• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

2 John 1:1-13

2 John English Standard Version (ESV) Greeting. 1 The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all who know the truth, 2 because of the truth that abides in us and will be with us forever: 3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love.

Salutation 1-3,Walk In Truth 4 , Walk In Love 5-6, Abide Not with False Teachers: 7-13, Doctrine Of False Teachers 7-9, Avoid False Teachers 10-11, Benediction 12-13

2 John 1 - NKJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Ah yes. The new seminarians are quite ignorant of Torah and the Commandments. They belabor freedom as the writer of Hebrews said many times. However, Hebrews was an exhortation to shake off the trappings of the temple sacrificial system and was mainly aimed at Israelis that still clung to the old ways.

Today we apply this to ourselves but without the old Judaic habits so are left in the dark about much of what is said. Because it seems there is a major disconnect in our assemblies, the believer is left in a kind of dangerous vacuum regarding the Commandments.

The RCC and earlier pagan melding of the Gospel with papist dogma has further confused Christians. If they seek to follow Torah they are despised and labelled anti-Christ. If they seek the 'freedom' from the sacrificial ordinances, they are labelled 'greasy grace' followers.

The mind of God can be seen in Torah. The mind of Christ adds to this in many ways augmenting the ideas expressed in the Tanach (and Torah), but NOT deleting them. Yeshua said that the Law will not pass until heaven and earth pass away.

Last time I looked, the moon and sun were still evident along with the ground under my feet.

Because of the general confusion, people have sought refuge in one doctrine or another to feel safe. No one seems to know what to do and what commandments to follow. Preachers seem to want to please all of the people all of the time and thus nobody really knows what to follow anymore.

Most people need validation so they search out the place of worship that makes them feel safe and secure.

So really the 'false teachers' are a) not sure what they are doing and b) think it is OK as long as the pews are not empty. It is a miasma of conflicting thought processes and many so-called false teachers just do not know any better.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

What we happen to call Sunday in English is a day that the Lord has made so let us rejoice in it (has no bearing on the follower of Christ what the heathen happened to make of that day or any day...when every day is made by the Lord)……I believe there is a very important significance to the "eighth day" in scripture, and would like to encourage seventh day Sabbath keepers or any other students of the bible to find out what it is.

I love the way scripture often puts things in an understated way….for one reason so that we do not make an idol out of things.  Our all wise God who knows us so well, amen.  The word profitable helps to keep us in the spirit about the scriptures, since we are to serve in the new way of the spirit.

2Ti 3:15-17

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures (Torah and Tanach), which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All scripture (including Torah and Tanach) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Posting these as good reminders, and good to read these prayerfully, as with all scripture:

2Co 3:5-11

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,

who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,

how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.

For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.

For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Rom 7:4-7

So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

For when we were in the realm of the flesh,  the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

Col 2:11-17

In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Betha said:

I am happy to see that some people still recognise the NEED for GOD's Commandments to guide us ! They are NOT nailed to the cross and obsolete ...as false teachers preach ! Doing so will 'encourage SIN.....which our own fallen nature does not recognise ...unless we have it spelled out to us. And sadly even then People ignore and reject what GOD says and wants !!!

ERROR is so deep it can not be seen by human eyes or the human mind, human spirit.....so until that is corrected the natural carnal man CAN NOT understand God 1Cor 2 v11-14. 

To receive the 'comprehending power of God's Holy Spirit a person must truly repent and turn from wrong ways when God shows it to them....not just claim it and walk on the same old way which seems to happen with most people. Sure they believe what scripture says but fail to 'become DOERS of the Word Lk 6v46....which is from the BEGINNING ! NT Christians tend to start with a resurrected jesus presented to them by a PAGAN CHURCH,the RCC....treating them 'as Lambs for the slaughter.

IF people were to believe GOD they would see we are to keep INTACT HIS Commandments, including the Holy Sabbath as HE commands....there is nothing holy about sunday as a regular worship day. We need to go back ....repent and start from the true foundation.

As long as people TRANSGRESS GOD's Law they are IN SIN. 1Joh 3v4.  

Ponder the beauty as I rewrite one line for you .

IF people were to believe GOD .       that line .

IF people truly are born again then the new convenant would be on our hearts .   The thing is most don't know or understand what the new covenant truly is .

So here is a reminder .

In those days I will write my laws in their minds and on their hearts , I shall walk IN THEM , dwell in them ,  they shall be my people and I shall be their GOD .

IF the SPIRIT of GOD who made the law dwells in us ,   THEN WHY WOULD IT MAKE VOID , TRANSGRESS what IT ALONE INSPIRED .

DO we then make void the law through grace ,  GOD FORBID , yea we ESTABLISH the law .     The LOVE that comes fROM GOD ,   does not transgress the word of GOD .

It fulfills the righteousness OF THE LAW .     As paul said .     

So its best we understand what making void the law really means .     How many times have we heard some say ,   oH I am free of the law

and use that to justify their evil .   An example .    We tell one that man with man is an abomination .   THEY say , HEY that no longer applies to us

THEY JUST MADE VOID THE LAW,   which if they knew JESUS WOULD BE ON THEIR HEART .    While we KNOW we are only found JUSTIFIED IN CHRIST

we also must remember ,    BUT IF WHILE we SEEK to be JUSTIFED IN CHRIST we are found sinners ,  IS CHRIST therefore the minister of SIN

GOD FORBID ,  for if we build again the things which once we destroyed ,  THEN FOLKS WE MAKE OUR SELVES TRANSGRESSORS .     And nothing we say or do , CAN CHANGE

this .    GOD will never be the minisitir of lawness nor did the SON come so we could continue to walk in lawlessness and yet feel saved .     HE came to set folks free .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Betha said:

The problem is that people do not know the difference between TRUE and FALSE teachers ! they trust ANYONE who calls themselves by the name of JESUS.  

They seem to forget the words of the TRUE JESUS who 'warned of many false ones coming in HIS NAME' and thereby deceive many !!! Mat 24.

And truly 'Christians' have been deeply 'sucked into error' by these men whose aim is to 'deceive. ...and destroy the people of God (in a very nice and pretentious way, of course)

And now I have this question for all to ponder .   Why is it many would rather sit and heed false men .

I leave us with JESUS own WORD .     MY SHEEP hear MY VOICE and they FOLLOW ME ,  they WILL NOT HEED the voice of strangers , they FLEE the voice of any stranger .

A stranger is one who speaks contrary TO GOD .    Lambs got no taste for the dung piles of men and their doctrines .     THEY LOVE and have taste ONLY FOR TRUTH .

They love and embrace ALL The sayings of our LORD and cherry pick no scriptures , THEY FEED ON ALL OF IT as though its HONEY to the soul .

Folks I leave us with a wonderful word of encouragement ,   EXAMINE to be sure ITS JESUS we truly follow obey and trust , and not rather strangers who just CLAIM

and preach another JESUS .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I am free from the law of sin and death  .    Means those who are in CHRIST are no longer under the curse .   JESUS became that FOR US .

IT does not , however , mean we are FREE TO TRANSGRESS the law .     Folks we need to both know and understand this .

Because I promise , JESUS is not the minister of sin and lawlessness .     That title is taken by another , and BELEIVE YOU ME ,  WE DONT WANT to follow THAT one .

I done followed that one for many years  BUT THEN GRACE APPEARED and FREED ME from that ones power and Gave me all I need to worship GOD in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH .

Folks we better all , all of us only increase our bible reading time .    The scriptures sure do make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ .

But many men , STRANGERS ,  can twist stuff they only make men wise unto SIN , SLAVATION through faith in men .    We better examine all things , prove all things

and hold ONLY to that which is GOOD .  LEARN JESUS and learn HIM WELL .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praying! 1

4 minutes ago, Betha said:

I have read your post endeavouring to correct....but your disagreement is really with God. True the Lord made 'every day' but only ONE Holy day....not sunday or any other day. When people have not learnt that lesson yet or found it worthy to obey WHY would God advance them further in the Truth ? 

But she is not saying the Sabbath is SUNDAY .    She is just saying what paul did .    If those are but a shadow of things to come and the substance truly IS CHRIST ,

then ENTER YE INTO CHRIST and ye shall FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS .         Ponder that one .   REST FOR YOUR SOULS .     REMEMBER the Sabbath day was a day OF rest .

Wonder what the author of Hebrews , WAS REALLY SAYING .   ENTER YE INTO JESUS and find REST for your souls .    FOR as HE SAID , my burden is easy and my YOKE is light and ye shall find rest .    All who are troubled and wearied in SPIRIT ,   ENTER YE INTO THE LORD and ye shall FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS .   You shall LOVE EVERY WORD of GOD .

Betha ,   let us not condemn for meats drinks and days ,   If anything you sure can say the fri evening to sat evening IS the real Sabbath day the jews kept .

Make sure to say its not sunday .   But whatever day or days a church meets on ,  IT DONT CONDEMN them .     have peace bertha and you honor the Sabbath

as your conscious tells you to do .    Let each be fully persuaded in their own mind .    And NO JESUS means no rest .   ENTER INTO CHRIST and ye shall find rest for your souls .

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

DO NOT READ THIS...:th_frusty:

Ahh. Something Frienduff said sparked my mind to think on.

If God is going to write His Law on our hearts and souls, then the question is, did He Abolish it as He did this.

(Now that sounds really dumb!)

This might catch you out. Salvation came from Yeshua so that our path to the Holy of Holies is now open to us. No more animals and blood stuff required. God did it all. No more rituals and slaughter needed. Did this surprise the Lord High God? NO. He designed it this way all along. It is ALL His doing.

However, this really is a big question for us. While God did away with the necessity for constant cleansing and all those repetitive things that the Israelis had to do, did He violate His own Law?? Yeshua said NO. It is still here with us and it will be written on the tablets of our very hearts.

OOPS. So which of His Laws did He delete?? Seem when I hear some speak, they talk of doing away with the Law. But God does NOT say that. He just transfers it to our hearts in a spiritual way. Thus the Law is still valid says God.

So now it is OUR CHOICE if we want to 'modify' or delete parts of this Law.

I really do NOT want to go there!!!

Edited by Justin Adams
added
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Ponder the beauty as I rewrite one line for you .

IF people were to believe GOD .       that line .

IF people truly are born again then the new convenant would be on our hearts .   The thing is most don't know or understand what the new covenant truly is .

So here is a reminder .

In those days I will write my laws in their minds and on their hearts , I shall walk IN THEM , dwell in them ,  they shall be my people and I shall be their GOD .

IF the SPIRIT of GOD who made the law dwells in us ,   THEN WHY WOULD IT MAKE VOID , TRANSGRESS what IT ALONE INSPIRED .

DO we then make void the law through grace ,  GOD FORBID , yea we ESTABLISH the law .     The LOVE that comes fROM GOD ,   does not transgress the word of GOD .

It fulfills the righteousness OF THE LAW .     As paul said .     

So its best we understand what making void the law really means .     How many times have we heard some say ,   oH I am free of the law

and use that to justify their evil .   An example .    We tell one that man with man is an abomination .   THEY say , HEY that no longer applies to us

THEY JUST MADE VOID THE LAW,   which if they knew JESUS WOULD BE ON THEIR HEART .    While we KNOW we are only found JUSTIFIED IN CHRIST

we also must remember ,    BUT IF WHILE we SEEK to be JUSTIFED IN CHRIST we are found sinners ,  IS CHRIST therefore the minister of SIN

GOD FORBID ,  for if we build again the things which once we destroyed ,  THEN FOLKS WE MAKE OUR SELVES TRANSGRESSORS .     And nothing we say or do , CAN CHANGE

this .    GOD will never be the minisitir of lawness nor did the SON come so we could continue to walk in lawlessness and yet feel saved .     HE came to set folks free .

Amen brother....I would just mention also that thankfully we are no longer under the curse of the law which is death, since, if we sin we now have an Advocate with the Father.  

1Jo 2:1-3

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.  (this just means for the nations and Israel only)

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Gal 3:10-13

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1