Worship Warriors

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,218
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

Mark 13:32 ‘But of that day and that hour knows no man, no not even the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son but the Father”

The bible is a Jewish book, written by Jewish writers within a Jewish culture. This was a Jewish saying. Jesus is referring to a specific Jewish festival –the feast of trumpets. All other Jewish festival fall on the full moon except one-the feast of trumpets starts on the 1st day of the new moon. Before the priest would announce the feast, he would send two witnesses to look out for the new moon. If they have not sighted the new moon they would come back and say “but of that day or hour no one knows”

In the book of Daniel and Revelation where we are given the exact timing of his return. Jesus was familiar with the book of Daniel. He quoted from it in his Olivet discourse. From the time the man of sin appears in the temple, there will be 1260 days.

His disciples understood what Jesus meant. Jesus was in fact telling them that he is returning on the feast of trumpets.

The blowing of trumpets in Joshua is connected with the blowing of trumpets in Revelation 11:15. When the 7th angel sounds the 7th trumpets, there were great voices in heaven saying, the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ and He shall reign for ever and ever.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

Edited by Worship Warriors

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

That makes a certain amount of sense. Here is another viewpoint as well:

https://jewsforjesus.org/publications/newsletter/newsletter-sep-2000/the-feast-of-trumpets/

I think it is worthwhile for any Christian to become familiar with all the feasts, frankly. It is yet another window from which to interpret all new testament scripture.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,622
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see the justification for interpreting prophecy through Jewish traditions when our Father in heaven has opposed such tradition. Paul opposed the traditions of men. Exegesis of this ilk is specious.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Correct me if you disagree, but I've always taken: Mark 13:32 (KJV) But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. To mean when Jesus is coming in the clouds at the Harpazo for His bride. 

I agree; that those whom enter the tribulation and witness the Antichrist confirming the seven year peace agreement with the many, starts the countdown. There will be plenty of people left behind that knows biblical prophecy; along with plenty of Bibles, books and DVD'S on the subject many will investigate. 1,260 days to the day, the AC will enter the Temple and declare himself god, another 1,260 days the Lord will return to Earth at His second coming. 

We are told exactly when Jesus' 2nd coming will be; so Mark 13:32 has to be talking about the 'catching away of the Saints'. 

As far as traditions: A little study on the traditions of the Jewish betrothal and weddings during Jesus' ministry on earth; exactly mirrors scriptures process of timing and events of the Rapture of the Church. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

I don't see the justification for interpreting prophecy through Jewish traditions when our Father in heaven has opposed such tradition. Paul opposed the traditions of men. Exegesis of this ilk is specious.

Who started the process of marriage.

In Christ

Montana Marv

5 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Who started the process of marriage.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Try as I might I cannot find a marriage or wedding ceremony in the bible. I see a feast or a supper. I see invitations to the supper. I see people on watch for the groom to appear. I see people at the wedding feast, but no formal ceremony of marriage except for a blessing of the father in law and/or the Father. I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

The OP stated the Jewish tradition surrounding the day of trumps in Leviticus is analogous to the coming of Jesus. I find the reasoning specious.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

The Last Trump is a "SHADOW" by Paul. The Feast of Trumpets always ends the Harvest {Church Age}. Jesus fulfilled the Spring Feasts in his death and resurrection. After the Last Trump ends the Church Age we have two Feasts left.....the Feast of Atonement and the Feast of Tabernacle. To atone is evident, to tabernacle with God means to Dwell with God. Why are these two important ? Well after the Rapture and during the 70th Week Daniel 9:24-27 tells us Israel MUST ATONE before this Prophecy can end AND we know Jesus then resides in Jerusalem for 1000 years or DWELLS with the Jews on earth.

Its pretty basic stuff tbh. Or it should be once people hear it, some people just can't receive things that conflict with their old understandings. 

Good OP....I think I have read that article somewhere in the last year, or something similar.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Diaste said:

Try as I might I cannot find a marriage or wedding ceremony in the bible. I see a feast or a supper. I see invitations to the supper. I see people on watch for the groom to appear. I see people at the wedding feast, but no formal ceremony of marriage except for a blessing of the father in law and/or the Father. I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

The OP stated the Jewish tradition surrounding the day of trumps in Leviticus is analogous to the coming of Jesus. I find the reasoning specious.

The traditional Jewish wedding in the time of Christ is a mirror image, custom and picture of the Rapture as partially explained below. 

The Mishnah Kiddushin (the section of the Talmud dealing with “dedication” or betrothal) specifies that a bride is acquired by a groom in one of three ways; one involves the groom leaving his father’s home and traveling to the bride’s home to “purchase” her for a price. The groom gives a token or a dowry, and its value must be known to the bride. In all cases, the wife can only be acquired with her consent. The marriage contract, or ketubah, is then established, and from that moment on the bride is sanctified, or set apart, exclusively for her bridegroom. It is customary for the groom and bride to drink from a cup of wine over which a betrothal benediction has been said.

This prenuptial process can be seen as symbolic of Christ’s work on our behalf. Jesus left the home of His Father (heaven) and traveled to the home of His prospective Bride (earth) to purchase her for a price; that is, His own blood (1 Corinthians 7:23). His Bride has joyously consented to the match. He has given her a priceless token, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:6–16). With the establishing of the ketubah(the New Covenant), Jesus’ Bride was sanctified for Him (1 Corinthians 6:11). The communion wine is symbolic of the covenant by which Christ obtained His Bride.

The Jewish groom would depart and go back to his fathers house and prepare a new home or room addition for his new bride. When the grooms father seen everything was complete, he would tell his son to go fetch his bride and bring her back with no announcement of his coming. The bride was expected to be watching and ready for his unexpected return to snatch her away (elope if you will). When they arrived back at the grooms fathers house; the marriage, celebration and feast would begin. 

Doesn't this fit perfectly with the description of scripture on the Rapture of Christ's bride?

Side note: Nowhere in this process is the bride slapped around or beat up, or subject to the groom or his fathers wrath. I believe this is another example of the bride of Christ not going into or through the 70th week of Daniel, the time of Jacob's trouble; the tribulation.

Edited by Dennis1209

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

The traditional Jewish wedding in the time of Christ is a mirror image, custom and picture of the Rapture as partially explained below. 

The Mishnah Kiddushin (the section of the Talmud dealing with “dedication” or betrothal) specifies that a bride is acquired by a groom in one of three ways; one involves the groom leaving his father’s home and traveling to the bride’s home to “purchase” her for a price. The groom gives a token or a dowry, and its value must be known to the bride. In all cases, the wife can only be acquired with her consent. The marriage contract, or ketubah, is then established, and from that moment on the bride is sanctified, or set apart, exclusively for her bridegroom. It is customary for the groom and bride to drink from a cup of wine over which a betrothal benediction has been said.

This prenuptial process can be seen as symbolic of Christ’s work on our behalf. Jesus left the home of His Father (heaven) and traveled to the home of His prospective Bride (earth) to purchase her for a price; that is, His own blood (1 Corinthians 7:23). His Bride has joyously consented to the match. He has given her a priceless token, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:6–16). With the establishing of the ketubah(the New Covenant), Jesus’ Bride was sanctified for Him (1 Corinthians 6:11). The communion wine is symbolic of the covenant by which Christ obtained His Bride.

The Jewish groom would depart and go back to his fathers house and prepare a new home or room addition for his new bride. When the grooms father seen everything was complete, he would tell his son to go fetch his bride and bring her back with no announcement of his coming. The bride was expected to be watching and ready for his unexpected return to snatch her away (elope if you will). When they arrived back at the grooms fathers house; the marriage, celebration and feast would begin. 

Doesn't this fit perfectly with the description of scripture on the Rapture of Christ's bride?

Side note: Nowhere in this process is the bride slapped around or beat up, or subject to the groom or his fathers wrath. I believe this is another example of the bride of Christ not going into or through the 70th week of Daniel, the time of Jacob's trouble; the tribulation.

Not disputing the Jewish tradition of betrothal.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

This is a non argument... Tell that to the millions who have been martyred for Christ and the Gospel around the World, they have faced great tribulation, we here in this country have it good, a little too good and think we are going to be exempt from tribulation. 

We are not just a virgin bride, But sons and fellow heirs with Christ provided we suffer for Him that we may also be glorified with Him. The Lack of suffering is a sign of Apostacy and compromise, and we would all do well to examine ourselves regarding this in our lives.

The mark of the beast is not persecution, but rather a seduction, which promises normalcy and many people in the church will be all too willing to take it to maintain their normalcy in life. Yes there is persecution for rejecting this mark, But how many especially here in the U.S. will compromise and take this mark so that they can avoid suffering? 

• Thumbs Up 1