• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom everyone,

What do you think of this article?  It's interesting ...

https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/26/dont-despair-that-americas-churches-are-dying/

God bless,

George

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

That's very interesting. Proving that the real followers of Jesus will endure to the end. And our number is growing!

Praise God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

In the article he says that it's the liberal churches that are declining.   But other churches worldwide and even in the U.S. are doing well.   Good news.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

If The World Can Structure Your Church Then Jesus Is Not The Builder.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

ah but what kind of church

upbeat style calls to mind a well-caffeinated conference speaker charging through a morning presentation.

is it a seminar or is it  preaching?  i left a church that was more into seminars that were based frequently on secular books

Edited by existential mabel
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

It is an interesting article. He seems to be painting a rosy picture of our Churches today. Many on Worthy have posted that our Churches are dying. There are many Churches out there that are not preaching the literal true word of God. You have your charismatic movement and emergent Church movement which are quite popular. I would like to know just how many true Bible teaching Churches are still around rather than rely on this man's article. One Church I attended I loved the senior Pastor's sermon. I would only go for that but the fellowship was off. I was not impressed with that at all. I attended a Lutheran Church for 25 years. I finally realized I was not growing as a Christian at all in the Lutheran Church. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

The article is only about numbers.  Even the Catholic church can boast in numbers....they have millions of members and we know that church is full of idolatry, false doctrine, homosexuality and pedophilia.  So numbers have nothing to do with the actual spiritual health of the church.  We are in the falling away sadly, regardless of the numbers.  Falling away has to do with falling away from sound doctrine.  Jesus warned us regarding the last days about those who would come in His name.  In HIS name.  Jesus also said the broad way leads to destruction and many are on it, but narrow is the way that leads to life and few are on it.   So the numbers are completely irrelevant to the spiritual condition of the church.  God is not impressed by numbers.

Apostate churches don't really care about anything but numbers, they don't care about who is in their pews, as long as they have people following them who mouth the party line and don't cause them too much trouble.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

so is it quantity superseeds Quality?

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

My question for anyone is this:

If the overwhelming majority of these church members did all the things "necessary" like "accepting Christ", why is there no difference between the way the church behaves and the world? Why are most of these Church attendees basically Biblically illiterate? Did they not do everything "required" for salvation?

Yes, I'm sure many were never really saved, and perhaps some ministers didn't really care too much as long as they grew their numbers...and that had an effect of diluting the church.  There are lots of other factors as well.....one thing the Lord just showed me is a spirit of control and mind control (aka witchcraft)  that exists in churches..it keeps the people from having eyes to see and ears to hear and  they cant' grow spiritually when they are "under the thumb" of fleshly leadership like that.   I don't know if that is just a recent phenomena in churches and/ or if it is God's judgment on His house in these last days....the priests bear rule by their means and the people love to have it so......not sure exactly how to think of it right now, I'm still kind of in shock and trying to digest that.   All I know is, these are such sad days for the western church and I can hardly believe my eyes sometimes.