, “ Jesus, save me”.......give Him your Trust and He will   “ Finish the Work He Started” and “ Save to the Uttermost”.ALWAYS remember—- it’s Trusting, NOT Trying....

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

May I ask you this? If a person lives a stellar life and believes that Jesus existed but was merely a “ good and wise man” is that man saved?

Years later, this same man “ has a mind change” —-He has come to believe that Jesus was who He said He was.... the Son Of God , God in the flesh and his Savior.Is He now saved?

Facts are facts.....words , just like numbers actually have meanings .....The Greek word “metanoia” That in the Bible is translated as “ repentance” literally means “ mind change”.... NOT “ behavior change”.That will follow the acknowledgement of the Fact that Jesus and God are One and the Same..It takes the Holy Spirit inside of a person to know and admit that Jesus is God.That same Holy Spirit AFTER one is saved will attend to the behavioral changes and sorrow for everyday  sins that we commonly refer to as “ repentance” also.This manner of repentance comes from a similar but different Greek word- you can trust me or look it up.

2+2 always equals 4. “ metanoia” always means “ a change of mind”. This mind change should lead to a “ heart change” which should lead to a “ behavior change” that is the part that Legalist are obsessed about.We can not put the cart before the horse and all things must be done in their proper order.For those outside the Faith or for those new to the Faith, If all of this sounds a bit complicated— it does not have to be. Just say, “ Jesus, save me”.......give Him your Trust and He will   “ Finish the Work He Started” and “ Save to the Uttermost”.ALWAYS remember—- it’s Trusting, NOT Trying....

Repentance unto salvation requires faith in Jesus plus Godly sorrow for past sins and a commitment to turn away from sin to take up our cross and follow Jesus.

So it would be.....By Grace you are saved, plus Turning over a New Leaf , so every  man can boast.....

Interesting, just not Biblical .....

Its pure and simple “ Will Worship”, which Paul has warned us about.....using one’s self-control and will power to “ clean ourselves up”. That can fool some people with what is nothing more than religion- one can really make that “ outside of the cup” sparkle . Then ,by comparison, there is God’s Way. Invite Him in and let HIM clean the inside of the cup and everything else will take care of itself.Only God can clean the inside of a person and TRANSFORM him into the image of His Son.Trust Him and He will do what ONLY He can do.Trust yourself and you can join the countless Religionists who “ ape” True Christianity with their utterly useless self- effort.As always ,it’s all about Trusting. It may be a cliche , but nevertheless we have to “ Let go and let God”. That is Faith .God will not save anybody that is “trying” to go to Heaven.He will save ALL that are “Trusting” to go to Heaven.

27 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

So it would be.....By Grace you are saved, plus Turning over a New Leaf , so every  man can boast.....

Interesting, just not Biblical .....

Its pure and simple “ Will Worship”, which Paul has warned us about.....using one’s self-control and will power to “ clean ourselves up”. That can fool some people with what is nothing more than religion- one can really make that “ outside of the cup” sparkle . Then ,by comparison, there is God’s Way. Invite Him in and let HIM clean the inside of the cup and everything else will take care of itself.Only God can clean the inside of a person and TRANSFORM him into the image of His Son.Trust Him and He will do what ONLY He can do.Trust yourself and you can join the countless Religionists who “ ape” True Christianity with their utterly useless self- effort.As always ,it’s all about Trusting. It may be a cliche , but nevertheless we have to “ Let go and let God”. That is Faith .God will not save anybody that is “trying” to go to Heaven.He will save ALL that are “Trusting” to go to Heaven.

There is no boasting in doing what is expected of us.  That just makes us unprofitable servants.  Accusations of being boastful and prideful is judgmental spin.