Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ZacharyB

Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Greetings, maryjayne … First of all, we are saved by believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ.  We all agree that there is no merit in any good works of our own.  Good works are evidence of salvation because if you are truly saved, “it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13.  

Ephesians 2:8-10

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

1ED7AFDE-BA6C-40F0-8B52-287DEA3525B7.gif.e897e56cd023102f0e8ff40a4aea32d2.gif

 

 

That's right sonshine .      Saved soley by grace .      HANDS UP and praise the LORD .     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Read the very last line .      Then remember ,   a good tree can only produce good fruit .    It it produces bad fruit ,   ITS NOT of the Good tree .

I have seen many who claim Him in mouth but their works show no proof of the love their mouth claims .

These are in dire danger and must be reminded and warned .   

Make that calling and election sure .      We all , each and everyone better know its the true BIBLICAL JESUS they are following .

For many different gosples and images of jesus are being accepted and loved and yet ,   ITS NOT the BIBLICAL JESUS at all .

SO , let me Remind us all ,    If a man or women is hollering or saying I BELIEVE in JESUS ,  I Believe all that He did for me

YET if they love him NOT its a bad dire end .  THEY NEVER KNEW HIM .   TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM and TO LOVE HIM IS TO OBEY HIM .

Obediance is KEY to WHO WE LOVE . 

For who we obey , HIS servants we are .   And if we LOVE HIM NOT ,   then all the amount of words from our mouth ,  Aint gonna matter .    WE GET TOLD I NEVER KNEW YOU .

This is a fact and its gonna be a painful one to many ON HIS DAY .     WHO WE LOVE ,SHOWS WHOSE WE ARE , IT SHOWS .

SHOW THE PROOF of thy love .     I don't think folks can argue one ounce with this .     BECAUSE IF WE LOVED HIM NOT , WE WERE NOT HIS .

ANd if YE LOVE ME , YE WOULD KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS .

ONE WHO LOVES JESUS , ONE WHO WORSHIPS GOD IN SPIRIT and in TRUTH being born again from ABOVE ,  IS A HEARER and A DOER of THE WORD .

Paul knew it too .    Many profess HIM in mouth , many claim to have FAITH , yet DENY the FAITH .

HOW do we deny the faith .      We are not DOERS of the WORD is how we deny the faith ,  We are hearers only and have deicieved ourselves .

An example , by PAUL , of denying the faith .     And if one PROVIDES not for his own , Specially those of the household ,   HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH .  DENIED THE FAITH .

And is even worse than an infidel .     HEY thems paul words .   

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but we cannot change the pure Gospel message because there are phonies out there who change  grace into license to sin. There are going to be just as many who trust in their performance who are going to hear “depart from me I never knew you”. 

From simple faith, springs a new life. It is how we became born again. Not a single work is involved.

1Pe 1:23  For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Eph 1:13  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Gal 3:5  So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

When you tell people “they gotta do this, or they gotta do that” in order to be saved or remain saved, you taint the very simple Gospel message. That message is believe on him and be saved, period. When the sinner does this he is born again and receives the Holy Spirit of promise. 
 

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Rom 1:17  For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Read the very last line .      Then remember ,   a good tree can only produce good fruit .    It it produces bad fruit ,   ITS NOT of the Good tree .

I have seen many who claim Him in mouth but their works show no proof of the love their mouth claims .

These are in dire danger and must be reminded and warned .   

Make that calling and election sure .      We all , each and everyone better know its the true BIBLICAL JESUS they are following .

For many different gosples and images of jesus are being accepted and loved and yet ,   ITS NOT the BIBLICAL JESUS at all .

SO , let me Remind us all ,    If a man or women is hollering or saying I BELIEVE in JESUS ,  I Believe all that He did for me

YET if they love him NOT its a bad dire end .  THEY NEVER KNEW HIM .   TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM and TO LOVE HIM IS TO OBEY HIM .

Obediance is KEY to WHO WE LOVE . 

For who we obey , HIS servants we are .   And if we LOVE HIM NOT ,   then all the amount of words from our mouth ,  Aint gonna matter .    WE GET TOLD I NEVER KNEW YOU .

This is a fact and its gonna be a painful one to many ON HIS DAY .     WHO WE LOVE ,SHOWS WHOSE WE ARE , IT SHOWS .

SHOW THE PROOF of thy love .     I don't think folks can argue one ounce with this .     BECAUSE IF WE LOVED HIM NOT , WE WERE NOT HIS .

ANd if YE LOVE ME , YE WOULD KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS .

ONE WHO LOVES JESUS , ONE WHO WORSHIPS GOD IN SPIRIT and in TRUTH being born again from ABOVE ,  IS A HEARER and A DOER of THE WORD .

Paul knew it too .    Many profess HIM in mouth , many claim to have FAITH , yet DENY the FAITH .

HOW do we deny the faith .      We are not DOERS of the WORD is how we deny the faith ,  We are hearers only and have deicieved ourselves .

An example , by PAUL , of denying the faith .     And if one PROVIDES not for his own , Specially those of the household ,   HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH .  DENIED THE FAITH .

And is even worse than an infidel .     HEY thems paul words .   

E15A2619-7A43-4C58-9915-6028503A8C1C.gif.ffd176e10d78d4779dd3b123b19d44a4.gif  Hands are raised!

Eternal security only if we believe, then trust and obey (abide), and repent when we sin.  

I like the words to this beloved hymn:

“When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”

C8E35FEB-1296-4DA1-BD49-7534EF6FB6EC.gif.c80cfba987a160754147edcd835e86e5.gif 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, saved34 said:

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but we cannot change the pure Gospel message because there are phonies out there who change  grace into license to sin. There are going to be just as many who trust in their performance who are going to hear “depart from me I never knew you”. 

From simple faith, springs a new life. It is how we became born again. Not a single work is involved.

1Pe 1:23  For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Eph 1:13  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Gal 3:5  So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

When you tell people “they gotta do this, or they gotta do that” in order to be saved or remain saved, you taint the very simple Gospel message. That message is believe on him and be saved, period. When the sinner does this he is born again and receives the Holy Spirit of promise. 
 

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Rom 1:17  For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

 

If they love him not they were never his .       Its just one tough cookie to go around .     The entire statement stands .    But be encouraged .   How often did JESUS

say and warn and the apostles say and warn .      NO LOVE equals we were not HIS .   Its kind of scary for some folks , I get that .  But its better to know it and learn it

than to have only thought we loved Him and find out at the end ,   OOPS we did not .      Be blessed now .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That's right sonshine .      Saved soley by grace .      HANDS UP and praise the LORD .     

 

BUT........we have to repent to “stay” saved, right ?Once saved, Grace vanishes and we have to rely on “ Lucky Repentance” to make it to Heaven...... “ by repentance you are saved, lest any man should boast”— that ain’t what my Bible says......you finish just like you started “ The righteous shall LIVE by Faith.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Greetings, maryjayne … First of all, we are saved by believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ.  We all agree that there is no merit in any good works of our own.  Good works are evidence of salvation because if you are truly saved, “it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13.  

Ephesians 2:8-10

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

1ED7AFDE-BA6C-40F0-8B52-287DEA3525B7.gif.e897e56cd023102f0e8ff40a4aea32d2.gif

 

 

Amen, Sonshine. God himself has prepared us to do good works. He even says to keep our eyes peeled so we can see every opportunity he gives us.

My only objection is “good works as evidence of salvation “. How many evidences did the thief on the cross display? There some very devout and religious folks who does not steal, kill, they give money, pray five times a day, etc, and they do not believe in Christ and are going to hell unless they do.

Abraham believed God when he had no sign of having more seeds, he simply believed God’s word and God counted him righteous. I think the same goes for us today, believe God’s word concerning his Son, and you are saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sonshine☀️ said:

E15A2619-7A43-4C58-9915-6028503A8C1C.gif.ffd176e10d78d4779dd3b123b19d44a4.gif  Hands are raised!

Eternal security only if we believe, then trust and obey (abide), and repent when we sin.  

I like the words to this beloved hymn:

“When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”

C8E35FEB-1296-4DA1-BD49-7534EF6FB6EC.gif.c80cfba987a160754147edcd835e86e5.gif 
 

SPOT ON RIGHT .     Any lamb who is HIS will love HIM .   Two things will a true lamb do .    ONE  .  IF it sees another in error or heeding false things , ITS GONNA DO all to warn

and correct .     If any lamb does err ,   it repents from that error .   And the people are to correct any who do err .   Even separating them out , TILL they repent .

Everything we do must agree with the original pattern that JESUS and the apostels both did , said and taught .       HANDS UP SISTER .

But any church or person that twists and changes , omits and ignores this pattern , is only twisting destruction unto their own selves .

I notice the early church was big time dire about sin and error .     So my question to you is ,    DOES IT SEEM LIKE THE HYPER GRACE GOSPLE is anything remotely LIKE

the true grace of GOD which brings salvation that teaches us to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be living soberly righteously and godly as we hasten unto the coming of our LORD .

I seen a hyper grace one , whose name I wont mention ,   going after you on a thread .   And you were doing what was right ,  thus I came and tried to help .

YOU REMEMER .     We gotta help this man ,   but at the same time he has greatly resisted so  I left it in the hands of GOD .   Unless I am led once again to try and help him.

A true lamb loves JESUS above all , and from that love comes the true love that hates not the brethren in its heart .  It will in any wise rebuke one who is in error and not allow sin upon them .

SO ,  you just leap up ,  PRAISE UP and SHOUT GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH TO THE LORD .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saved34 said:

Amen, Sonshine. God himself has prepared us to do good works. He even says to keep our eyes peeled so we can see every opportunity he gives us.

My only objection is “good works as evidence of salvation “. How many evidences did the thief on the cross display? There some very devout and religious folks who does not steal, kill, they give money, pray five times a day, etc, and they do not believe in Christ and are going to hell unless they do.

Abraham believed God when he had no sign of having more seeds, he simply believed God’s word and God counted him righteous. I think the same goes for us today, believe God’s word concerning his Son, and you are saved.

Belief first.  :) … 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Being "born again" is the only thing that ensures salvation for anyone.

You can be a follower of Christ and live your life trying to obey an idea of what it means to be a disciple of Christ, and spend your entire life working in ghetto's feeding starving children.

Then you'll die at 80 and go directly to hell wondering why you are in hell.

Answer ).. Jesus said....."YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN".

THIS is the obedience that God accepts, its the obedience of the only thing that  YOU can do.... that will cause God to have you, accept you, and keep you.

Its the obedience of FAITH.

"the work of God is that you BELIEVE on the One whom He SENT = Jesus".    John 6:29

This is the only WORK that God accepts that you can do.

Did Jesus say.........."if you dont work with blind children and read the bible 18 hrs a day on off days, then you don't have enough obedience for me to save you"?

No, He didnt say that.    Jesus didnt suffer and die on a Cross to then share the result with your self effort.

Here is what He said......"if you don't BELIEVE that I AM HE....(Messiah, Savior, ), then you will DIE IN YOUR SIN"... = you will go to hell.  John 8:24

We are never to put our trust in our own works in an effort to try to become saved, or to try to keep ourselves saved, as in both cases we are Not trusting in Christ.

Edited by Behold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, belief first.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...