• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/28/2019 at 1:58 AM, Worship Warriors said:

The jpg may be from some Greek mythology.  But there is a difference between Christianity and Greek mythology. We have been called to ascend the hill of the Lord,(Who shall ascend the mountain of Lord  and who will stand in his holy mountain?).  I  don't intend sliding backward down because GREATER is He who is in me than he that is in the world. 

The devil is always copying from what God has for us and perverting it. 

Please have patience with me, I'm a little confused with the verse you have quoted:

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in His Holy place?  Psa 24:3

David is asking a question, then he gives us the answer:

He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.  Psa 24:4, 5

I appreciate your zeal and exuberance and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but let's make it perfectly clear, ...surely you are not saying you will ascend the mountain of the Lord to stand in His Holy place by your own works of righteousness? 

Beloved, I'm asking this not to attack or condemn you, ...however, please be aware, here at Worthy the enemy has sent his agents to corrupt the simple understanding of the Gospel message and we need to make certain what we post doesn't confuse, cause doubt, or stumble the weak in the faith, the debutantes, the untaught and the lurkers who have come here looking for answers to their questions, ...but are too shy and timid to post, please use some discernment and you will start to notice the same names keep appearing to criticize and condemn, without any manifestation of brotherly love and never are they able to correctly exegete the Word, ...but remain unteachable, unable to see the Light .

May the Lord richly bless you today sis...

Edited by JustPassingThru

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Your enemy is moving to attack you. What do you need? A formidable shield.

What is a shield? Faith.

Your enemy flanks you, and attempts to strike you from the side. What do you need? A suit of armor.

If you're wearing full plate, then the blow not blocked by your shield will either be deflected or will have minimal effect.

You parry your enemy, thus leaving him open. What do you need? A blade.

What is a blade? The word of God. For no enemy stands before it.

There is a reason why Paul writes of the armor of God. I would compare perserverance more with a warrior on the battlefield.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 7/27/2019 at 2:03 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Friend, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but from your photo you appear to be too young to know the signification, ...that is a modern day interpretation of the psychedelic poster from the 60's that depicts the condemnation of Sisyphus, of Greek mythology, for his sin by having to push a giant stone up a hill only to have it roll back down again, ...what that poster was saying, in the drug culture of that day,  is what it's like being strung out on heroin and unable to quit.

Interesting... I grew up in the 60's and I often went to buy posters but I don't recall seeing this one. I'm not saying JPT is wrong but I'm wondering where he lived, maybe this poster just never made it to NY. Looking back, the worst posters were psychedlic colored Tarot card posters that were 2'x3'. I actually bought a few but only because I liked that they glowed under the Black Lights. This became an issue 5 yrs later when 2 cousins took an interest in the occult, they thought I'd agree, but I didn't.

Having said that, I see nothing wrong with giving this image a Christian interpretation. It may have originally been made to make Heroin sound okay to use (which it is not), but a Godly meaning for today is fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

What if you lose everything ?

Job Loses Everything

13 Job’s sons and daughters were having a feast in the home of his oldest son, 14 when someone rushed up to Job and said, “While your servants were plowing with your oxen, and your donkeys were nearby eating grass, 15 a gang of Sabeans[a] attacked and stole the oxen and donkeys! Your other servants were killed, and I was the only one who escaped to tell you.”

16 That servant was still speaking, when a second one came running up and saying, “God sent down a fire that killed your sheep and your servants. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

17 Before that servant finished speaking, a third one raced up and said, “Three gangs of Chaldeans[b] attacked and stole your camels! All of your other servants were killed, and I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

18 That servant was still speaking, when a fourth one dashed up and said, “Your children were having a feast and drinking wine at the home of your oldest son, 19 when suddenly a windstorm from the desert blew the house down, crushing all of your children. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

20 When Job heard this, he tore his clothes and shaved his head because of his great sorrow. He knelt on the ground, then worshiped God 21 and said:

“We bring nothing at birth;
we take nothing
    with us at death.
The Lord alone gives and takes.
Praise the name of the Lord!”

22 In spite of everything, Job did not sin or accuse God of doing wrong.

ob heard this, he tore his clothes and shaved his head because of his great sorrow. He knelt on the ground, then worshiped God 21 and said:

“We bring nothing at birth;
we take nothing
    with us at death.
The Lord alone gives and takes.
Praise the name of the Lord!”

22 In spite of everything, Job did not sin or accuse God of doing wrong.

Edited by R. Hartono