heavensflower

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Throughout all of the Bible, God makes one important thing stand out, love, the power of love. 

Jesus tells us to love our enemies. He says: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. if someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you do not demand it back.  Do to others as you would have them do to you. 

If you love only those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even "Sinners" love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you?

Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.  Luke 6:27-36

There is something better, more on a amighty love:

John 3:16 is a common witnessing, truthful verse that sums up the gospel in a nut shell.  For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him  shall not perish but have eternal life. 

Now, really about love,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge and I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 

Love is patient love is kind. I does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Love never fails But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part, and we prophecy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappeared.  When I was a child, I thought like a child, I talked like a child. I reasoned like a child. When I became I man I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part, then I shall know fully even as I am fully known.   

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, heavensflower said:

Throughout all of the Bible, God makes one important thing stand out, love, the power of love. 

Jesus tells us to love our enemies. He says: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. if someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you do not demand it back.  Do to others as you would have them do to you. 

If you love only those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even "Sinners" love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you?

Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.  Luke 6:27-36

There is something better, more on a amighty love:

John 3:16 is a common witnessing, truthful verse that sums up the gospel in a nut shell.  For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him  shall not perish but have eternal life. 

Now, really about love,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge and I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 

Love is patient love is kind. I does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Love never fails But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part, and we prophecy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappeared.  When I was a child, I thought like a child, I talked like a child. I reasoned like a child. When I became I man I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part, then I shall know fully even as I am fully known. 

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

STRONGS G26
ἀγάπη
agapē
ag-ah'-pay
From G25; love, that is, affection or benevolence; specifically (plural) a love feast: - (feast of) charity ([-ably]), dear, love.
Total KJV occurrences: 116

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@heavensflower

You did a real good job on putting those scriptures together was a great text-to-speech listen to. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, Love is the CORE to what God is. GOD is love.

In fact you cannot say God is love unless you have a lover ( the Father ), a beloved ( the Son) and the spirit of love between them ( the holy spirit ). That's what makes Christianity unique. Our God is love because He is a triune God: Father Son Holy spirit.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

The real situation that i see now is that many christians offer no forgiveness and only share their curses, but it reveals who they really are so God may see who is who actually. God still give them a chance to repent.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

There is a reason for this love seen in Romans2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Love that merely lets someone continue in a destructive habit is not love or loving.

Our care and concern for others should be a challenge to them. 'Why are we helping them?' Which we should be able to put an answer into words that helps them find Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Biblical love indeed has so many facts; what I am personally working on is showing empathy or fellow feeling for those around me.

Empathizing with others in the trials and challenges they face in life if important for us to do. The apostle Peter suggested as much when he wrote: “All of you be like-minded, showing fellow feeling, having brotherly affection, tenderly compassionate, humble in mind.” (1 Peter 3:8) The Greek word used here for showing “fellow feeling” denotes “suffering with.”  Thus, empathy is a state of mind which exists when we enter into the feelings of others as if they were our own; it is as if when we show empathy we have pain in our own hearts.

God also has empathy regarding the sufferings of his people Israel: “During all their distress it was distressing to him.” (Isaiah 63:9) The Lord did not merely see their troubles; he felt for the people. Just how intensely he feels is illustrated by God's own words to his people, recorded at Zechariah 2:8: “He that is touching you is touching my eyeball,” one of the most intricate and delicate structures in the human body.r the purposes of vision—the most sensitive, as well as important, part of that structure. Nothing can more finely convey the idea of the exquisitely tender care of Jehovah for the objects of his love.”

Jesus too has always showed profound fellow feeling. He was repeatedly “moved with pity” over the plight of his fellow humans who were sick or troubled. (Mark 1:41; 6:34) He indicated that when anyone fails to treat his anointed followers kindly, he feels as though he himself were receiving that treatment. (Matthew 25:41-46) And today as our heavenly “high priest,” he is one who can “sympathize with our weaknesses.”—Hebrews 4:15.

Definitely the issues above is my need area!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you for your kind responses. I am lacking in love. I need to obey the Bible. I need to pray more, do the things I speak of, take my own advice. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

56 minutes ago, heavensflower said:

Thank you for your kind responses. I am lacking in love. I need to obey the Bible. I need to pray more, do the things I speak of, take my own advice. 

In Christ;

Rest assured as your heart responds to the Spirit, that He has made to dwell in you, your tent will be enlarged. 

The heart that is open, to His revealing it’s need of Him, is a most blessed  heart indeed.  

As He will always  continue to perfect that which concerns, those that are willing. 

Many blessings in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

1 hour ago, heavensflower said:

heavensflower,

Great post! I can agree with your sentiments for myself as well. I find it hard to be loving to someone who is being unpleasant or difficult. However, I've seen that as my love and fellowship with God has grown I've become a much kinder, generous and helpful person to others especially when I look back through the years and the person I was before. God truly has and will continue to work in me.

I read in a Christian article that the most loving thing we can do for others is love God the most so that we can love others best.  This stuck in my mind, because how we love others, particularly other Christians, reveals how we love God. This made sense to me. 

• John 17:26, “I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
  • 1 John 4:20, “If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.”