• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

A lot of Christians might believe this, or a lot of Christians might believe that. So if a lot of Christians believe something, does that make it true?

My experience tells me that heaven is the peace we experience after we repent of our sin. Read Matthew 4:17. Hell is what life is like before we repent of our sin.

you  chose to focus on your experience.  I outlined some questions and how  to investigate them.  What you choose to do with those is completely  up to you.

From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

I fail to  see how  Matt 4:17 equates  to understanding hell is some kind  of state we experience prior to repentance in this life  when the  Bible so clearly  teaches it  is  a real place. 

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

I am suggesting it is past time to get better informed.  The above was true when Hosea  was inspired  to write it, and it is true  still today. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, Jostler said:

you  chose to focus on your experience.  I outlined some questions and how  to investigate them.  What you choose to do with those is completely  up to you.

I fail to  see how  Matt 4:17 equates  to understanding hell is some kind  of state we experience prior to repentance in this life  when the  Bible so clearly  teaches it  is  a real place. 

I am suggesting it is past time to get better informed.  The above was true when Hosea  was inspired  to write it, and it is true  still today. 

We can study the Bible all we want, but until we start applying the Lord's principles, we can't understand it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Many Jews will not even say His Name aloud .They refer to him as “ that man”.They also hate Paul, as do many Christians......

Years ago, I heard that some Jews say His name should be stamped out.   I was shocked when I first heard that, and of course, sorry now.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

When the Lord tells us to repent, he is telling us to stop sinning. He isn't telling us to think about it.

If we could “ stop sinning” Jesus went to the Cross for nothing.When Jesus says “ repent” He is saying the thing that will get the job done—- turn to God!    “ Turn to me and I will turn to you” Jesus desire was to get people saved....He expressed sorrow about the damnation of many He preached to - “ they would not come to me” .All need to “ come to Him”and Him alone for Salvation . The unsaved need to “ change their mind” about who Jesus is. He was not just “ a wise and good man”. He is God in flesh, and the only one that can save anybody, and you need to turn to Him in order to be saved. 

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If we could “ stop sinning” Jesus went to the Cross for nothing.When Jesus says “ repent” He is saying the thing that will get the job done—- turn to God!    “ Turn to me and I will turn to you” Jesus desire was to get people saved....He expressed sorrow about the damnation of many He preached to - “ they would not come to me” .All need to “ come to Him”and Him alone for Salvation . The unsaved need to “ change their mind” about who Jesus is. He was not just “ a wise and good man”. He is God in flesh, and the only one that can save anybody, and you need to turn to Him in order to be saved. 

No, Jesus went to the cross for all the sins we commit before we repent. We've all sinned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, Debp said:

Years ago, I heard that some Jews say His name should be stamped out.   I was shocked when I first heard that, and of course, sorry now.

I have as well, and recently enough on a international chat site. It was in an anti-messiah chat room of all things, and the operator's user was, DontNeedChrist. He and his moderators were campaigning against the belief that Jesus ever existed. Just tragic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 7/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A walk of Faith can be “challenging”sometimes...... but at least it is possible .The task of trying to “ perform” to merit Righteousness before a Holy God , is not only “ not easy”—- it is impossible .Some need to give up trying and start trusting.

Wasn't typing about obeying the Law, maybe I should have went a little further esplaining. The closer we get to The Almighty and his Sons righteousness, the more the evil one will work to get us off track and he only messes with those close to The Almighty. Others are not a threat. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/31/2019 at 9:31 AM, Debp said:

yes,

Even unto this day, the Jews become outraged at the mention of His name. He is called blasphemous names by His own people. The precious name Yeshua (Yahweh is salvation) has been changed to Yeshu (let His name and His memory be blotted out). The Holy One who knew no sin nor was guile found in His mouth is often called the ‘Poshe- the transgressor “.Another term frequently in the mouth of the Jews is “Tolui” (the hanged one, which is equivalent to the accursed one) while in the Talmud Jesus of Nazareth is placed alongside Titus and Balaam and is considered as deserving the most severe and degrading punishment in hell.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, johnthebaptist said:

No, Jesus went to the cross for all the sins we commit before we repent. We've all sinned.

So what you are saying is the day you repent all of your sins, transgressions and iniquity has been forgiven up to that point in your life.

There are many problems with that, first of do you believe Jesus died on the Cross for your sins?  If so, let's say you repented in the last century at age of 30, ...what about someone that repented at the age of 40 in the 19th century, did Jesus die on the cross for their sins too, ..obviously, so Jesus hung on the Cross for your 30 years of sinning and declared, "It is finished," for you, but then He hung on the Cross longer for the sins of the person that repented at 40 years and then said, "It is finished," the there is someone alive today that repented at the age of 65 years, ...so Jesus has been hanging there invisible on the Cross at Calvary for almost 2,000 years and proclaimed, "It is finished," for them. 

Okaaay, here's the $64,000 question, since you believe Jesus paid for all of your sins up to the day you repented, and declared, "It is finished," for johnthebaptist, ...then what about the sins, transgressions and iniquity you have committed since you repented, ...who's gonna pay for them?

48 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

So what you are saying is the day you repent all of your sins, transgressions and iniquity has been forgiven up to that point in your life.

There are many problems with that, first of do you believe Jesus died on the Cross for your sins?  If so, let's say you repented in the last century at age of 30, ...what about someone that repented at the age of 40 in the 19th century, did Jesus die on the cross for their sins too, ..obviously, so Jesus hung on the Cross for your 30 years of sinning and declared, "It is finished," for you, but then He hung on the Cross longer for the sins of the person that repented at 40 years and then said, "It is finished," the there is someone alive today that repented at the age of 65 years, ...so Jesus has been hanging there invisible on the Cross at Calvary for almost 2,000 years and proclaimed, "It is finished," for them. 

Okaaay, here's the $64,000 question, since you believe Jesus paid for all of your sins up to the day you repented, and declared, "It is finished," for johnthebaptist, ...then what about the sins, transgressions and iniquity you have committed since you repented, ...who's gonna pay for them?

Jesus died for our sins, but when we sin, he will discipline us. Therefore, it is in our best interests to repent of our sin, I believe.