Sign in to follow this  
naominash

God uses pain and works it out for our good

19 hours ago, naominash said:

With God, I can face anything. With His presence, all problems become bearable. He's my rock. Who knows where I'd be without Him. 

Hi again Naomiash.
Trust God, He will direct your path to keep going, His way .
Paul fought the good fight, and kept running the race.

08e1k7vt4g301.jpg.141e32ad65fe87ba6efa7b635dedfbe0.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, naominash said:

I figured God had abandoned me.

I had no close friendships outside of my marriage, no job attacks of anxiety and depression, and unable to find a church.

These things are still true but now I realize God was trying to get me to put my hope in Him. 

God isn't just our hope when we're happy and life is going well. He's our hope when life falls apart, when our dreams are crushed and there's nothing left of them.

God doesn't want me to put my identity in anything but Him. The mental anguish Ive gone through weren't a waste because they led me to examine my life and see that my hope was misplaced.

With God, I can face anything. With His presence, all problems become bearable. He's my rock. Who knows where I'd be without Him. 

You never cease to amaze me with your powerful thoughts put on paper for us to read! 

I am glad you are drawing closer to God through your pain, but when I finish writing my thought I’m getting on my knees for you.......🙏🏻

Love you bunches,

spock

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If there are no churches in your area, perhaps you should start one. Many denominations might enjoy helping you do that.

If I can't find a church to go to, I will keep this in mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, naominash said:

I had no close friendships outside of my marriage, no job attacks of anxiety and depression, and unable to find a church.

These things are still true but now I realize God was trying to get me to put my hope in Him. 

God isn't just our hope when we're happy and life is going well. He's our hope when life falls apart, when our dreams are crushed and there's nothing left of them.

God doesn't want me to put my identity in anything but Him. The mental anguish Ive gone through weren't a waste because they led me to examine my life and see that my hope was misplaced.

Amen! Gideon and his army had to break the clay pots to reveal the torch inside. God has to break us sometimes to bring forth the light in us. It is painful, but God uses it for His glory to accomplish His plan and purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, naominash said:

:th_wave:Hi, naomi.  :amen:and :amen:

Thanks for the heartfelt post:emot-heartbeat:So beautiful. So true.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, naominash said:

Great post. I can relate all too well. Now reflecting back through all the hurt and pain I have endured since beginning my walk with Christ, I wouldn’t trade any of it. God has grown me stronger for it, and it has increased my anticipation for the joys to come when we finally meet him face to face

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, naominash said:

Over 150 years ago, an unnamed soldier wrote the following about 'unanswered' prayers:

I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for, but everything that I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

Interceding for God's best, naominash : )

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

47 minutes ago, Sower said:

Over 150 years ago, an unnamed soldier wrote the following about 'unanswered' prayers:

I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for, but everything that I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

Interceding for God's best, naominash : )

Truly inspired words.....amazing.....thanks for posting...

On 7/23/2019 at 11:42 PM, lovethelord said:

Nominash,

The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you - depending on how you respond to them.

I agree, when you are in the midst of a trial -how do you respond to it? with hope and patience. You need to let faith do its perfect work in you that ypou may be perfect lacking nothing

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this