• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,758
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, douggg said:

Each and every soul is precious.  

Do those politicians of whom you speak claim to be Jesus?  

But are they claiming to be Jesus? 

Hello Doug,

For many years I believed the many who would come in the Lord's name (which is Messiah, or anointed), to mean that these individuals would claim themselves to be God. Over the years though, I started thinking about this passage and wondered how would billions of people be deceived by numerous people who would claim themselves as the messiah to believe them to be a deity? While there may be as many as a billion people throughout the world who might be gullible enough to believe someone to be a deity, the vast majority of mankind (over 6 billion people) would disregard anyone even suggesting themself as some sort of deity, as some deranged individual.

In my OP you will notice how I referred to the movie Defiance in which a couple of Russian Jews hiding from the Nazis during WWII, were talking amongst themselves when one of the two makes the statement: Todays Messiahs have mustaches and make long speeches. These Messiahs were in reference to Adolf Hitler whom many millions of German people believed had the answers and would make things right; while in Russia, many millions of Russians believed in Joseph Stalin had the answers and would make things right for them.

These individuals were false messiahs then.

All of a sudden recently, we see in nations like the U.S., the Philippines, Hungary, Brazil, among other nations, people with extreme views being voted into office by the masses who believe these individuals to have the answer to make things right. These people are very similar, if not the same as those who believed in the false messiahs in the past.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 minute ago, luigi said:

All of a sudden recently, we see in nations like the U.S., the Philippines, Hungary, Brazil, among other nations, people with extreme views being voted into office by the masses who believe these individuals to have the answer to make things right. These people are very similar, if not the same as those who believed in the false messiahs in the past.

This is all part of the overthrow of the current powers to usher in the beast. I Would lean more towards false anointings as what Jesus is referencing. John in his Epistle says "even now there are many antichrists"... read those passages, as they will help put this into focus. Oh, and you would do well to stay away from Hollywood rabbit holes, Many fell into those with the John Brown movies and what not, And their messages will usher in the Antichrist, as they work for the beast system.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, luigi said:

n my OP you will notice how I referred to the movie Defiance in which a couple of Russian Jews hiding from the Nazis during WWII, were talking amongst themselves when one of the two makes the statement: Todays Messiahs have mustaches and make long speeches. These Messiahs were in reference to Adolf Hitler whom many millions of German people believed had the answers and would make things right; while in Russia, many millions of Russians believed in Joseph Stalin had the answers and would make things right for them.

It was a movie, a written script being followed.

Messiah is used by society  and the secular world to broadly mean some person who is a savior of some sort, like Times Magazine had on the cover Alan Greenspan riding a white horse back at the time of a financial crisis.       That type of use of the word messiah does not equate to "false Christs" that Jesus was referring to.

Jesus was referring to false Christs in the religious senses.

4 hours ago, luigi said:

In the secular use of the word messiah.

4 hours ago, luigi said:

In the secular use of the word messiah.

false prophets, false teachers, false christs - in the biblical sense all have to do with religion.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, luigi said:

I therefore am of the opinion that when the Lord in Matthew 24:5 states that many will come in His name claiming themselves to be Christ, that these false Christs are merely individuals (politicians) who will claim to have the answers with the capacity to fix whatever is going wrong within their nations societies.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:31 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Today we have / had Heaven's Gate, the David Koresh's, Jim Jone's, etc., a handful or two globally that are claiming to be the Messiah. Myself, I wouldn't consider their numbers "many", compared to the global population or other religions. Of course all that could be subject to change.

Interesting to note these false messiahs. They fizzled out, and tragically so. We also had the Rev. Sun Myung Moon as well, and he passed away in 2012. His rise to fame was mainly in the 70's and seemed to top out by the 80's.  Then the eastern intrigue of the Hare Krishna thing by leader, Swami Prabhupada, also during this time period. And to a somewhat lesser degree, the following of Rajneesh. Americans go for that mystical stuff.

Neither of them actually had any messianic claims, but they sure bilked millions out of those who bought into their program. It seems like we haven't had any major figures in the 21st century to speak of. Not that I've heard anyway. I expect we may yet see someone new, but the majority of us in the Christian realm are pretty savvy of getting duped. There will always be those out in the lunatic fringe who tend to fall for this nonsense. 

Never mind the self-acclaimed pastors on TV, as that would be getting off-topic about the subject. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, luigi said:

Hi everyone,

In the movie Defiance with Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber, a couple of Russian Rabbi Jews who have fled the Nazis are talking amongst themselves, when one of them makes the claim that "todays Messiah's have mustaches and make long speeches". This remark was in reference to Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler, where Joseph Stalin was looked upon by millions of Russians as their man with the answers; while Adolf Hitler was looked upon by millions of Germans as their savior.

Neither Joseph Stalin, nor Adolf Hitler claimed themselves to be any sort of deity, instead they merely often claimed to have the answer and to fix whatever was going wrong within their nations societies.

I therefore am of the opinion that when the Lord in Matthew 24:5 states that many will come in His name claiming themselves to be Christ, that these false Christs are merely individuals (politicians) who will claim to have the answers with the capacity to fix whatever is going wrong within their nations societies.

Matthew 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

But that is only your opinion. Speculation. We really do not know the facts. God can see the whole picture He knows who it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,758
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

But that is only your opinion. Speculation. We really do not know the facts. God can see the whole picture He knows who it is.

Hello missmuffet,

Yes, it is only my opinion, but it is a logical assessment.

The alternative is to continue to believe that there are going to be many people who are going to claim themselves the deity Christ, and that these many individuals are going to fool and convince billions of people that they are so.

That is not a logical assessment.

Edited by luigi

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Interesting to note these false messiahs. They fizzled out, and tragically so. We also had the Rev. Sun Myung Moon as well, and he passed away in 2012. His rise to fame was mainly in the 70's and seemed to top out by the 80's.  Then the eastern intrigue of the Hare Krishna thing by leader, Swami Prabhupada, also during this time period. And to a somewhat lesser degree, the following of Rajneesh. Americans go for that mystical stuff.

Neither of them actually had any messianic claims, but they sure bilked millions out of those who bought into their program. It seems like we haven't had any major figures in the 21st century to speak of. Not that I've heard anyway. I expect we may yet see someone new, but the majority of us in the Christian realm are pretty savvy of getting duped. There will always be those out in the lunatic fringe who tend to fall for this nonsense. 

Never mind the self-acclaimed pastors on TV, as that would be getting off-topic about the subject. 

Reading your post, a group just popped into my mind, "scientology". They seem to be getting some programs and press about them lately. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just now, Dennis1209 said:

Reading your post, a group just popped into my mind, "scientology". They seem to be getting some programs and press about them lately. 

Oh. How on earth did I fail to mention them? :huh: Good call, Dennis! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Does anyone recall one of the Vatican Declarations in the past that the 'Vicar of Christ' was in charge of modifying scripture and even had a preferred role that he said allowed him to be honored in place of our Lord in order to be His sole earthly ruler and appointee. 

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Does anyone recall one of the Vatican Declarations in the past that the 'Vicar of Christ' was in charge of modifying scripture and even had a preferred role that he said allowed him to be honored in place of our Lord in order to be His sole earthly ruler and appointee. 

No, But I know he changed the Lord's prayer just recently based on this.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-francis-lords-prayer-our-father-change

Just so you know Fox news is primarily a catholic site, so this article is favorable to this change... 

• Thumbs Up 1