• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

01-perseverence---free.jpg.a454cdcc561222405269735a5cf7ab84.jpg

I like the above picture : when you are under great trials, this is what perseverance is like. You are climbing uphill against all the currents that are trying to stop your progress every inch of the way.

It’s going to require: wholeheartedness, devotedness, focused attention diligence, persistence, and tenacity. You have to set your face as a flint to climb this mountain. It is this kind of determination that will take you through every attack of the enemy as he tries to stop your progress in reaching the mountain top.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Progress reaching the mountain top?

Gee I didn't find any such thing,least not to date.  Of course, God started me on the Book of Job, which seemed to me to be a very familiar to me life, perhaps in a way comparably familiar to my own. From there on,  though very hard, life has indeed  truly been a "ball", but not been not one pushing back down against me at all. 

Love lifted me, Love lifted me. I have not had to do the pushing up any hill. I was just up and lifted. The Holy Spirit revealed the redeemer, my Lord Jesus to me, and  I have been been on top of a plateau where the view is just fine ever since then, having been broken of my rebellion against God and denial of jesus as my Lord.

As the secular song states I can see clearly now....  And as is stated of/by Job; (paraphrasing) do we not give thanks to God in the bad things as well as the good?

Praise God for all things do work together for good for those that  believe of Jesus as Lord god and personal savior; understanding coming by the Holy Spirit's reveal of Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Perseverance when things are rough is how we grow. There has to be trials. We just hope there aren't too many too soon in a believer's life.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

5 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

I like the above picture : when you are under great trials, this is what perseverance is like. You are climbing uphill against all the currents that are trying to stop your progress every inch of the way.

It’s going to require: wholeheartedness, devotedness, focused attention diligence, persistence, and tenacity. You have to set your face as a flint to climb this mountain. It is this kind of determination that will take you through every attack of the enemy as he tries to stop your progress in reaching the mountain top.

Friend, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but from your photo you appear to be too young to know the signification, ...that is a modern day interpretation of the psychedelic poster from the 60's that depicts the condemnation of Sisyphus, of Greek mythology, for his sin by having to push a giant stone up a hill only to have it roll back down again, ...what that poster was saying, in the drug culture of that day,  is what it's like being strung out on heroin and unable to quit.

May I humbly suggest you read, mediate and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the wisdom in Neighbor's post, ...what he has said is true in many of the lives of God's children, ...mine included, ...most of us here thought the same way as you do and Father let us beat our heads on a stone wall until we were so tired of failing in our own efforts we gave up in frustration, ...it's said we learn from our mistakes, ...but it's so much easier and less painful to learn from someone else's mistakes, ....please, be encouraged, what we have found you can to, ...Father is no respecter of persons, ...He loves you just as much as Neighbor and me.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

We persevere under trials because we give those trials to God. We have faith and trust that He will get us through those trials. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Knowing Jesus Everyday

1 Corinthians 10:13  (KJV)

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it

Matthew 24:13  (KJV)

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

17 Bible Verses about Overcoming

NIVKJVESV
Compare

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. For with God nothing shall be impossible. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. Save now, I beseech thee,
O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

29 Bible Verses about Enduring

Ezekiel 22:14

"Can your heart endure, or can your hands be strong in the days that I will deal with you? I, the LORD, have spoken and will act.

Malachi 3:2

"But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap.

1 Corinthians 13:7

bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Colossians 1:11

strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously

Revelation 2:3

and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary.

Matthew 10:22

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

Matthew 24:13

"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Mark 13:13

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Luke 21:19

"By your endurance you will gain your lives.

Joel 2:11

The LORD utters His voice before His army; Surely His camp is very great, For strong is he who carries out His word The day of the LORD is indeed great and very awesome, And who can endure it?

Romans 15:4

For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

2 Timothy 4:5

But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Hebrews 10:36

For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.

James 1:4

And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

1 Peter 2:19

For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly.

James 1:12

Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

James 5:11

We count those blessed who endured You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.

2 Timothy 2:12

If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us;

1 Corinthians 9:12

If others share the right over you, do we not more? Nevertheless, we did not use this right, but we endure all things so that we will cause no hindrance to the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 6:4

but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses,

1 Corinthians 4:12

and we toil, working with our own hands; when we are reviled, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure;

Hebrews 12:7

It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

2 Timothy 2:10

For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

Hebrews 11:27

By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen.

Jeremiah 10:19

Woe is me, because of my injury! My wound is incurable But I said, "Truly this is a sickness, And I must bear it."

James 1:3

knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Matthew 13:21

yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.

Note:  I post these bible versus, because t has been put to my attention that some readers here do not own a bible to readily refer to.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

What trial have u ?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

..that is a modern day interpretation of the psychedelic poster from the 60's that depicts the condemnation of Sisyphus, of Greek mythology,

The jpg may be from some Greek mythology.  But there is a difference between Christianity and Greek mythology. We have been called to ascend the hill of the Lord,(Who shall ascend the mountain of Lord  and who will stand in his holy mountain?).  I  don't intend sliding backward down because GREATER is He who is in me than he that is in the world. 

The devil is always copying from what God has for us and perverting it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

"The road is long, and there's many a winding turn..."

Well expressed. We are our brother's keepers and we do well to remember this. God is the God of everything - yes, even quotes and pictures from non-believers. This is because God sees ALL of us as His children.

He has lost some, but that does not stop Him from trying to constantly remind us of His Enduring Love for us all.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, Worship Warriors said:

Yes indeed, all those who WILL live Godly SHALL  suffer persecution, as it is written in the word.  There are many troubles that satan the arch deceiver and abuser comes to trouble the saints and they come in various ways, some seen and some invisible to others.  We are to run the race with diligence and perseverance and all the above you mention, keeping our lamps lit.    Nice post and the pic depicts in a simple way that the believer life here is to stand firm on the word against all the odds.

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Edited by warrior12
  • This is Worthy 1