• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Kristin said:

So Jesus Christ is what we will see and He is the Father and the Holy Spirit? I don’t mean to get away from the topic, but it bears asking from some truths here. 

And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. (Zech. 14:9)

We Serve One God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Without dragging out posts, I see Islam has already invaded Europe. So if that’s #4 it’s already happened. Maybe to usher in the end times for complete Islam, they will invade the USA. I doubt it though. We will just be nuked or something. I can’t imagine US citizens allowing a full on invasion of Islam. Except our southern border. It’s a mess here. Europe allows it. We technically do not, but our elected officials just stand there and cry for THEM NOT US. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/24/2019 at 6:22 PM, Marilyn C said:

Revelation from God`s view. Vision 2. The Heir.

`There was a boy whose father gave him a very complex jigsaw puzzle to solve. When the boy finished it quite quickly the father asked how he did it so easily. The boy replied, “On the back of the puzzle is a picture of Jesus. I put that together easily, and then all the difficult pieces on the other side all came together in their right places.”

So it is I believe, we are often trying to find where the bits of revelation fit in, whereas if we look at it from God`s perspective, then it will all come out right. And God`s view point is His Son. Revelation, the unveiling, is of His Son as He is known in the heavenly realm. It is the setting forth the splendours of the Son of Man, and to reveal His glorious person. 

There are four visions of the Son of Man as He is known in the heavenly realm and each vision in turn carries through to completion one aspect of the fourfold ministry of Christ which He exercised when on earth. His Kinship was expressed in Matthew, His Heirship in Mark, His Mediatorship in Luke, and His Judgeship in John.

Vision 1.    CHRIST -  Head of the Body.  (Rev. 1 - 3)

This reveals the empowered Son of Man as the Sovereign Administrator.                                                                

`in His right hand He held 7 stars.`

Vision 2.   CHRIST -   HEIR.  (Rev. 4 – 7)

This reveals the enthroned Son of Man as the Supreme Executor.

`in His right hand He held the 7 sealed book.`

Vision 3.    CHRIST -  MEDIATOR.  (Rev. 8 – 13)

This reveals the exalted Son of Man as the Stately Mediator.

`in His hand is a sacred censor.`

Vision 4.    CHRIST -  JUDGE.  (Rev. 14 – 22)

This reveals the entitled Son of Man as the Sublime Adjudicator.

`in His hand is a sharp sickle.`

To reveal Christ to us in Revelation, I believe, there are over three hundred & thirty references to the figures, shadows, symbols, types, patterns, persons, & buildings of the Old Testament. This unveiling is the culmination of all the truths expressed from Genesis to Revelation, for all scripture is centred on one purpose and that is to reveal Christ to us in all His Glory.

The Revelation is revealing Jesus Christ.  We once had a series of sermons of all the ways Jesus is portrayed or revealed in the Revelation.  It was one of the best studies and I still remember it from the 70s.  We are, after all, supposed to keep our eyes on our Savior and to look for His appearing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

59 minutes ago, nzkev said:

How would you interpret?

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Hi nzkev,

The Capital LORD (Jehovah) is the Father, and the Lord, (Adonai) is the Son. The Son has returned to the Godhead, far above the created order for He is deity. Then the Father tells Him to stay there until He, the Father makes His enemies the Son`s footstool. In other words, the Son is to wait until the Father brings the nations to the Son to be judged. It is then that the Son will operate in His authority and power within the created order so that all may see Him. 

Marilyn 

31 minutes ago, Willa said:

The Revelation is revealing Jesus Christ.  We once had a series of sermons of all the ways Jesus is portrayed or revealed in the Revelation.  It was one of the best studies and I still remember it from the 70s.  We are, after all, supposed to keep our eyes on our Savior and to look for His appearing.  

Hi Willa,

Now that would have been wonderful to listen to those sermons. We need more of that today and less about us, for as you so rightly say we are to keep our eyes on Jesus. And that means to know Him more.

Thank you for that contribution, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kristin said:

This may be a naive question, but will the Father always be Spirit and not visible?  

Hi Kristin,

Now that is a very good and important question. Well done. The Father is Spirit and thus we could not see Him. However since the Son was manifest as a man, then died, rose again and ascended, He has a glorified body. Thus when He will go to His own throne, with the Body of Christ then we shall be able to see Him. We shall see how God is in human form. Amazing. The Godhead did not just want to be distant from the creation but to actually dwell with man. Thus the Son came and dwelt among us and we will be with Him in glory. utterly outstanding.

Marilyn.

So Jesus Christ is what we will see and He is the Father and the Holy Spirit? I don’t mean to get away from the topic, but it bears asking from some truths here. 

Hi Kristin,

The Godhead is - the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit. They are three persons which are in unity, equal and of the same mind. The Godhead was spirit till the Son was manifest as a man and now has a glorified body. So it is through the Son, we come to understand about the Father.

Marilyn.

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

"..wonderful, counselor, the everlasting father, the prince of peace.."

Hi Justin Adams,

We know that there is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Now when scriptures says that the Son is the everlasting father, it is referring to Him being father to those He brings to glory.

Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Kristin said:

Without dragging out posts, I see Islam has already invaded Europe. So if that’s #4 it’s already happened. Maybe to usher in the end times for complete Islam, they will invade the USA. I doubt it though. We will just be nuked or something. I can’t imagine US citizens allowing a full on invasion of Islam. Except our southern border. It’s a mess here. Europe allows it. We technically do not, but our elected officials just stand there and cry for THEM NOT US. 

Hi Kristen,

Your topics do come from the OP. So to Islam. scripture tells us that they will dominate the other nations, and that will be in a deceitful way as the antichrist comes in peaceably and deceives the leaders of the nations. It will not be an invasion of force.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

This may be a naive question, but will the Father always be Spirit and not visible?  

It is a great question.  I don't know what it will be like in heaven, whether we can see Father God or not.  It must be like looking at the sun or a welding torch, that it would destroy our eyes to try to look at Him.  

1Ti 6:14  that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing,  1Ti 6:15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,  1Ti 6:16  who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

1Jn 1:5  This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

We are also told that God is love.  While I think we will be in awe of Father God, I can't help but think that His love will envelope us more than we have ever known.  His purity as light and love sounds so beautiful.  

While we can't see the Holy Spirit, we can see His effect on our own lives and the lives of others.  We are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we are being built together as His temple.  We are His home!  Our God is just too wonderful.  

• This is Worthy 1