IGNORED

Would you believe this Christian testimony?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Who me said:

I want to know what Jesus means to him today?

What Jesus has done for him?

What is the relevence of his experience to him in his daily life and how does it help him live his life?

Lastly what does the minister of the church he attends think of his experience?

There are always those with dramatic testimonies, some only have a dramatic testimony, they have nothing to say about what Jesus means to them today or how they deal with todays problems.

The judgement of someone who has known the person before and after the 'experience' is always informative about there on going Christian life/witness.

He had been secular and mistreating his wife. After his experience he converted and his wife agreed to drop the divorce. He is a Harvard Law  grad and worked at a prestigious law firm for 20 years but left to start a law firm that focuses on helping businesses glorify God in the way they do business by treating people with “integrity and compassion.” That is on his website.

So there has definitely been an outwardly change. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

He had been secular and mistreating his wife. After his experience he converted and his wife agreed to drop the divorce. He is a Harvard Law  grad and worked at a prestigious law firm for 20 years but left to start a law firm that focuses on helping businesses glorify God in the way they do business by treating people with “integrity and compassion.” That is on his website.

That is all well and good ,but it is only the INWARD  change, “ the inside of the cup” change, a TRANSFORMATION  that only God can perform that counts..

• Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, nzkev said:

Please try apply a Bit of common sense, What would be the point of blessing a room? What would that achieve?

I agree. I also was skeptical because he was not afraid. I would think he would have been very scared.  

I guess the reasoning of blessing the rooms was because his wife had been asking him to leave the house. He refused and she had divorce papers delivered to the house  and his three year old son answered the door and then handed him the papers. He said he was devastated by that and that his wife’s ugliness and anger was out of control. Maybe he thought demonic spirits were in the house. I don’t know. I just hate to think that people are out there lying this way. His story doesn’t make sense at all.

I know this same group praised Benny Hinn. 

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

The measure for any such testimony: is it biblical or unbiblical?

The measure for any such person: with men coming to his fellowship, is he using the story to gather men solely for fellowship or to make dollars?

Is there a reason Jesus would choose to not appear to someone, to save their marriage or comfort a divorcee?

The men coming donate if they want to. I know Christian organizations make donations to him and sponsor  retreats for the men. And of course he pays himself a salary. It started out as just fellowship in a home but then grew and turned into something bigger.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

4 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

A change like this would make me less sceptical.

I would still be suspicious of the claim that he was recruiting people for 'his' church and would want to know about his cirrent daily experience of Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

10 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

The men coming donate if they want to. I know Christian organizations make donations to him and sponsor  retreats for the men. And of course he pays himself a salary. It started out as just fellowship in a home but then grew and turned into something bigger.

1) That sounds like he didn't do this for money, when he first shared the vision/experience.

2) Anyone who joins a church or fellowship because one person had one spiritual experience is sad! You join a church for sound teaching, solid fellowship, etc. -- and a good church has tons of healings and valid experiences, too!

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/30/2019 at 1:58 AM, nzkev said:

Please try apply a Bit of common sense, What would be the point of blessing a room? What would that achieve?

I would have opted for the 'whole-house-blessing-plan'. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I know this same group praised Benny Hinn. 

Oh good grief. :glare:

• Haha 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/29/2019 at 5:13 PM, ReneeIW said:

What would you think of a Christian who goes around the country giving a testimony that Christ visited him in his home? 

He said that he was devastated that his wife had filed for divorce so he sought the advice and counsel from a Christian leader. The Christian leader told him to go home and meditate on Jeremiah 24. The leader then asked him if he had ever invited Christ into his home. He answered no and was told to invite Christ into his house that night. 

The next morning he said he opened the door and Christ was there appearing as a bright white figure and He  came into his home and walked from room to room blessing every room. After Christ finished blessing the last room, the man thought Christ had left so he sat down at his desk trying to process what had just happened. Then Christ appeared again and the man fell down to the floor and wept while grasping Christ’s ankles.

Thoughts about whether this man sounds sincere? He uses this story to recruit men to his Christian Fellowship.

It took a bit of work, but using bing I tracked him and his fellowship down based on the info in the various posts. 

I looked through the fellowship's site and it seems legit to me.  It's a Christian men's group with chapters all around the US.  I read through some of the testimonies and they sound like other testimonies I've heard over the years.   With regard to the testimony in the OP, it took me a long time to track it down buried in one paragraph of a 12 page PDF file (which is the chapter from the book mentioned in another post).   It sounds more like this is being shared as part of his personal testimony in person rather than front page bragging rights.   If not for the OP and the reference to the book it appears in, I probably couldn't have found it.   In a short 2 minute testimony talking about what the fellowship did for him, he doesn't mention it.  In his 30 minute testimony (which I admittedly skipped through at about 30 to 60 second intervals), I couldn't find any reference to it.  

If he spent all his time talking about this and he was a one trick pony speaker and this was plastered in prominent places on the site, I'd question things.  Given that most of his focus (at least that I could see online) is on the men around him and the testimony of God's change in his life and family, I think it sounds credible.  Given a few of the other testimonies I looked at and the various resources on the main fellowship site, this seems on the up and up to me.  This seems to be a group through which many men are coming to Christ and seeing tangible changes in their lives.  It also seems to be a group catching men falling through the cracks who don't want to go into a church.

If they had a chapter near where I live, I'd check them out.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Edit: double post.