• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

With all the drug addiction, gang-banger's, illegals and outright evil people in this world today; your chances of personally encountering a nightmare situation you never dreamed of are increasing almost daily. 

It is. It kinda makes me want to stay indoors and order groceries online.:ph34r:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

It is. It kinda makes me want to stay indoors and order groceries online.:ph34r:

I hear ya! That's why when I retired I moved to the country to escape the city. Naturally, the city is where most jobs are. I worked for a VA Hospital and was subject for call backs for emergencies 24 hours a day. The hospital is located smack dab in the middle of the high crime area. I hated those midnight to 4:00 A.M. call ups and driving through those areas to get to the hospital. Sure have some stories about those days...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

Why cant we just follow the wise and humble life of Job who rely totally in God instead of weaponry.

People are anticipating bad things to happen and prepare a shot gun instead of giving up to God to face it.  God is deemed as spare tyre which is sought at times of trouble only, to be blamed for the things go wrong without ever try to live in God before.

Job Loses Everything

13 Job’s sons and daughters were having a feast in the home of his oldest son, 14 when someone rushed up to Job and said, “While your servants were plowing with your oxen, and your donkeys were nearby eating grass, 15 a gang of Sabeans[a] attacked and stole the oxen and donkeys! Your other servants were killed, and I was the only one who escaped to tell you.”

16 That servant was still speaking, when a second one came running up and saying, “God sent down a fire that killed your sheep and your servants. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

17 Before that servant finished speaking, a third one raced up and said, “Three gangs of Chaldeans[b] attacked and stole your camels! All of your other servants were killed, and I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

18 That servant was still speaking, when a fourth one dashed up and said, “Your children were having a feast and drinking wine at the home of your oldest son, 19 when suddenly a windstorm from the desert blew the house down, crushing all of your children. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

20 When Job heard this, he tore his clothes and shaved his head because of his great sorrow. He knelt on the ground, then worshiped God 21 and said:

“We bring nothing at birth;
we take nothing
    with us at death.
The Lord alone gives and takes.
Praise the name of the Lord!”

22 In spite of everything, Job did not sin or accuse God of doing wrong.

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Why cant we just follow the wise and humble life of Job who rely totally in God instead of weaponry.

People are anticipating bad things to happen and prepare a shot gun instead of giving up to God to face it.  God is deemed as spare tyre which is sought at times of trouble only, to be blamed for the things go wrong without ever try to live in God before.

Job Loses Everything

13 Job’s sons and daughters were having a feast in the home of his oldest son, 14 when someone rushed up to Job and said, “While your servants were plowing with your oxen, and your donkeys were nearby eating grass, 15 a gang of Sabeans[a] attacked and stole the oxen and donkeys! Your other servants were killed, and I was the only one who escaped to tell you.”

16 That servant was still speaking, when a second one came running up and saying, “God sent down a fire that killed your sheep and your servants. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

17 Before that servant finished speaking, a third one raced up and said, “Three gangs of Chaldeans[b] attacked and stole your camels! All of your other servants were killed, and I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

18 That servant was still speaking, when a fourth one dashed up and said, “Your children were having a feast and drinking wine at the home of your oldest son, 19 when suddenly a windstorm from the desert blew the house down, crushing all of your children. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

20 When Job heard this, he tore his clothes and shaved his head because of his great sorrow. He knelt on the ground, then worshiped God 21 and said:

“We bring nothing at birth;
we take nothing
    with us at death.
The Lord alone gives and takes.
Praise the name of the Lord!”

22 In spite of everything, Job did not sin or accuse God of doing wrong.

Why cant we just give everything into Jesus hand  if we hv to die we die in Jesus without fear n Shame of our Faith. We don't fear having a cowboy duel with gun but we need God's hand to reach enemies while they r still alive.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's why when I retired I moved to the country to escape the city

Ah, just returned from the  mountains where people say have a blessed day and open carry of weapons is legal, but concealed carry must be by permit of local Sheriff's and is restricted in a few ways.  I crossed the State line into my homeland the laws are different, no open carry but the conceal carry  by permit is legal. Have to remember which State one is in, and did we just cross the State line or not? Need a redneck gps navigator system with the voice that speaks when nearing State lines- switch to conceal carry, or switch to open holster but not open display on car seat.

AsI  have shared before; the scariest moment for me personally came when  the burglar alarm went off at night in the very large building I worked at and the sheriff deputy arrived  faster than I could get to the front door. He blew through the front door setting off the door bell that trips automatically and then heard me coming up a 80 foot long side hallway that is fifteen feet wide in it's semi-dark. He drew on me frozen in place and shaking. Not me the deputy, he was frozen and shaking! His legs were knocking physically so bad I could see it. I froze figured oh well this is it shot by a cop.  I started to speak very clearly. I am the on duty employee here. I am standing next to a lamp switch, may I turn on the lamp so that you may see me better?

Anyway it goes from there, it took awhile and he never did shoot me. Another time a family member at a funeral visitation reposing room  drew his 1911 45 on a blind member of the family and said he was going to kill him. The blind man, not able to see the weapon, kept his harping on the man and how the death was the man holding the gun on him fault. As the armed man started to swing his weapon to others and toward me, my feet did their thing. They grew wings.  I flew out of there, grabbing the receptionist  up out of her station,  fled to the locked safety  of our business offices, and called the sheriff hoping not to find it could be Mr. Nervous.  

We now had a bit of a situation.  A raging big man with a gun upset about the death  of a family member pointing his gun at family members in a room and  a blind man still evidently not realizing the fact of the gun still yapping away at the man. The sheriff deputies asked if I could get the man with the gun to come out by going up to the room and telling him I needed his permission  to make a document change or make up some reason  for hi m to have to come out that  made him feel in charge. What? ??? Well stupidly I did it, and the man did  step into the hallway  with me. The sheriff deputies nabbed him. He was very soon later released  and threatended me for months because he had lost his  prized military issue weapon. Funeral biz has it's moments of drama for employees, especially when working for a huge enterprise that has thousands of funerals per year. Gets dicey at times. As we used to say nothing like a funeral in the family to bring everyone together.

Would my being armed have helped me? Don't see how. Might have hurt instead.

God is sovereign, I am here yet today none the worse for wear, and much the better secure in my Lord Jesus regardless of each individual day's  adventure and my own folly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

first rule: research your local states gun laws, and make sure you are in accordance with them, both in what kind of gun you buy, how you buy it, and how you carry it.

Second rule: Research what kind of gun you want. wouldnt hurt to see if theres a local gun range that rents guns that you can try multiple ones out to see what works for you.

Third rule: train with it. Take self defense courses. shoot it regularly. you want to be as comfortable using it as a kitchen utensil, tool, or whatever.

Fourth rule: you mentioned your having a baby...put in place safety measures to make sure your young one doesnt get access to it, ever until he or she is old enough to handle it and is trained to do so.

fifth rule: Ammo. You want something that will take your target down, but you also dont want something that will get you in trouble in court. You dont want FMJs, but you also don't want something with an aggressive sounding name. Such as Hornandy zombie killers. theyre no different then their critical defense rounds, but a jury doesnt necessarily know that and it can be used against you in court. Find something with a defensive name (like hornandys critical defense) or if you want to play it really safe-find out what your local police department uses, and use the same kind of ammo. Most police departments use hollow points, and if the cops use it it makes it harder for the criminals attorney to use it against you.

Sixth rule: probably the most important. Understand that if your ever put in a position where you have to use it, that you need to be mentally capable of using it, to kill if necessary. If your not 100% certain you can do this, dont buy a gun. Because if you hesitate, that gun will be used on you. and I do mean you need to fully understand you may have to take a life, any self defense instructer will tell you in a self defense scenario to always shoot center mass, and to not stop shooting until the target is no longer a threat. Chances are unless you live in a high crime area you will never have to use it, but if you do, you need to be prepared.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Practical and common sense for guns and gun ownership, @The_Patriot2019. Thanks for posting your commentary about it, and the points of critical importance. God bless you.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

26 minutes ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

You want something that will take your target down, but you also dont want something that will get you in trouble in court.

Or go through to your neighbor's kids bedroom walls. That is a hard combination to obtain.

• Brilliant! 1

I'm so sad, what is being glorified with our shot gun ?   

i dont think people even intend to glorify God in their life with their intention to use weaponry to protect things God gave them.

Peter try to fight the people with sword when they came to arrest Jesus at Gethsemani garden but Lord banned him because that way he didnt glorify the Lord and he didnt seek God's will. Jesus didnt want to use weapon to defend His life, if it was God's will Jesus would give His life. So He gave everything to God.

But we, we dont, we take a shot gun to settle everything our way. to protect everything God gave to us, we wont let it loose at all cost. We imagine bad things that not yet happen to us and how good is the shot gun will be, instead of God.

Better seek God as our protection, live or die we will always be with the Lord Jesus.  Is there any Amen ? No ? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Why cant we just give everything into Jesus hand  if we hv to die we die in Jesus without fear n Shame of our Faith. We don't fear having a cowboy duel with gun but we need God's hand to reach enemies while they r still alive.

if people in the past had taken this approach we'd all be speaking Arabic and putting our butts up to Allah...  My ancestors would not do that so I would not be here.....

• Thanks 1