Sign in to follow this  
ejected

Are u a target?

Depart from evil then look out! Isaiah 59:50

This is the way it works for me. God will bless with some special blessings then a while later BAM BAM BAM!

Gut punched from several different unrelated angles. Always a family member.

Ive learned to brace myself. And not to retaliate or go into some defense tactic. Just leads to a back and forth fracas. 

Jesus said if we are to share in His glory, we are to share in His sufferings.  

This takes a lot of hard work. 

Going to a brother in the Lord that you have a problem with is somewhat a different deal. I believe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s hard when our family members either fight with us or worse, not saved. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ejected said:

Going to a brother in the Lord that you have a problem with is somewhat a different deal. I believe. 

It can be. Family are your own kin, and they have known for a lot longer. It doesn't necessarily make for easier resolutions, however. 

Edited by BeauJangles

On 7/22/2019 at 10:06 AM, ejected said:

This is the way it works for me. God will bless with some special blessings then a while later BAM BAM BAM!

Ive learned to brace myself. And not to retaliate or go into some defense tactic. Just leads to a back and forth fracas. 

AMEN!!!

1 John 5:18
We know that whoever is born of God doesn’t sin, but he who was born of God keeps himself, and the evil one doesn’t touch him.

Pure Word version
We are discerning that whoever is now made born of God is definitely not sinning by his choice, but definitely he that is made born from above by God is keeping by his choice himself, and the evil one is definitely not touching him.

What most do not understand is the attacks are from the enemy using people also. But if we remain in the Lord, abiding in Him, and ceasing from sin, the evil one can't touch him.

Hebrews 10:26-27
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,  but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 

Proverbs 19:23
The fear of Lord leads to life, then contentment; he rests and will not be touched by trouble.

Proverbs 26:2
Like a fluttering sparrow, like a darting swallow, so the undeserved curse doesn’t come to rest. 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:06 AM, ejected said:

I was curious about your Bible verse, but I can't find an Isaiah 59:50 in my Bible.

There are going to be tribulations in our lives in this world. You give them to God. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I was curious about your Bible verse, but I can't find an Isaiah 59:50 in my Bible.

Im sorry. 59:15

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes God gives us a thorn in the side to keep us humble.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had to largely separate myself from family after I first got born again to keep from them derailing my faith. 

Things got better over time, but even then we never developed the closeness we had before I Got saved. I think the Principle that "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me" can apply here somewhat. You have to make a choice as to whether you are going to go full on with God or not.

• Praise God! 1

49 minutes ago, Willa said:

Sometimes God gives us a thorn in the side to keep us humble.

Or allows it, as the case may be.

Sign in to follow this