douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God gave his only begotten Son to the world and sent Jesus from heaven so all would believe on him for everlasting life. This verse is not referring to Jesus's death on the cross in saying that God gave the Son. John was not revealing what was revealed to Paul, that Jesus would justify Jew and Gentile by the cross. God sent him into the world so all would believe in Jesus as being the Messiah, the Son of God and by believing receive eternal life and be saved to enter the kingdom on earth.

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

God sent his Son from heaven and by believing the word and the Son one could be saved.

John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

Jesus was sent from heaven so all would believe on him as Messiah and the Son of God for eternal life and be delivered from wrath.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, douge said:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God gave his only begotten Son to the world and sent Jesus from heaven so all would believe on him for everlasting life. This verse is not referring to Jesus's death on the cross in saying that God gave the Son. John was not revealing what was revealed to Paul, that Jesus would justify Jew and Gentile by the cross. God sent him into the world so all would believe in Jesus as being the Messiah, the Son of God and by believing receive eternal life and be saved to enter the kingdom on earth.

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

God sent his Son from heaven and by believing the word and the Son one could be saved.

John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

Jesus was sent from heaven so all would believe on him as Messiah and the Son of God for eternal life and be delivered from wrath.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John Chapter 7 (KJV)
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Mark Chapter 16 (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 19:2 (KJV) He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

God bless!

9 hours ago, Footprint said:

John Chapter 7 (KJV)
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Mark Chapter 16 (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 19:2 (KJV) He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

God bless!

Hello

Would you care to tell me why you presented these verses....what do you think they are conveying

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus is no longer on earth, its us now, what wud we give to the world ? Many Christians only share their curses out of their non forgiving hearts.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, douge said:

11 hours ago, douge said:

Below are scriptures in which Jesus is saying the very purpose of his mission.  Was to die on the cross, and afterwords he would rise from the dead.  God gave  us his only son, so that he could be the spotless lamb to die in our place.  Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice there can be no atonement without also believing that he was born as a man, born as a Jew, born of a woman, died on the cross and then rose to life again. 

John 12 : 27  “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.

Matthew 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 17:22, 23 When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." And the disciples were filled with grief.

Mathew 20 : 18,19  “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death  and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”

Mark 8 :31 He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.

Mark 9:31  because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.”

Mark 10 : 33,34  “We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, “and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles,  who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.”

Luke 9: 22 and he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

Luke 18: 31, 32, 33 “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.  He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him;  they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.”

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

12 hours ago, douge said:

Though I’m hesitant to bring this up, seeing how I’ve read some of your posts and you hold true that there are two different gospels. And I don’t want to get in a debate about that. Not saying you are right or wrong in that thought.

That being said, I sense a great truth in these words “The Son has been given” I can just barely see the Divine light that would be couched behind those words. Was wondering if you saw something you could articulate and maybe cause a “bump start” as might be said in my innermost being.

Anyways bless you, just thought I’d ask?  :)

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

17 hours ago, appy said:

Below are scriptures in which Jesus is saying the very purpose of his mission.  Was to die on the cross, and afterwords he would rise from the dead.  God gave  us his only son, so that he could be the spotless lamb to die in our place.  Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice there can be no atonement without also believing that he was born as a man, born as a Jew, born of a woman, died on the cross and then rose to life again. 

John 12 : 27  “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.

Matthew 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 17:22, 23 When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." And the disciples were filled with grief.

Mathew 20 : 18,19  “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death  and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”

Mark 8 :31 He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.

Mark 9:31  because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.”

Mark 10 : 33,34  “We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, “and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles,  who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.”

Luke 9: 22 and he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

Luke 18: 31, 32, 33 “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.  He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him;  they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.”

Hello

Yes Jesus was to die and resurrect as forordained before the foundation of the world (1 Peter 1:20) as testified by the law and the prophets......I am not refuting that.

I am saying that Jesus came into the world to save it and that the book of John was written so all might believe Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God and have eternal life (John 20:31)......the gospel Paul received was not yet given......all that Jesus would fulfill by the cross was not yet revealed.

17 hours ago, Not me said:

Though I’m hesitant to bring this up, seeing how I’ve read some of your posts and you hold true that there are two different gospels. And I don’t want to get in a debate about that. Not saying you are right or wrong in that thought.

That being said, I sense a great truth in these words “The Son has been given” I can just barely see the Divine light that would be couched behind those words. Was wondering if you saw something you could articulate and maybe cause a “bump start” as might be said in my innermost being.

Anyways bless you, just thought I’d ask?  :)

Hello

I am sorry but I am not sure I know what you are asking

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

35 minutes ago, douge said:

Hello

I am sorry but I am not sure I know what you are asking

No worries, it was just a thought. 

Blessings as we strive to get to know Christ more and more. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, Not me said:

No worries, it was just a thought. 

Blessings as we strive to get to know Christ more and more. 

Hello

If you have any questions or comments please let me hear them.......I am pretty much a person who tends more to the objective, literal fundamental view of scripture...but would welcome discussion.

I do view that there are different gospels given throughout the Bible but there is only one gospel for us to believe today in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4....God progressively revealed his redemption and gave differing pieces of the overall redemption found in Christ which were to be believed.

• Thumbs Up 1