As a christian...would God be mad if...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Would he be mad if i decided to give my son away? 

I know deep down i wouldn't bc i love him so much ...but i just hate i dont have any money. Even though im pursuing higher education I don't have anyone to watch him that wont charge a grip. 

I just dont want my child to suffer through poverty. I want him to know what financial stability looks like..i dont want him to suffer at all. Then i think ...he'd have 2 parents instead of one.

It just crosses my mind at times because I feel I cant do this.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Some of the poorest people have the most loving homes.  I don't think God would be mad though if you can't take care of him.  Would the parents of the father be able to help you care for him, or your parents?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Some of the poorest people have the most loving homes.  I don't think God would be mad though if you can't take care of him.  Would the parents of the father be able to help you care for him, or your parents?

I have zero contact.. I lost all of his contact info.. I feel extremely miserably right now.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I am so sorry that you are going through hard times.   I will pray for you and ask God to give you His wisdom.  Perhaps your school counselor may have some suggestions.  Occasionally the school has a co-op for day care while in school or they may have resources where you can get help.

2 minutes ago, Willa said:

I am so sorry that you are going through hard times.   I will pray for you and ask God to give you His wisdom.  Perhaps your school counselor may have some suggestions.  Occasionally the school has a co-op for day care while in school or they may have resources where you can get help.

The only thing that would help is if the job I get has childcare assistance.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with what Willa said.  God looks at the HEART so if your heart is truly in the right place (welfare of your child) and you are being honest with yourself that you are really doing this for the child and not because the child is an inconvenience, then I don’t see why God would be mad?  But, I really don’t have all the facts and shouldn’t be speaking for Him. 

BUT......

there are so many government programs, Federal and County. Welfare being most obvious will help assist single women to help pay for normal household expenses and include child care, food (food stamps), your education, and just help you live. 

Of course, there are churches out there who also budget for needy people....that may be another resource. 

This is about the best I could do with such limited knowledge of your situation. 

• Loved it! 2

5 minutes ago, naominash said:

I know you must be scared. But I just feel like you would regret giving your son away. Like Spock said, a lot of government help kicks in once kids are involved. 

I just have this belief that even on your own, the love you specifically have for your child would benefit the child more than trying to put the child in a financially stable environment.

You must be scared. I'm praying for you. But I believe everything will be alright. You and your son. You know the Lord and how to call on Him. That's a gift that you have that other parents may not have.

I'm not here to say you can or can't give your son away. But I do believe you can keep the child and things would be difficult but they would work out. 

Youre right. I don't want to give him away and I won't because I couldn't part with him. I look forward to when he gets here-- but I just hate I don't have much resources for my baby. Also I hate where I live I'm sleeping on my brother's one bed that me and my mom share and its a 1 bedroom--idk I just want to work as soon as I can so I can get a place for me and my baby because a home to call ours where no one elses kids come in and they eat our groceries.. just annoying. Sorry for ranting.. I just wish there was a way out

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Figure of Eight,

I just feel i have to give you a gentle nudge in your thinking. I'll make this simple:

1.  God is giving this child to you (this baby is your blessing from God). He is given to YOU.

2.  Financial stability and maybe having two parents might be ideal, but God selected you as this baby's mommy (God always knows what is best)

3.  The love that you have and will have for your baby cannot compare with anyone else's love for your baby.

4.  Remember, pregnancy hormones!  The stress you feel over your finances is definitely impacted by your hormones.

5.  God is in control. Trust the Lord. Stay faithful. All will work out in his best timing for you.

• Psalm 94:19, "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul."
  • 2 Samuel 22;31-33, "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?  It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure." 
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

LovetheLord, I hate to ask this, but some of us older folks (me for instance) have a hard time reading such tiny print. Would you please keep it to the same size as the default font?

• Thumbs Up 1