DailyBreadBlog

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Today I studied Matthew 13 and saw some striking similarities with the between the settings of the crossing over when Israel was coming out of slavery.

Firstly, Jesus was near the shore, and as the multitudes came to the shore, he went into a boat so they all can see Him. 

The multitudes on the shore reminded me of the setting, where the Israel was at the Red Sea, waiting to be free. These people too were waiting to be free. They were looking for something. They needed some sort of fruit. They had failed to keep the law. Jesus' sermon here was one that would "get them across" it would see them go from being a slave to being fruitful.

He spoke of the parable of the sower and the seeds. I encourage you to read this parable again. It shows the barriers to us becoming fruitful (cares of this world, deceitfulness of riches, lack of understanding, fear etc.) 

What I like about it is the results of those who bear fruit, the fruit was 100 fold, 60 fold and 30 fold. He taught them how to bear fruit, and what it takes. He revealed to them the power of His Word, and the result of those who retain it regardless of their surroundings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, DailyBreadBlog said:

Firstly, Jesus was near the shore, and as the multitudes came to the shore, he went into a boat so they all can see Him

In addition to seeing. It's my understanding from those whom visited where Jesus gave this sermon, the acoustical effects from the water to land amplified His voice also.