• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The above verses plainly declare that  salvation comes by God’s grace through faith, period. Works, in no way contribute to the work of salvation. All the work has been done by Christ, and Him alone.

Philippians 2:12-13 (KJV)
12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

These verses talk about working out our salvation, the word work meaning, to apply our salvation. Even the works we do are God working in us to will and to do of His good pleasure. Again, the work of salvation has been done by Christ, and Him alone. Our works do not contribute to our salvation, but rather are the effects of our salvation.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

I writing this is because many church teaches partial grace and law. They sent out a mixed message that confuses. Why are they holding onto the law when the bible clear states that we are under grace? That is because the church leaders are afraid that without the law, their church members will go around sinning without restrain. They are essentially using the law like a leash to control the behavior of their church followers (hoping that it will produce good testimonies). This is human effort and from the flesh. The bible clearly states that when we try to follow the law, we activates the flesh (we are using our own effort to obey the law. Anything that has to do with self, is the flesh). Do you know that non-christian are capable of doing good works, charitable and noble acts? 

Many christian have this wrong thinking that walking in obedience with the effort of the flesh (self-discipline, human endurance, self-determination and will power) equals to walking in the Spirit. Even non-christian who operates only in the flesh can do good works using their human efforts. And if human efforts can please God, we can saved ourselves and Jesus died in vain. 

When christian tries to follow the law and sometimes they succeed in certain areas, they think that they are closer to God because they are able to obey. This is wrong. They have misunderstood the purpose of the law. It is not meant to bring christian closer to God. What about the other areas which they have failed? 

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Instead of activating the flesh, the bible tells us to walk with the Holy Spirit. 

Born again Christian = New Creature/Creation (Your Soul & Holy Spirit) + Flesh

We are told by the bible to put down the flesh and follow the Spirit. Putting down the flesh is not walking in obedience with the effort of the flesh. 

In order to follow the Spirit, we need to be free from the law. If you are not free from the law (the law empowers the flesh), your flesh will be activated all the time. Jesus' death and payment for all our sins has freed us from the law. But our minds are still not free from the law. That is why the bible tells us to have no consciousness of sin. In order to have no consciousness of sin, we must move away from the law.

Edited by alaric_w
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

3 hours ago, alaric_w said:

I writing this is because many church teaches partial grace and law. They sent out a mixed message that confuses. Why are they holding onto the law when the bible clear states that we are under grace? That is because the church leaders are afraid that without the law, their church members will go around sinning without restrain. They are essentially using the law like a leash to control the behavior of their church followers (hoping that it will produce good testimonies). This is human effort and from the flesh. The bible clearly states that when we try to follow the law, we activates the flesh (we are using our own effort to obey the law. Anything that has to do with self, is the flesh). Do you know that non-christian are capable of doing good works, charitable and noble acts?

Many christian have this wrong thinking that walking in obedience with the effort of the flesh (self-discipline, human endurance, self-determination and will power) equals to walking in the Spirit. Even non-christian who operates only in the flesh can do good works using their human efforts. And if human efforts can please God, we can saved ourselves and Jesus died in vain.

When christian tries to follow the law and sometimes they succeed in certain areas, they think that they are closer to God because they are able to obey. This is wrong. They have misunderstood the purpose of the law. It is not meant to bring christian closer to God. What about the other areas which they have failed?

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Instead of activating the flesh, the bible tells us to walk with the Holy Spirit.

Born again Christian = New Creature/Creation (Your Soul & Holy Spirit) + Flesh

We are told by the bible to put down the flesh and follow the Spirit. Putting down the flesh is not walking in obedience with the effort of the flesh.

In order to follow the Spirit, we need to be free from the law. If you are not free from the law (the law empowers the flesh), your flesh will be activated all the time. Jesus' death and payment for all our sins has freed us from the law. But our minds are still not free from the law. That is why the bible tells us to have no consciousness of sin. In order to have no consciousness of sin, we must move away from the law.

You have never read Romans have you.

romans3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

The law shows us how God wants us to live and you with the Spirit of God living in you will know through the Spirits confirmation that this is right.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

21 minutes ago, Who me said:

You have never read Romans have you.

romans3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

The law shows us how God wants us to live and you with the Spirit of God living in you will know through the Spirits confirmation that this is right.

In the new covenant, it is written that God will put his law in our minds and write it in our hearts. This is only possible with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the Holy Spirit has replaced the law written on stones. In the new covenant, the Holy Spirit is our law and teacher (No longer will they teach their neighbor). It is either you flow with the Holy Spirit or depend on your flesh. Most of the time when you failed, you are depending on your flesh.

Jeremiah 31:33

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” 

Sad to say, the most of the Israelis rejected Jesus and his free gift of salvation. Hence the blessing of the new covenant is given to the gentiles. However, the Jews can still enter the new covenant if they accept Jesus and become part of the church.

Edited by alaric_w
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, Who me said:

The Law was given to “ shut every mouth.” It can’t be kept.You must have a Savior.God provided Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, alaric_w said:

In the new covenant, it is written that God will put his law in our minds and write it in our hearts. This is only possible with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the Holy Spirit has replaced the law written on stones. In the new covenant, the Holy Spirit is our law and teacher (No longer will they teach their neighbor). It is either you flow with the Holy Spirit or depend on your flesh. Most of the time when you failed, you are depending on your flesh.

Jeremiah 31:33

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Sad to say, the most of the Israelis rejected Jesus and his free gift of salvation. Hence the blessing of the new covenant is given to the gentiles. However, the Jews can still enter the new covenant if they accept Jesus and become part of the church.

And that law is what?

Love the Lord your God with All ones being and your neighbour as your self.

• This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Law was given to “ shut every mouth.” It can’t be kept.You must have a Savior.God provided Him.

Which means the law is still valid and inforce.

We may be freed from the legal requirement to obey, instead we have the moral obkigation as a mark of our love for Jesus to obey.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

26 minutes ago, Who me said:

Which means the law is still valid and inforce.

We may be freed from the legal requirement to obey, instead we have the moral obkigation as a mark of our love for Jesus to obey.

Are you thinking that being under the Holy Spirit no longer need to follow the basic 10 commandments? It is God (Holy Spirit is also God) who gave the 10 commandments. 

An illustration. In the old, God draw a line on the floor and we have to try our best to walk along the line without stepping out. In the new, the line is remove and Holy Spirit carries us to do the impossible.(Do you think the Holy Spirit will lead us into sin?).

To understand this, you will need to have the Holy Spirit and experience life with him. 

Edited by alaric_w
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

Are you thinking that being under the Holy Spirit no longer need to follow the basic 10 commandments? It is God (Holy Spirit is also God) who gave the 10 commandments. 

An illustration. In the old, God draw a line on the floor and we have to try our best to walk along the line without stepping out. In the new, the line is remove and Holy Spirit carries us to do the impossible.(Do you think the Holy Spirit will lead us into sin?).

This is superior in content and quality. Well said.

14 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

To understand this, you will need to have the Holy Spirit and experience life with him. Do you even have the Holy Spirit to begin with if you do not understand this?

This however, is an over assumption of another brother in Christ's heart and mind. A little bit accusatory. Just saying.  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

This is superior in content and quality. Well said.

This however, is an over assumption of another brother in Christ's heart and mind. A little bit accusatory. Just saying.  

I am poor with patience. Sorry for the lack of it