• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

99 44/100%, it's curious you picked that exact percentage.

Putting 2 + 2 together, that's a strong clue you're a 'baby boomer' generation as I am :D I'll bet it floats too...

Oh yeah, you got me there. :b: Last time I checked, it still floats! :P

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The only 'soap' I'm aware of that its name was inspired by the scripture above. The trivia question is: What's the name of the soap

I have no idea... :huh: Is it the series by the same name? :39: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Oh yeah, you got me there. :b: Last time I checked, it still floats! :P

I have no idea... :huh: Is it the series by the same name? :39: 

I posted the question in the trivia section with two hints. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

I posted the question in the trivia section with two hints. 

So I noticed. ;)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

My point in bringing up ‘common-law’ was that it is no different than being married because of the rights afforded to each one...share of property, income, finances and children should there be any. That is why marriage is the only way.

Hebrews 14:4 says..marriage is honourable among all, and the bed undefined, but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

How many times in the Bible does God say, “ I am the Lord. I do not change.” Man changes and assumes if God/Jesus was here today He would see that things have changed and He would understand. But, He does not change! Does it not say in the Bible ..there is nothing new under the sun? Man changes..God does not neither does His Word.

There is a difference in marriage without recognition by the state and living together to see if you are compatible.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/28/2019 at 12:08 PM, Melinda12 said:

Would you condemn someone at your church if they were living with their partner without marriage? 

Yes.  The Bible condemns fornication.  Do you believe the Bible is God's Word?  Do you believe Christians should obey scripture?

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/28/2019 at 11:10 PM, Melinda12 said:

The principle is of course there for us in the Bible and is essentially the right way. Yes of course. I just think there is room for understanding of individual circumstances. Those concerned must pray and be guided by prayer. Not for others to judge. If two people are 100% committed to each other, in love, and believe in Jesus, then a delay in actually getting married is surely not the greatest of sins.. We should not condemn them harshly. Love is a wonderful thing but marriage is a legally binding contract which in today's world is very often ending in bitter expensive divorce. There's a lot more to it. 

What is utterly wrong is sleeping around casually. That is truly sinning and always bad news. 

If a person is sleeping around there is a good chance they may get a STD. There is an epidemic in this world of sexually transmitted diseases. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Fornication is indeed a serious sin and casual sex is foolish, at best. We often think of sexual sins as being the worst but to God there is one worse. In the OT there were only a few times where God opened the ground to swallow the people, but why would He do that. God did it because the people were worshiping other gods... that means the evil angels. To God that's the worst thing we can do. So while we should avoid all sins I believe the most grievous of them is other gods. Many weak Christians are putting other concerns in front of God and this is bad. However, I worry mostly about those worshiping other gods, I mean foreign or native American gods. This is mostly New Age people but some may have a Christian background, I am very concerned about them.

• Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

6 minutes ago, JTC said:

However, I worry mostly about those worshiping other gods, I mean foreign or native American gods. This is mostly New Age people but some may have a Christian background, I am very concerned about them.

Thank you. My husband and inlaws are native american. Fortunately there is a good church and many solid ministries there, but Christians are in a minority compared to the native gods. Please lend support, prayer or otherwise, to those ministries that bring the gospel to the native americans. 

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

33 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Thank you. My husband and inlaws are native american. Fortunately there is a good church and many solid ministries there, but Christians are in a minority compared to the native gods. Please lend support, prayer or otherwise, to those ministries that bring the gospel to the native americans. 

I will sister, and would you please add your prayer to mine concerning my cousin who told me that she & her New Age husband are worshiping native American gods. This is the last of the cousin's I grew up so I do worry about her. I really worry because I think at one time (in the past) she knew Jesus is God, maybe not in a born again way but in a mental way. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

5 minutes ago, JTC said:

I will sister, and would you please add your prayer to mine concerning my cousin who told me that she & her New Age husband are worshiping native American gods. This is the last of the cousin's I grew up so I do worry about her. I really worry because I think at one time (in the past) she knew Jesus is God, maybe not in a born again way but in a mental way. Thanks.

I will.

At one time, despite having heard and even read the bible, I followed new age/native beliefs. I finally got saved though despite myself lol. There is hope for them. 

• Praise God! 1