• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  509
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  1,277
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1989

What is Baptism in the Spirit and When does it Happen?

what is the fade of people who die without being baptize by water?

who has the authority to baptize?

what about children?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Hello! There are a lot of different opinions within the body of Christ regarding the things you're asking about. Sometimes they're actually major points that distinguish one denomination from another. You could get some very different answers from people about them.

Regarding water baptism, my take there is that it's a public demonstration of our choice to follow Christ. My belief is that it isn't required for salvation. Since I see it as a demonstration of a choice we've made then the person being baptized should be aware of what that choice means. Typically it's a pastor who performs the baptism but, at least in my opinion, it doesn't have to be. A spiritually mature Christian should be able to baptize another.

Baptism in the Spirit as seen in the New Testament strikes me as a sort of spiritual empowerment. It's spoken of as something to come in the Gospels, then in Acts 2 it happens, and then it's referenced again at other places in the New Testament. One of the physical manifestations of this was that those filled with the Holy Spirit began speaking in other languages. It's often a more personal and varied experience than a water baptism. We can certainly choose when we're baptized through water. Baptism in the Holy Spirit can be something people seek privately or amongst other believers. Sometimes it comes quickly, sometimes it takes a long time of a person seeking it. All I can say there is that it comes on God's time, not ours.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, plavious said:

This happens as either a result of a Spirit-filled believer praying for you with the laying of hands or seeking Yahweh for it earnestly, passionately and without rest.

21 hours ago, plavious said:

It seems that the thief dying on the cross next to the Lord Jesus was promised paradise without being baptised.  That said, the thief didn't exactly have the opportunity to do so!  Therefore, if you can and are able, I would advise to do it.

In my opinion, any true believer who knows what they are doing and the importance of it.  I don't think it needs to be done by anyone in an office of the church. Such positions are created by tradition only - not because of favouritism by Yahweh.

what about children?

If you mean infant baptism, I don't believe it counts.  The person needs to be of an age to understand baptism and why they are being baptised.  By baptising a baby, you are neither confirming their fate, saving them from the life of a non-believer or getting them a head start.  You're simple washing it's head with a lot of pomposity and ritual.  As to whether there is any danger from doing so, that's another debate.  I certainly wouldn't do it though.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

20 hours ago, plavious said:

what about children?

Baptism of the spirit is understood in two ways.

Some say it is the Spirit changing an unbeliever so he can become a Christian, while others say it is a specail filling/gift of the holy spirit that gives charismatic gifts.

What ever you believe the important thing is that you are a Christian seeking to serve Jesus.

Water baptism is a public witness that one is a Christian. It is not magical nor is it special or as our minister used to say at baptisms, 'I'd use a pump to soak you all!'

What happens to Christians who aren't baptised/ Nothing, it is a public witness.

Any Christian has the authority to baptise, we are all Children of God, co-heirs with Christ, a royal priesthood.

What about Children?  A child covers the unborn all the way up to legally an adualt ! !

As God told Abraham, 'Shall not the judge of the whole earth do that which is right.'

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

what about children?

I think baptism of the spirit is what we experience when the Lord "goes to work" on us. I think baptism of water symbolizes the baptism of spirit which lies ahead of us. I doubt if failing to have a baptism by water affects whether we go to heaven or hell, but I would probably get baptized anyway, if I hadn't already. I think it is best to be baptized by an ordained minister - I have my doubts if anyone else has the authority to do that.

As for children - that brings up a huge debate. Some of those who believe you can't enter heaven without a water baptism want to have their infants  baptised, naturally. However, others believe it is wrong to baptise anyone until they make that decision for themselves.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

baptism of the spirit is when the power of God comes upon u.

the fate of people who do not get baptized, well baptism is a declaration of faith, u are no worse off if u do not get baptised  and no better if u do, it is if u believe Jesus is Lord is what counts

who has the authority,  well ministers or elders usually baptise in the church but any christian of maturity could arguably do it.

with children when a parent has a child baptised he is dedicating that child to the lord which i think is a good thing.  in acts whole families where baptised  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

As I said, baptism is an act of obedience and God always blesses us when we obey Him.  It often builds people's faith that they have been forgiven and are a new person in Christ when they are buried with Him in baptism.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/26/2019 at 9:18 AM, plavious said:

what about children?

Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. 

Baptism is not a salvation issue. If a person dies without being Baptized they will not go to hell if they are a  born again believer.

A born again believer can baptize in the name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Children do not need to be baptized until the age of accountability. Although children can be prayed over by a Pastor. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/27/2019 at 6:23 AM, Tzephanyahu said:

If you mean infant baptism, I don't believe it counts.  The person needs to be of an age to understand baptism and why they are being baptised.  By baptising a baby, you are neither confirming their fate, saving them from the life of a non-believer or getting them a head start.  You're simple washing it's head with a lot of pomposity and ritual.  As to whether there is any danger from doing so, that's another debate.  I certainly wouldn't do it though.

Great intuitive comment here, @Tzephanyahu. 

On 7/27/2019 at 6:25 AM, Who me said:

What about Children?  A child covers the unborn all the way up to legally an adualt ! !

Er, not quite, @Who me. See answer below. 

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Children do not need to be baptized until the age of accountability. Although children can be prayed over by a Pastor. 

Best overall answer to the question. And way to go, @missmuffet!!! :P

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Great intuitive comment here, @Tzephanyahu. 

Er, not quite, @Who me. See answer below. 

Best overall answer to the question. And way to go, @missmuffet!!! :P

What did I win? stock-photo-funny-smiling-skeleton-sitting-in-room-behind-the-desktop-computer-223799008.jpg.fcd689d8bd5ce4d3ed204fc5b739c7c8.jpg

• Haha 1