As a christian...would God be mad if...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding, but in all thy ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your path Proverbs 3:5,6

There is no hardship the Lord doesn't  know about and has compassion. Jesus said for those who trust in Him He shall meet their needs according to His riches in gory. 

He told his disciples that in this world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have over come the world. 

With God  nothing impossible. So come to Him with your petitions. You are never alone and He knows your name. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Noone wants their child to know poverty. Keep in mind, that if your child knows your love, poverty will be no great shakes. My prayers to you n yours n peace upon your soul.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Would he be mad if i decided to give my son away? 

I know deep down i wouldn't bc i love him so much ...but i just hate i dont have any money. Even though im pursuing higher education I don't have anyone to watch him that wont charge a grip. 

I just dont want my child to suffer through poverty. I want him to know what financial stability looks like..i dont want him to suffer at all. Then i think ...he'd have 2 parents instead of one.

It just crosses my mind at times because I feel I cant do this.

You should do what's best for your son.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Would he be mad if i decided to give my son away? 

I know deep down i wouldn't bc i love him so much ...but i just hate i dont have any money. Even though im pursuing higher education I don't have anyone to watch him that wont charge a grip. 

I just dont want my child to suffer through poverty. I want him to know what financial stability looks like..i dont want him to suffer at all. Then i think ...he'd have 2 parents instead of one.

It just crosses my mind at times because I feel I cant do this.

God knows what he is doing.  If he gives you a child, it is for a reason.  To give your child away would be to question his decision to give you this gift.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

19 hours ago, ayin jade said:

So no matter what you decide, your baby can grow up in a good home, well loved.

Ayin jade is absolutely right.
Some more things you might consider (aka thowing my opinions into the mix ;))

1) Be wary of assuming that you will be raising your child in poverty. Neither you nor any of us here knows your future. When I was 20 years old and in school, I was eating Beanie-Weenies to stay alive. I'm in my 60's now, and made it just fine through those lean times by the grace of God. The fact that you're in school (and are doing well!) shows that you have good motivation and a good head on your shoulders. Keep on the course.

2) Using wisdom in managing your money now, no matter how much you have or don't have, will benefit you greatly. If you start practicing good financial habits now, they will have become normal practice when you get a job and earn more income.

3) Decisions based on fear seem to be the ones that bite you in the back down the road. (Ask yourself- Am I considering giving up my child simply because I am afraid he will grow up in poverty?)

4) (With a nod to @ayin jade) The foundation of a home (adopted or not) is love, not things. That becomes clearer and clearer as we continue to age and mature.

We are for you, @Figure of eighty, and we want your life to be happy and successful. Don't forget about the Prayer Request forum if you think adding a thread there would be helpful to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

You asked, 1. Would God me mad at me if I gave up my baby?  

I think you’ve gotten plenty of feedback on that one.....but there are always two sides to every coin...so the  other side of the coin should not be ignored either......

2. Would God me mad at me if I didn’t properly take care of this “gift” He gave me? 

While you are deliberating question one, don’t forget question two. I believe that question needs to be pondered, discussed, and answered just as much.

Still praying.......

spock

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

17 minutes ago, Spock said:

You asked, 1. Would God me mad at me if I gave up my baby?  

I think you’ve gotten plenty of feedback on that one.....but there are always two sides to every coin...so the  other side of the coin should not be ignored either......

2. Would God me mad at me if I didn’t properly take care of this “gift” He gave me? 

While you are deliberating question one, don’t forget question two. I believe that question needs to be pondered, discussed, and answered just as much.

Still praying.......

spock

I'll be able to care for him. If I was truly homeless with zero support Id most likely give him away. I was just frustrated I'm not out of my program yet and dealing with stressors.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

80, I wasn’t the best mother. I probably didn’t even do my best. God understands and knows you. I think it’s not bad or sin to give up a baby to someone in a better situation. However; I think you and God can do this!  You even asking for advice on a Christian Forum shows your trying. In the end children are “arrows in our quiver”. My best friend is my daughter. She is 24. It wasn’t always easy, but it’s worth it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This hasnt been mentioned so far, but you said you wanted to have your tubes tied. 

As a Christian, you are not to have sexual relations outside of marriage. There is no need to have your tubes tied. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

29 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

This hasnt been mentioned so far, but you said you wanted to have your tubes tied. 

As a Christian, you are not to have sexual relations outside of marriage. There is no need to have your tubes tied. 

Sometimes maybe it is wiser to be safe instead of sorry.......not offering this up as an excuse, but it’s a fact— “ The flesh is weak”.......