• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Does the Lord discipline you?
He often disciplines me, He is really stern. It is really painful. Most often He tells me the reason for disciplining me, so i can change. He gives me over to the devil for punishment if i do something He does not like. The devil then torments me, lies to me, he is pretending to be the Holy Spirit, so i really dont know who is talking to me, Jesus or the devil. After the chastisement is over He then reveals Himself to me again and i know His voice again and as i said, He most often tells me why i got chastised so i can change. It is painful, but im happy at the end. There were also cases in my life when the devil tormented me with sicness. The devil gave me a fever, i was shaking and coughing and i knew it was from the devil, becasuse Jesus showed this to me.

Proverbs 3, 11-12
11 My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

Hebrews 12, 5-10
5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness

Rev. 3,19
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, mynickname said:

He often disciplines me, He is really stern. It is really painful. Most often He tells me the reason for disciplining me, so i can change. He gives me over to the devil for punishment if i do something He does not like. The devil then torments me, lies to me, he is pretending to be the Holy Spirit, so i really dont know who is talking to me, Jesus or the devil. After the chastisement is over He then reveals Himself to me again and i know His voice again and as i said, He most often tells me why i got chastised so i can change. It is painful, but im happy at the end. There were also cases in my life when the devil tormented me with sicness. The devil gave me a fever, i was shaking and coughing and i knew it was from the devil, becasuse Jesus showed this to me.

Proverbs 3, 11-12
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

Hebrews 12, 5-10
5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness

Rev. 3,19

God knows how to prune us...never a pleasant experience...so that we bear more fruit.

But modern doctrines tend towards teaching that all unpleasantness comes from the devil...so then people now tend to resist God's pruning. God is a Gentleman and will back off if we ask Him to or react against His workings

David said "your rod (for corrective beating) and your staff (for guiding) they comfort me"...but today that would be turned into something more acceptable like...your ease and your pillows...they comfort me.

Rom. 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

...or indeed...what he doesn't allow God to do...

We are each responsible for what we allow in our lives. We will be judged on the materials we have built with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

16 hours ago, mynickname said:

Proverbs 3, 11-12

Hebrews 12, 5-10

Rev. 3,19

May I suggest that you talk with your minister.

All our sins, yes All our sins have been forgiven through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Please read this passage:-

1John1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Jesus's blood purifies us from all sin.

I think you are being totally decived by evil spirits, which is why you need to talk to your minister or accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and ask for his cleansing and protection.

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Mynickname,

Can I ask how you know that the discipline you are experiencing has been permitted by God to allow Satan to punish you?  Do you think it’s easier to identify your suffering as coming from Satan rather that God?  I ask these questions, so that you can pray to God for His protection over you. You want to be able to discern the voice of our Lord talking to you so you can stop the lies of Satan. If you are a Christian, you have God’s living Spirit inside you to help you.  Please pray to God and ask Him to speak to your heart and bring clarity and peace to your body and spirit.  Please read God's His Word. Let God speak to you from His Word. Try not to twist His words to fit your life or experiences etc...

I also, looked up a previous post where you posted: “I believe because Jesus revealed Himself to me. Even when i was the worst sinner He answered my prayers. And now that i don't sin anymore…”

Please don’t believe this lie.  We all sin and as long as we are alive on earth we will continue to sin and work on habitual sin. If no one sinned or stopped sinning, we wouldn't need Jesus and that's exactly something that Satan would love us to believe.

• 2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”
  • Ephesians 6:10-11, “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

The guy that runs Narrow Way Forums just did a message on chastisement this week.   He started doing weekly messages on YouTube and links them to his message board.  

He was saying that the best thing to do is obey God and no chastisement is necessary.  If you are in sin, don't despise God's correction or ignore it, because ignoring it can lead to a seared conscience.  Be thankful for it and repent.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

19 minutes ago, lovethelord said:

Mynickname,

Can I ask how you know that the discipline you are experiencing has been permitted by God to allow Satan to punish you?  Do you think it’s easier to identify your suffering as coming from Satan rather that God?  I ask these questions, so that you can pray to God for His protection over you. You want to be able to discern the voice of our Lord talking to you so you can stop the lies of Satan. If you are a Christian, you have God’s living Spirit inside you to help you.  Please pray to God and ask Him to speak to your heart and bring clarity and peace to your body and spirit.  Please read God's His Word. Let God speak to you from His Word. Try not to twist His words to fit your life or experiences etc...

I also, looked up a previous post where you posted: “I believe because Jesus revealed Himself to me. Even when i was the worst sinner He answered my prayers. And now that i don't sin anymore…”

Please don’t believe this lie.  We all sin and as long as we are alive on earth we will continue to sin and work on habitual sin. If no one sinned or stopped sinning, we wouldn't need Jesus and that's exactly something that Satan would love us to believe.

• 2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”
  • Ephesians 6:10-11, “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”

Jesus told me. So you are saying that it is impossible to stop wilfully sinning? Name one sin that cant be overcome. 

Hebrews 10:26-31

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, mynickname said:

Jesus told me. So you are saying that it is impossible to stop wilfully sinning? Name one sin that cant be overcome. 

and yet 1 John clearly points out ...

1Jn 1:5  This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 
1Jn 1:6  If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 
1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 
1Jn 1:8  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 
1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
1Jn 1:10  If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

It doesn't say willful sins.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

48 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

It doesn't say willful sins.

there is no other kind of sin for a believer.  All sin is by choice after we're delivered from the  sin nature.  Before being born again, we sinned without hope of being able to  stop sinning because it was our nature to sin.  After dying with Him on the cross we don't HAVE to sin  ever again, but we choose to.  And will until we believe His Word that says we ARE dead to sin....and the "reckoning" of the mind falls in line with that accomplished fact.

• Praise God! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

18 minutes ago, Jostler said:

there is no other kind of sin for a believer.  All sin is by choice after we're delivered from the  sin nature.  Before being born again, we sinned without hope of being able to  stop sinning because it was our nature to sin.  After dying with Him on the cross we don't HAVE to sin  ever again, but we choose to.  And will until we believe His Word that says we ARE dead to sin....and the "reckoning" of the mind falls in line with that accomplished fact.

We often do things that are not right without meaning to.  Nobody has to ever commit premeditated sins.