• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

The reason I have some hope here is because at one time my cousin knew (in her mind) that Jesus is God/Son of God. But she married a man who fancies himself an ascended master. He had an eastern occult type background and from what I'm told he had a merging with a spiritual being (many years ago). This spirit gives him the ability to beguile weak willed people. He claims he can heal people but in truth he cannot heal anyone. He is able to project a type of energy that feels good when a person feels down. He charges money for this, like the sorcerers did in the book of Acts. As we know, the Apostles stopped them. My cousin's husband doesn't have a Christian background so he's the one that God has to get to. 

I know our God, the Sovereign Lord, Yahweh is more powerful than whatever god that man has aligned himself with. But to make matters worse he started a church and they use the word God which brings in weak willed people. They also use good nutrition is as a reason to follow them and right now our society is very aware that we all need to eat better and watch our health. 

But the real battle is against the spiritual entity that has deceived even my cousin. 

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, JTC said:

The reason I have some hope here is because at one time my cousin knew (in her mind) that Jesus is God/Son of God. But she married a man who fancies himself an ascended master. He had an eastern occult type background and from what I'm told he had a merging with a spiritual being (many years ago). This spirit gives him the ability to beguile weak willed people. He claims he can heal people but in truth he cannot heal anyone. He is able to project a type of energy that feels good when a person feels down. He charges money for this, like the sorcerers did in the book of Acts. As we know, the Apostles stopped them. My cousin's husband doesn't have a Christian background so he's the one that God has to get to. 

I know our God, the Sovereign Lord, Yahweh is more powerful than whatever god that man has aligned himself with. But to make matters worse he started a church and they use the word God which brings in weak willed people. They also use good nutrition is as a reason to follow them and right now our society is very aware that we all need to eat better and watch our health. 

But the real battle is against the spiritual entity that has deceived even my cousin. 

From the sound of the first post to this one, you are up against more than one person can expect to battle and win. This unfortunately, is the New Age Movement. Praying your cousin can be rescued from all this. Nothing is impossible for the Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

JTC,

God loves you, your cousin and her husband despite the type of man he is. Prayer is so powerful and God can do what we cannot do in our own power. You’ve tried to talk to your cousin, but this is her husband and if she loves him your advice is going to fall on deaf ears.  He probably already has some amount of control over her and who she talks to. People with an evil heart crave control, power and self-reverence which is why he has now started his own church drawing in people with his claim to supernatural powers etc.

• Mark 9:29, “And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.” (I know Jesus was speaking regarding demons. But your cousin’s husband sounds like he is aligned with the darker side)
  • 1 John 5:14-15, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 7/30/2019 at 5:27 PM, JTC said:

This is more like I'm thinking out loud  than I'm asking a question. Although, since I am a true believer of 40 yrs I do have a real problem. I have 1 cousin (left) I grew up with who married a New Age guru some 25 yrs ago. Previously she was a nominal Catholic which means she was taught all about Jesus and at one time believed it. This cousin & her brother always had an unhealthy interest in the supernatural, which I'm sure is part of the problem. At one time we were a close family getting together every weekend. It was back then when God called to me. I didn't know what was happening so I didn't tell them much, but they did know about me joining my 1st church. I hoped eventually some of them would join me but no. One thing I don't understand is how & why my cousin walked away from believing everything we were taught as kids, much of it is true. I think I'm supposed to reach her today, but how? ......... I just texted her & asked if they ever heard of Dr. Michael Heiser and they didn't. Maybe I can reach these 2 people with the way Dr. Heiser discusses knowledge that has always been in the Bible but we seem to have forgotten. I know my cousin's husband had a merging with some sort of evil angel about 35 yrs ago. At one time this man thought he was a god, then an alien, and I don't know what now. I think meeting & marrying my super hot cousin (30 yrs ago) made him rethink himself. Well, let's face it God made us male & female for many reasons. ..................... I feel I just lead the horse to the water now will they take a drink? ....................... This may become an ongoing post, I hope George doesn't mind.

If you have an idea please tell me.

How does being a nominal anything (nominal means "exists in name only") indicate they "used to believe" something?

The question is whether the cousins are born again or no:

Which of the following is part of the gospel/salvation (sin debt paid: I Corinthians 15:1-3)?

+          admitting sinfulness

+          asking forgiveness for  sins

+          attending confession

+          attending mass

+          baptism

+          belief

+          Bible study

+          charitable acts

+          Christian family living

+          church attendance

+          confessing with one’s mouth*

+          faith

+          faithfulness

+          following the sermon on the mount

+          following the “golden rule”(Do Unto Others...)

+          following the ten commandments

+          giving Jesus one’s life

+          good works

+          good behavior

+          infant baptism

+          Jesus in the heart

+          making Jesus Lord

+          obeying pastor/priest

+          observing the law

+          prayer

+          promising to not sin

+          repentance

+          reciting the Lord’s prayer

+          sorrow for sin

+          telling God “sorry”

+          telling God one’s sins

+          the “sinner’s prayer”

+          tithing

+          “trying hard”

+          “turning from sin”

*Saying Jesus is Lord, (confessing) refers to Jewish people testifying that Jesus is Messiah. Romans 10:8-9, in context, refers to Jewish people confronted with the gospel.

This is going to be a very hard battle to win. My cousin sees her husband as almost a god. They are well aware of all the various gods that exist but I don't think they understand who these beings are. I know they won't believe me so I hoped Michael Heiser might make a impression on them. But they purposely stay away from smartphones, PC, and even cable TV. They revere shows like "The Quickening" & "X-Files".  When I was 20 I had high hopes that someday we would be able to travel faster than light (as per Star Trek). Maybe Warp Speed is possible but I no longer think the elements necessary to do so exist on earth. Even if they did the elements necessary to create deflector shields don't exist neither. But my cousins don't accept this.

They are full of pride.

On 8/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, BeauJangles said:

From the sound of the first post to this one, you are up against more than one person can expect to battle and win. This unfortunately, is the New Age Movement. Praying your cousin can be rescued from all this. Nothing is impossible for the Lord.

You're right BeauJangles, this is more than I can do alone. Her latest comment was she doesn't want to argue religion with me. I agreed I don't want to argue religion neither because I don't believe in religions, however I said, God is another issue. My cousin seems to think her husband is the smartest man in the world. I happen to know there's always someone smarter than any of us but this is a dangerous attitude to have. Since she & her hubby believe in the gods (she won't tell me exactly which ones) I said I don't think she understands exactly who these gods are. Since her husband is supposed to be so well educated I'm trying to convince her to buy him one of Michael Heiser books. (I didn't trust Heiser for some time but I now believe he's a genuine Christian) My cousin & her husband are both 60ish which means when he did his reading Michael Heiser's books weren't published yet. To make matters worse part of their spiritual beliefs prevents them from using the Internet.

So I will ask again for all the prayers any of you are willing to say. I need the help.

• Praying! 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, lovethelord said:

JTC,

God loves you, your cousin and her husband despite the type of man he is. Prayer is so powerful and God can do what we cannot do in our own power. You’ve tried to talk to your cousin, but this is her husband and if she loves him your advice is going to fall on deaf ears.  He probably already has some amount of control over her and who she talks to. People with an evil heart crave control, power and self-reverence which is why he has now started his own church drawing in people with his claim to supernatural powers etc.

I love what you said here,LtL.

I admit I didn't read it slowly until today. Today I looked to see who wrote it and I wasn't surprised you're female. I love the way women usually can see things from a different perspective.

I wanted you to see my latest update. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I realized my cousin was not going to go out of her way to find a Michael Heiser book for her husband. She said she checked her local Walmart who didn't have it. I grew up with this cousin she was as my sister. I got the feeling she did her part, she looked & it wasn't there. She was done. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm wrong too often lately.     However, I want her hubby to see one of the books. I read reviews on most of them. If he liked the Bible I would have chosen the first book "Unseen Realm". But Heiser says it's technical and loaded with footnotes. He rewrote it to be more reader friendly. The 2nd book is also 100 pages shorter. It's called "Supernatural" and I know they love that word. But I didn't know that the title is longer and the word Bible is there. I did one more thing. I made the name on the package her hubby's name. The Amazon website tells me it should be delivered sometime today. So I wait with baited breathe.  I hope they don't get mad at me for being so forward.  My cousin doesn't like speaking on a cell phone so this may not matter but just yesterday my phone broke, again, it's the only phone I have. So if she wanted to call me she can't. But my PC will receive any texts she might send. Am I nuts?

If & when she tells me it arrived I plan to say it's a gift for her hubby. She seems to think I hate him, which is wrong. I only spoke to him once on the phone 30 yrs ago. I don't recall any arguments. I barely know him. So in truth I can't hate him. But I guess when her brother was alive, he told her I hate. I hate sin so I hate what they believe, but not them. I am hoping this will prove that. They are in Florida I'm in NY, what else can I do from here. I was listening to Proverbs this morning and some verses about instructing wise men vs foolish men struck me.  All I ask is he read this book.  I know the Bible fairly well but even I didn't see the words in the light Dr. Heiser does. I know a wise man will always consider an idea before he decides what to do with it. So I'm also thinking how he handles this book will tell me something about him.

Thank you to everyone following this post.

Edited by JTC
added 2 words
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

To me prayer sounds like the best option with your cousin right now.  

I will be praying for them.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

JTC,

I hope you don't mind my unconventional reply back to you. But i found it easier to add in red font my responses to your questions. Thanks

I love what you said here,LtL.

I admit I didn't read it slowly until today. Today I looked to see who wrote it and I wasn't surprised you're female. I love the way women usually can see things from a different perspective.

I wanted you to see my latest update. I hope I didn't make a mistake. (of course not, hope my reply helps in some way). I realized my cousin was not going to go out of her way to find a Michael Heiser book for her husband. She said she checked her local Walmart who didn't have it. I grew up with this cousin she was as my sister. I got the feeling she did her part, she looked & it wasn't there. She was done. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm wrong too often lately. (Don't doubt yourself...Satan wants you to doubt and stop you from doing anything that would hinder your purpose. It's obvious to me that you care/love your cousin and doing what you can to help her spiritual state).    However, I want her hubby to see one of the books. I read reviews on most of them. If he liked the Bible I would have chosen the first book "Unseen Realm". But Heiser says it's technical and loaded with footnotes. He rewrote it to be more reader friendly. The 2nd book is also 100 pages shorter. It's called "Supernatural" and I know they love that word. But I didn't know that the title is longer and the word Bible is there. I did one more thing. I made the name on the package her hubby's name. The Amazon website tells me it should be delivered sometime today. So I wait with baited breathe.  I hope they don't get mad at me for being so forward. (I understand your reservations, but keep in mind your motives . Remember, we can't control their reaction. But it was a gift done in love).  My cousin doesn't like speaking on a cell phone so this may not matter but just yesterday my phone broke, again, it's the only phone I have. So if she wanted to call me she can't. But my PC will receive any texts she might send. Am I nuts? (Caring is not nuts)

If & when she tells me it arrived I plan to say it's a gift for her hubby. She seems to think I hate him, which is wrong. I only spoke to him once on the phone 30 yrs ago. I don't recall any arguments. I barely know him. So in truth I can't hate him. But I guess when her brother was alive, he told her I hate. (your cousin can choose to listen to her brother's words or look at your actions which show otherwise). I hate sin so I hate what they believe, but not them. I am hoping this will prove that. They are in Florida I'm in NY, what else can I do from here.  (I would continue in prayer! Don't give up. Prayer is very powerful). I was listening to Proverbs this morning and some verses about instructing wise men vs foolish men struck me.  All I ask is he read this book.  I know the Bible fairly well but even I didn't see the words in the light Dr. Heiser does. I know a wise man will always consider an idea before he decides what to do with it. So I'm also thinking how he handles this book will tell me something about him. (Also, Proverbs 14:16, "one who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.") Does her husband sound like the wise person or the fool?

From my own experience I can say God can turn the seemingly obstacles and circumstances completely around. I hope that today can possibly change the relationship you have with your cousin in a positive way. I pray that she will see that she has a relative who truly cares for her. That she will realize what a blessing she has that someone cares enough not to give up on her and her husband. I know one day will come when she will need your support, love and care. She will know she can reach out to you. In the end we know that it is God who is in control but we can do what we can to help others see the light.

Edited by lovethelord

7 hours ago, lovethelord said:

I hope that today can possibly change the relationship you have with your cousin in a positive way. I pray that she will see that she has a relative who truly cares for her. That she will realize what a blessing she has that someone cares enough not to give up on her and her husband. I know one day will come when she will need your support, love and care. She will know she can reach out to you. In the end we know that it is God who is in control but we can do what we can to help others see the light.

Thank you LtL,

These are all the things I hope also. This afternoon my ISP went down. I got back online at 11 pm. I went to see if she sent texts & uh-oh. She got the book & 4 texts were angry as if she was yelling. She reminded me they don't believe in Christian mythology. I wasted my money her hubby was raised with Hindu Oriental traditions which is what they are. She claimed they don't agree with Heiser's interpretations, but how would they know. Her texts came at 4:30 they must have just gotten the book. There was no time to read it, they have no Internet, no pc, smartphone etc. Most likely they saw Bible as part of the title & that was the end of it. The last text was a shot at me saying this: " For the record, since you are no longer Catholic, you are 0fficially 1 of 100,000 sects of Chrisianity." At the moment all I feel is anger. In 4 yrs I never insulted her beliefs once, this is the 3rd time she did this to me. I need several days before I can be calm with them. I needs to send them an email, I cannot explain to her what's happening in texts. They refuse email and I can no longer use a pen due to nerve damage, I can't write. 2 weeks ago she was trying to be superior by saying she has a level of consciousness you only read about. She says many condescending things. I guess I know what she means but it doesn't give her peace. I know she feels envious of people with more money even when they work hard to get it. I haven't felt envy in over 20 yrs. She wishes the worst on people & assumes I do as well. That also went away long ago. She lies often but hates others for lieing, I almost never lie, but I was like that even as a child. She, her bother, & their mother were traumatized in 60's when her father walked out on Christmas Day morning. Some ex-New Agers are making many videos about the New Age, why people join it, the appeal of it, and how to escape it. I know most of what they say, I figured it out with L, her brother. But 1 video pointed out the trauma leads to fear so they use the New Age as a defense. I never put that together but they are so right. M demonstrated it tonight. Christian ideas & Jesus threaten to tear down their defense so they lash out at it. M has been pulling away from me some 6 months, she has grown colder & colder. Soon she would have been gone anyway. Maybe I did waste $20 and I can't afford to waste even $5. I no longer think the Lord wanted me to do this because with my phone breaking the $20 would have been better buying another phone. I wanted to see their reaction. I'd say they acted as fools and worse, whatever that is.

Thanks for listening.