IGNORED

Why do I feel like I am not seeking the kingdom of god first?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, Keny said:

Recently I have went through and still is going through emotional stress and anxiety problems. I feel like I am just too focused on my problems. So I read Matthew 6:24-33 and a verse caught my eye. It was verse 33 "but seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added on to you". After reading this verse I wondered, am I seeking the kingdom of God first? Then why am I experiencing these anxietys! So now I don't know wether to focus on solving my anxietys or seek first the kingdom of God or both? Any advice?

Are you trusting God for everything that is happening in your life or are you in control of everything that is happening in your life? Have you prayed and asked God to take the burdens in your life?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

For me, it's because I'm not believing the word of God and trusting in God's ability to fulfill His promises. I had to confront the question: do I see Jesus as a historical figure like George Washington, or do I believe, truly believe, He's my savior? When any issue arises, then I have to answer that question. So I quote the word of God and put that nagging thought out of my head.

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Isn't someone dying for me the ultimate event? Certainly. Then why would I be anxious for anything except that I don't believe the word of God. He died for us, would he not also freely give us ALL THINGS? What about this verse?

1 Corinthians 3:21-23
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; And ye are Christ's; and Christ [is] God's.

God isn't a genie, but when we are walking Jesus' path in faith and obedience to His word, then these promises apply. Jesus is my Savior from hell, and disease because the word SAVED in Greek is Sozo and means:

• to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
  • one (from injury or peril)
  • to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
  • to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.

Amen! So much of help! Thank you!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you trusting God for everything that is happening in your life or are you in control of everything that is happening in your life? Have you prayed and asked God to take the burdens in your life?

Yes I have realized that I cannot be in control over my life and I need to let it go. I have also prayed and now I am free of my burdens!

Thank you Missmuffet!

God bless

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Keny said:

Yes I have realized that I cannot be in control over my life and I need to let it go. I have also prayed and now I am free of my burdens!

Thank you Missmuffet!

God bless

It is a nice feeling of freedom when you can let go of all your worries and anxieties and give them to God. That does not mean we will never have some anxiety. But when we do we give it to God and ask Him to give us an inner peace. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/25/1979

I think one of the biggest things I've had to learn in my walk with God is to get to know Him, as my friend, who I can always trust.  He is perfect and always in control.  Being in relationship with God, basking in and acknowledging His presence, brings me peace and joy, even when times get difficult.  I cast my burdens to the cross often, and, believing, He takes them.  Then any worry or anxiety goes and my peace and joy is restored.  Praise and worship also helps with any unrest I may feel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, Keny said:

Recently I have went through and still is going through emotional stress and anxiety problems. I feel like I am just too focused on my problems. So I read Matthew 6:24-33 and a verse caught my eye. It was verse 33 "but seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added on to you". After reading this verse I wondered, am I seeking the kingdom of God first? Then why am I experiencing these anxietys! So now I don't know wether to focus on solving my anxietys or seek first the kingdom of God or both? Any advice?

Hey Keny, ...a verse catching your eye, or rather jumping off of the page into your face, is how God talks to us, we read in Hebrews:

For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Heb 4:12

Hebrews was written to Hebrew believers in the Church, that means it is for us saved Gentiles, just like the Old Testament contains spiritual knowledge and wisdom for us too, we have a saying, the New Testament is concealed in the Old and the Old is revealed in the New, ...just one example, the gift of teaching given by the Holy Spirit to the Church is found in Neh 8:8.

Let's look at what you have said, ...seek first the Kingdom of God, caught your eye, the only way you could see the Kingdom of God, was first you had to be born again:

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Which caused you to ask in you heart if you were seeking the Kingdom of God.

On 7/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, Keny said:

I wondered, am I seeking the kingdom of God first? Then why am I experiencing these anxietys!

So you saw the Kingdom of God and the King spoke to your heart, ...you made a decision.

14 hours ago, Keny said:

So I made the choice to start with God and it has been so much help. I saw great improvement in one day I spent with God. I felt at peace and rest.

and all these things shall be added unto you.  Matt 6"33b

So the proof that you are able to see the Kingdom of God and you experienced God giving you peace and rest is just one step in a lifetime of walking in faith with the Lord, ...be encouraged, ...the verse says, ALL these things, ...there's a lot more in that promise of Jesus to come.

Lord bless

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/28/2019 at 12:39 AM, Keny said:

Seeking the kingdom of God is following Jesus and doing what he says. Study gospel of John and you will know the insight into what Jesus means by believing and following him. To me that is the most powerful gospel.