• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

4 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Imho gays r given chance to repent, we all r sinners, the church can show their sin, it doesnt mean the church approve LGBT by all means.

Explain how, at a funeral in which the son is gay and will be participating in the funeral event, the church is able to show that homosexuality is wrong? 

They chose to demonstrate that the church building is not to be used to promote homosexuality. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I saw this in the news today and Im curious what you all think. 

A man, I will call him fred, is dying and wishes to have 1) his funeral at the church he first attended and 2) have his son sing at the funeral. The son, jesse, made arrangements with the church for the funeral. The church later found out that the son will have his fiance with him. The fiance is another man. The church, a baptist church, canceled the funeral. 

There is some dispute about whether or not they outright canceled it or asked that the fiance not attend. Regardless, there is a huge backlash against the church and I suspect this could end up going to court. Which would mean that churches may lose the right to have any say in what goes on at their churches. 

Was the church correct in what they did? 

Personally I think the church was correct to cancel the funeral. 

Hi ayin jade,

Interesting question and relevant to today`s difficulties. My hubby says, (& I agree) that it would be a good opportunity for the minister to present the gospel. Not only are those homosexuals sinners but I would imagine that there would be other sinners there too.

God always has His arms outstretched to the sinner. It is the Pharisees that want to turn them away. I seem to think that we have forgotten that the Lord came for the `sick,` to call the sinner to repentance, and what an opportunity to reach out to those sinners and all the others as they contemplate their own time of dying.

So...is that church meeting just for the righteous?

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

37 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Explain how, at a funeral in which the son is gay and will be participating in the funeral event, the church is able to show that homosexuality is wrong? 

They chose to demonstrate that the church building is not to be used to promote homosexuality. 

And how is allowing his gay son and his fiance to attend promoting homosexuality? I see the church making more of an issue out of this than the son is. If someone being gay is reason enough to block them from speaking at their own father's funeral, that doesn't reflect some kind of love or forgiveness from the church, instead discrimination based on a trait that is irrelevant to the given event.

If the son was giving some speech about his sexual orientation, that'd be one thing. But this is a funeral, he'd probably be talking about his dad, not his being gay. And seeing all the responses here about the opportunity to deliver a sermon against homosexuality also throws me off. It's a funeral, are they going to talk about his father's life and accomplishments with or without what would probably be the most passive-aggressive call-out against the son and his fiance I can imagine?

And I certainly don't think simply allowing the son to speak and sing at his own father's funeral somehow translates to showing an acceptance of homosexuality, more like letting the close family do what a close family member does at a funeral.

Given that conflict, and the article you posted, it seems that the family took their funeral to a different funeral parlor, avoiding the conflict altogether. I think that's for the best.

If you're going to condemn homosexuality, maybe don't do it at the father of a gay son's funeral. Save that for something where talking about it might actually be relevant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  769
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

By a short preaching against LGBT right there.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

If we welcome gay to church we can use God's word to make them repent, which they cannot find at other places. Pastor can use the gay's presence to rebuke him with the sermon.

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

By a short preaching against LGBT right there.

I'd have to agree with Jade. A funeral is no place for taking an inopportune agenda against a situation such as this. It just shouldn't be done. Period.  

10 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'd have to agree with Jade. A funeral is no place for taking an inopportune agenda against a situation such as this. It just shouldn't be done. Period.  

You can just say that Life is short and we return to God, while we live we should not sins like Sodom and Gomorra. period.

Took only 5 seconds.

Edited by R. Hartono

4 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

You can just say that Life is short and we return to God, while we live we should not sins like Sodom and Gomorra. period.

Took only 5 seconds.

Totally inappropriate. Sorry. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Totally inappropriate. Sorry. 

They can include that in the burial sermon.

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

They can include that in the burial sermon.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Thats exactly the time, at the burial sermon, to pass God's message in a few seconds words against LGBT of Sodom n Gomorra. such as "We all will return to God, while we live we should not commit the LGBT sins like Sodom n Gomorra, may he rest in peace with God", it doesnt mean the church accept LGBT, where else those gays will listen ? 

Be smart as serpent and sincere like doves.

Edited by R. Hartono