IGNORED

Would you believe this Christian testimony?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

What would you think of a Christian who goes around the country giving a testimony that Christ visited him in his home? 

He said that he was devastated that his wife had filed for divorce so he sought the advice and counsel from a Christian leader. The Christian leader told him to go home and meditate on Jeremiah 24. The leader then asked him if he had ever invited Christ into his home. He answered no and was told to invite Christ into his house that night. 

The next morning he said he opened the door and Christ was there appearing as a bright white figure and He  came into his home and walked from room to room blessing every room. After Christ finished blessing the last room, the man thought Christ had left so he sat down at his desk trying to process what had just happened. Then Christ appeared again and the man fell down to the floor and wept while grasping Christ’s ankles.

Thoughts about whether this man sounds sincere? He uses this story to recruit men to his Christian Fellowship.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

What would you think of a Christian who goes around the country giving a testimony that Christ visited him in his home? 

He said that he was devastated that his wife had filed for divorce so he sought the advice and counsel from a Christian leader. The Christian leader told him to go home and meditate on Jeremiah 24. The leader then asked him if he had ever invited Christ into his home. He answered no and was told to invite Christ into his house that night. 

The next morning he said he opened the door and Christ was there appearing as a bright white figure and He  came into his home and walked from room to room blessing every room. After Christ finished blessing the last room, the man thought Christ had left so he sat down at his desk trying to process what had just happened. Then Christ appeared again and the man fell down to the floor and wept while grasping Christ’s ankles.

Thoughts about whether this man sounds sincere? He uses this story to recruit men to his Christian Fellowship.

I would not believe him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

I want to know what Jesus means to him today?

What Jesus has done for him?

What is the relevence of his experience to him in his daily life and how does it help him live his life?

Lastly what does the minister of the church he attends think of his experience?

There are always those with dramatic testimonies, some only have a dramatic testimony, they have nothing to say about what Jesus means to them today or how they deal with todays problems.

The judgement of someone who has known the person before and after the 'experience' is always informative about there on going Christian life/witness.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I would be checking for gas leaks ...... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

10 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

i once was enveloped by white light and heard the voice of Jesus in the hospital, so all things are possible, but i do not see why Jesus would bless rooms, isn't blessing a house a catholic thing, why would Jesus even bother doing that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

17 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

The measure for any such testimony: is it biblical or unbiblical?

The measure for any such person: with men coming to his fellowship, is he using the story to gather men solely for fellowship or to make dollars?

Is there a reason Jesus would choose to not appear to someone, to save their marriage or comfort a divorcee?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus made an appearance today,in my home , as I was reclining  on the couch listening to Fleetwood Mac—— I opened up my Bible to the Book of John and Behold! There He was .This should suffice most people in the long intervals between room blessings.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 7/29/2019 at 10:13 PM, ReneeIW said:

No.
That "christ" whether real or imagined by him, was more along these lines:

2 Corinthians 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Matthew 24:24-27  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  (25)  Behold, I have told you before. (26)  Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. (27)  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, nobleseed said:

i once was enveloped by white light and heard the voice of Jesus in the hospital, so all things are possible, but i do not see why Jesus would bless rooms, isn't blessing a house a catholic thing, why would Jesus even bother doing that?

He is Catholic but his fellowship is non denominational. His “miracle” of Christ walking in his house was in a book called Miracles by Eric Metaxas.

• Oy Vey! 1

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus made an appearance today,in my home , as I was reclining  on the couch listening to Fleetwood Mac—— I opened up my Bible to the Book of John and Behold! There He was .This should suffice most people in the long intervals between room blessings.

And if you had been gathered with another person,  He would have been there for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1