• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/10/2019 at 10:41 PM, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Revelation 20:v.1-5

20 And I saw an angel (actually an archangel - Rev. 12:v.7-12) come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon - the Red Dragon - , that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till this thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the Beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Yes, I'm familiar with that scripture. For a couple of decades I was a bit of an end times fanatic. ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,190
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 8/7/2019 at 9:49 AM, other one said:

I don't really consider Adam and Eve as failures....      God intended for mankind to judge angels.....    he created Adam and Eve not capable of doing that for they did not know good from bad or good from evil depending on the translation.....     if God intended for us to judge angels then he intended for Adam and Eve to eat of the fruit.....   oddly enough it was Satan himself that make it possible for mankind to be his jury and in a way is just poetic justice the way it happened. God being a just God would not be judge and jury.  I just love the way he works.....

And to go along with it since his greatest creation (Lucifer) turned on him, he can test each of us before we receive eternal bodies to see how we will work out...   anyway, the complete whole story is just fascinating to ponder.

Now Satan can't say that God created the Jury to condemn them, for what God originally created was not capable of doing so.....       once again Satan is playing checkers and God 4D chess.

You really need to study the Bible. 

Adam, goaded by his wife who in turn was tempted by the opposer, fell into SIN.   That is failure of the most horrendous type and God hates it.  It is called SIN and its so bad God had to personally die to reverse its effect upon humanity.  Read the Bible.

Your reference to judging angels is a reference to acts of redeemed persons only.  Those who are not redeemed don't even get a hearing of their prayers in the ears of God.   The only sinner's prayer God hears are those of repentance.   He does not listen to prayers of the sinner!  Read the Bible.

Mankind is NOT the judge and jury of satan - God is.  Read the Bible, especially the last book.   It is God who sentences satan to the Lake of Fire, not a human jury.

Your statement about divine justice is convoluted and confused.   On one hand you state that God is just and on the other hand you state that God abdicates the authority of judge and jury.  Which is it?  You cannot state God is just and then deny Him the ability to exercise justice.   Which is it?

You seem to give more credit for good to satan than to God.  Your view of God seems to consider Him as impotent and helpless - the Roman Catholic view, btw.  What religion do you claim?   Your words are not those of the Christian faith.   It would be helpful and illuminating to the discussion if you'd admit your source for your argument.

The story you claim to be fascinating is nowhere represented in the Bible.  Lucifer was not the greatest creation, only the most beautiful angel - who's hubris caused his own demise.  That is hardly a character to be emulated or admired.

You end by subverting the justice and authority of God as well as His redemptive purposes for humanity.

What are you using as source material for these heretical arguments?  It certainly isn't the Bible.   What are you reading?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Pffft

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, BeauJangles said:

hoo-boy :unsure::wacko::blink: I guess!

I've wondered if all or certain animals can see the spiritual realm? (i.e. Balaam's donkey)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've wondered if all or certain animals can see the spiritual realm? (i.e. Balaam's donkey)

That's a very interesting question, Dennis. It almost seems that domesticated animals, especially those who have the closest relationships with humans, seem to have a more intuitive sense as it were. And pets with reasoning capabilities, have ways of communicating outside of their basic instinctive needs.

Most owners with affectionate bonds to our common furry friends feel this way. Whether that goes beyond into a deeper realm of spirituality, would be another issue of uncertainty. I think in some way, creatures with measurable intelligence have some kind of knowledge of their Creator. Perhaps a little bit, maybe?

Romans 8:22 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Romans 8:22 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

More interesting questions to ponder...

My understanding is; that when sin entered the world, it affected the 'whole universe', not just the earth? Therefore sin and its effects are not confined to just man and the earth, but all of nature and cosmos universally? Perhaps that's the reason for the following verse. 

2 Peter 3:7 (KJV) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.