• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

In this instance the game creators were made to look at endless photographs of real violence and crime scenes. One of the artists said he saw so much real life violence that he started seeing his dog and people as if their skin was transparent, (organs all exposed). Many of them reported nightmares.

That would be traumatic. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That would be traumatic. 

I'll say it would. :o

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'll say it would. :o

Those in the world of law enforcement intelligence such as the FBI and forensics see that kind of stuff a lot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I assume by the use of "fatality" that this is the Mortal Kombat series. It is a rather gruesome serious of games, not only with fatalities, but they have end-battle sequences like deathtraps and suicide as well. I remember Kenshi, a blind swordsman, commiting a Japanese ritualistic suicide called harakiri, which is basically a person disembowelling themselves. Mileena's fatality was eating the enemy's face. You can punch the enemy into rotating spikes that rip them apart, or over the side of a cliff so that they are impaled on stalactites below. On top of fighting games being violent, it's well-known that they amp up the difficulty level to make it more "fun". Boss characters are very cheap. Fighting games are crafted, it almost seems like, to make a player who is not very skilled, very upset. Thus a fighting game not only breeds violence but anger as well.

Though admittedly, my experience with them wasn't always bad. I remember enjoying the Character Creation options, where you can actually make a character to use. The PS2 Mortal Kombats had alternative game modes, like Motor Kombat, which was like Mario Kart. Puzzle Kombat as well. On Soul Calibur 2, Cassandra was my girl. I was terrible with every other character, but Cassandra? It felt nice to win.

However, even given those few fond memories, I agree very much that such games are not healthy. It is presented in a very "light" manner, as if the characters deaths are no big deal. Almost as if the player is meant to revel and celebrate in such bloodshed. That's not even mentioning the perverseness of such games. Women wearing what's basically a few strings as outfits, the skirts fly up and reveal far too much, and that doesn't exempt the male characters, either; oiled up chests or pants that are clearly too tight. The Dead or Alive series is possibly the worst in this regard. DOA2 has a gallery where the women were in bikinis. Another one (I think it was DOA4) has a "camera mode" option, tempting players to voyeurism - snapping pictures when the skirts fly up.

As for the part about viewing crime scene pictures, I can see why they would be disturbed. I've watched a number of gruesome videos online. Men blowing their brains out, even a little girl hang herself. Kind of stuff that makes your stomach twirl, and all your hair stand on end. I remember watching the crime scene video for the Wonderland murders. Drugdealers, thieves, who knows what else - but what a terrible and brutal image. You see a man lying beaten to death, covered in blood... I don't care if they were criminals; it saddened me to see. I make a specific  effort to try and avoid such things exactly for these reasons. The more you focus on it, the more it sticks with you.

Let's hope they get a job with a company like Nintendo or something. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

Let's hope they get a job with a company like Nintendo or something. 

Good grief :unsure::wacko::blink: I guess so!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Yeah and i could only imagine those that love horror and gore movies. 

I was always extremely sensitive to that stuff so i avoid it at all costs even today. 

There's no point looking at garbage like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yeah and i could only imagine those that love horror and gore movies. 

I was always extremely sensitive to that stuff so i avoid it at all costs even today. 

There's no point looking at garbage like that.

I still am very sensitive to very graphic gory movies. I stay far away from them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Maybe they deserve PTSD.

After all they are making mindless entertainment for the young people to get hooked on. I am not saying all games are bad, far from it. But many are. They are just mindless entertainmet. It gets people to believe that everything is just entertainment and shuts of part of that part of the brain that is needed for religious/spiritual understanding.

To understand the Bible you need imagination, you need to have a free imagination. So you can see its realities, not as words, but in your life.

I feel very sorry for those who have had their imagination so toyed with that they just see everything as entertainment, to break out of it burns like hell.

Edited by Beckett

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, missmuffet said:

Those in the world of law enforcement intelligence such as the FBI and forensics see that kind of stuff a lot. 

Those images are traumatic, especially to the rest of us.  However, I think those in law enforcement have on their minds that they are helping to track down criminals.   Therefore, I guess it doesn't affect them as much as us.   They have a job to do and the crime scenes are only a part of that job.   They do alot of investigating, interviewing, etc.

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Those images are traumatic, especially to the rest of us.  However, I think those in law enforcement have on their minds that they are helping to track down criminals.   Therefore, I guess it doesn't affect them as much as us.   They have a job to do and the crime scenes are only a part of that job.   They do alot of investigating, interviewing, etc.

They have a different perspective and they are used to seeing those graphic images. It is just their job.