• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is more like I'm thinking out loud  than I'm asking a question. Although, since I am a true believer of 40 yrs I do have a real problem. I have 1 cousin (left) I grew up with who married a New Age guru some 25 yrs ago. Previously she was a nominal Catholic which means she was taught all about Jesus and at one time believed it. This cousin & her brother always had an unhealthy interest in the supernatural, which I'm sure is part of the problem. At one time we were a close family getting together every weekend. It was back then when God called to me. I didn't know what was happening so I didn't tell them much, but they did know about me joining my 1st church. I hoped eventually some of them would join me but no. One thing I don't understand is how & why my cousin walked away from believing everything we were taught as kids, much of it is true. I think I'm supposed to reach her today, but how? ......... I just texted her & asked if they ever heard of Dr. Michael Heiser and they didn't. Maybe I can reach these 2 people with the way Dr. Heiser discusses knowledge that has always been in the Bible but we seem to have forgotten. I know my cousin's husband had a merging with some sort of evil angel about 35 yrs ago. At one time this man thought he was a god, then an alien, and I don't know what now. I think meeting & marrying my super hot cousin (30 yrs ago) made him rethink himself. Well, let's face it God made us male & female for many reasons. ..................... I feel I just lead the horse to the water now will they take a drink? ....................... This may become an ongoing post, I hope George doesn't mind.

If you have an idea please tell me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, JTC said:

This is more like I'm thinking out loud  than I'm asking a question. Although, since I am a true believer of 40 yrs I do have a real problem. I have 1 cousin (left) I grew up with who married a New Age guru some 25 yrs ago. Previously she was a nominal Catholic which means she was taught all about Jesus and at one time believed it. This cousin & her brother always had an unhealthy interest in the supernatural, which I'm sure is part of the problem. At one time we were a close family getting together every weekend. It was back then when God called to me. I didn't know what was happening so I didn't tell them much, but they did know about me joining my 1st church. I hoped eventually some of them would join me but no. One thing I don't understand is how & why my cousin walked away from believing everything we were taught as kids, much of it is true. I think I'm supposed to reach her today, but how? ......... I just texted her & asked if they ever heard of Dr. Michael Heiser and they didn't. Maybe I can reach these 2 people with the way Dr. Heiser discusses knowledge that has always been in the Bible but we seem to have forgotten. I know my cousin's husband had a merging with some sort of evil angel about 35 yrs ago. At one time this man thought he was a god, then an alien, and I don't know what now. I think meeting & marrying my super hot cousin (30 yrs ago) made him rethink himself. Well, let's face it God made us male & female for many reasons. ..................... I feel I just lead the horse to the water now will they take a drink? ....................... This may become an ongoing post, I hope George doesn't mind.

The only way is to resetablish an ongoing relationship with them and to talk to them.

As part of what you gosip about, mention church and what ever activity or challenging sermon, fantastic song has remainded in your mind. Remember this is gosip not an indepth lecture. The largest part of your conversation should be about them, their family, activities and what they believe.

Once relations are established start asking questions about what they believe. Ask how it works for logical reasons why it should work.

Your aim is to show inconsistencies and to get them to think about them. More a sowing seeds of doubt then rubbing their noses in it.

If they are willing to be friendly invite them over for the weekend and to church, let them lead the conversation about the surmon.

Water all this with prayer.  Be sure that what ever questions you ask of their believes you can answer about yours.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, JTC said:

You can not save a person only God can change the heart. I am sure they know about Jesus Christ. The best thing you can do for them is pray for them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Definitely pray for them. It wouldn't hurt to bring the matter before believers in the church you attend as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Um... "Super hot cousin"? I apologize for pointing it out, but most relatives i'd say something like "pretty" or "charming". Super hot cousin is kind of... Yeesh. 

I would definitely advise prayer. When I was trying to move away from being an atheist, I looked elsewhere before being pulled towards the Bible - That includes the New Age nonsense. It is confusion. People either convincing themselves of something or other, or the deceiver lulling them into such trickery. As it is with most things, people are very unwilling to change, nor question themselves. I suppose any kind of approach you might try to make would be based on their beliefs. That would probably involve... A bit too much research and focus on such things than i'd really advise, for anyone. Prayer and letting yourself be shown as an example is really the best option.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 7/31/2019 at 4:23 AM, AnOrangeCat said:

Definitely pray for them.

I need all the prayer support I can get with this. Until this week my cousin texted me everyday. Then I decided to try & win her for Christ, she stopped texting me? I believe that their gods fear our God. We can win.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, JTC said:

I need all the prayer support I can get with this. Until this week my cousin texted me everyday. Then I decided to try & win her for Christ, she stopped texting me? I believe that their gods fear our God. We can win.

What did you write to her?   Was it too much at one time?   Perhaps it's good to plant seeds at first?   Then hopefully the Holy Spirit can work in her heart...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, JTC said:

I just texted her & asked if they ever heard of Dr. Michael Heiser and they didn't.

I had to look up who this was, and it's not likely to be of any help to your cousin and his husband. They are steeped into the darker realms of the occult, and it's going to take a lot more than some one who knows all about so-called alien beings, as probable evil spirits to battle this one out. Better to find out someone who knows more of actual demonology, and the casting out of devils. And even then, one has to be willing to submit to this kind of prayer, and be more than willing to become born again directly following. Otherwise, they'll end up worse than ever before. Praying for them. This is no easy thing to step into. God bless.

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

C.S. Lewis called it 'the unseen real'. Dr. Heiser calls it the Unseen Realm. Both study avenues are really good.

I have seen/listened to dozens of Dr. Heisers various pod casts and videos and he is certainly well worth the effort to listen to. You do not have to agree with him, but he takes scholarly works and puts them together in an understandable way. Do no dismiss Dr. Heiser. He does what few have ever done and his scholarship is beyond reproach.

Jude says: 22 And indeed, have mercy on those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; and to still others, show mercy tempered with fear, hating even the clothing stained by the flesh. 24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you unblemished in His glorious presence, with great joy—…

Yeshua made a way for us to approach the Throne of Grace with our petitions. He put ALL under His feet and His Name is above EVERY name, both in the heavenly realm and the earthly realms. Since Yeshua purified the way to the Throne, He will be our advocate and accompany us to the Throne where we can petition the Lord High God. We just have to DO IT.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, JTC said:

Prayer and just go with how God leads you.  It might be mostly normal day to day chat with the occasional God-inspired comment thrown in at times or a more consistent saying things.  It might be an offer to pray with them at a God appointed moment.   We just follow the best we can and trust God's grace to cover our missteps. 

Also, (easy to say, harder to do), have patience in God's timing.  In the midst of battles like this, there are often the encouraging ups and the discouraging downs that tend to take a toll on us emotionally.  It's easy (at least for me at times) to get caught in the rollercoaster of emotionally reacting to the latest news.  I'm better than I used to be, but things like this used to drain me as my emotions would hinge on the latest thing to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1