Dating

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

There are many Christians that are dating. Now according to the bible there is not a scripture that says don't date. Now my question is as a Christian if a non Christian has a crush on you and asks you out what would your answer be?

Edited by Keny

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I wouldn't take the lack of dating scriptures to mean much. Dating as we think of it today is a relatively modern notion that sprang up long after the Bible was written. Prior to that marriages were handled by the parents. Bear in mind that modern dating is typically a form of courtship. The Bible is very clear about qualities to watch for and avoid in other people and in a marriage partner so the answer should really be no.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,815
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, Keny said:

There are many Christians that are dating. Now according to the bible there is not a scripture that says don't date. Now my question is as a Christian if a non Christian has a crush on you and asks you out what would your answer be?

You want to say that you only want to get involved with another Christian.  So say that.  It's best to tell the truth - in a brief way.  People feel rejected and hurt no matter how the "turn down" goes, so in my mind the truth is best.  The brief truth said in a kind way.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

24 minutes ago, Keny said:

It is up to you.

If you like him go on a date, if you still like him after that continue to date, but two points.

You have to let him know you are a Christian and that you attend church on Sunday. If he wants the relationship to continue beyound two or three 'dates' he will attend church with you.

2nd. Let him know that sex is only an option once you are married.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Keny said:

I would be honest. I would tell that person that I am a born again Christian and my faith does not allow me to date a person who is not a Christian. Going out with a nonbeliever is a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

My response at the moment would be "I'm sorry, but i'm not at a place in my life where women really need to be on my mind at all. I thank you for asking, however, i'm very flattered".

If I was better off, though? I would first say that I would only consider dating a friend, and offer for us to become friends first. This would scare off women who aren't looking for anything serious, for the most part. Then, once we were on friendly terms, I would inform her that as a Christian, I am restricted to Christian women, explaining that a person should not be unequally yoked. If she is an unbeliever, that would likely scare her off. If she wants to become a believer, then take it slow. Perhaps introduce her to your church whilst you're becoming friends, so she can have a bit more understanding by the time the topic arises again.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What if you did not get a chance to talk to them and instead decided to ignore them

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Back when I was dating I probably would have dated the unbeliever even though I knew it was risky. However, today I have the spiritual maturity to say no. We live and learn with dating and everything else.

The bottom line is that dating a non believer is a recipe for disaster. You may get to have great fun but eventually you'll go crash & burn.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, Keny said:

You'd be better off with a Christian, I think. Can you keep your hands off each other (which can be a problem between Christians, as well)?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/26/2019 at 8:28 AM, Keny said:

It's best not to date a non-believer as that can lead to temptation.   Dating should be at a time in your life when a person is more mature and leaning towards the possibility of getting married.   When somewhat younger, group dating with church friends is ok.