Sign in to follow this  
Figure of eighty

Being a gun owner

2 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I'm sure more guns are the solution. We all know Texas is infamous for it's restrictive laws on carrying firearms around.

Hi PinkBelt, and All,

Had the wonderful opportunity this AM  to see and talk with  the man I mentioned as being one of my heroes of faith of Jesus. He gave me the most powerful handshake about cracked my  own knuckles. He is in his nineties now. He spent 27 years in the mountain villages of Iran as a Christian missionary, surviving it without ever having any weapon beside the power of God the Holy Spirit restraining the evil ones.

I am so very blessed to have my pathways cross with so many that are truly heroic in their walk with God.

Listened this morning to a prison chaplain chat about" what will we be remembered for fifty years from now?", and also the local Gideon representative missionary in our area, plus old friends, since I am back in my old turf and church for the week. God is Good.

Even as I reflect upon the question of what of my own walk, I am happy even in my lacking of personal merit, for God is  good. I find that I sure do not want to be remembered for having hit a bad guy center mass with a shotgun blast that was trying to take my earthly treasures.  

It is humbling  me to reflect on these things the treasures of this world are mine temporarily, and  only by the will of God. They all will burn away. So whether they are loss today at the hand of a bad guy, or  later at the sovereign providential decree of God does not matter.

More important is whether I do as God leads and do I read, think  pray, and act upon what I read, think, and pray about, or not. To kill over stuff, and to risk my own eternal extra shame on trying to protect it with force, - nope don't thing so. Not for me. Others may be led differently, but for me the only fear I ever had was of government ( under Obama), and when I think about it, God had placed even that  government over me.

So.... I am good with what the day brings, each day the provision from God is perfect for best meeting my needs. Praise God!

12 hours ago, Cletus said:

my go to scattergun is a mossberg 500.  20" smoothbore.  i put the hogue overmold foregrip and 12" LOP stock on it with a slip on(airtech i think size small for that stock) recoil pad over the houge recoil pad.  I can shoot it all day long and any loads i want and have zero bruising or soreness in  my shoulder the next day.  some guys say its a sissy thing to do, but for 20 bucks i think its a great investment. 

idk if you know this or not but if you are going to spend that much on a suppressor make sure its a design that will not effect your point of impact.  very few manufactures make them to do this.  surefire is one company i have heard does achieve this.  do your homework before you buy.  I have plans to get one with a 762 warcomp (the three prong flash hider/compensator in one) for an AR308 build.  it attaches to the muzzle device like a QD.  on/off.  i think they make one for 300BLK/7.62x39 too.

My turkey gun is a Mossberg 500 with a 28" barrel and a full choke. Great gun for turkey, pump runs smoothly. I've never had to worry about not getting the round chambered, I can chamber the round with 2 fingers. The guns actually older then I am....it was my grandpa's pheasant gun way back when.

I'm not to concerned about changing point of impact on my 300 blackout if I get a silencer, as I imagine when I do I'll switch to subsonic ammo and that alone will change the point of impact, and I have a reflex site on it which is extremely easy to re-zero. I built it for hunting coyotes in a heavily wooded environment at close ranges. But I do plan on getting a nice one if and when I do.

20 minutes ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

My turkey gun is a Mossberg 500 with a 28" barrel and a full choke. Great gun for turkey, pump runs smoothly. I've never had to worry about not getting the round chambered, I can chamber the round with 2 fingers. The guns actually older then I am....it was my grandpa's pheasant gun way back when.

I'm not to concerned about changing point of impact on my 300 blackout if I get a silencer, as I imagine when I do I'll switch to subsonic ammo and that alone will change the point of impact, and I have a reflex site on it which is extremely easy to re-zero. I built it for hunting coyotes in a heavily wooded environment at close ranges. But I do plan on getting a nice one if and when I do.

🦃

On 7/30/2019 at 2:30 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I've always been against guns (Personally, I don't care if the next person owns them) they've always rubbed me the wrong way personally...

However, since I'm gonna have a little one I feel I need to not only be able to protect him but myself as well.  If and when I get a gun it'll be a small one I'm comfy with

like a pistol or something.

Just wondering what are some steps in becoming a gun owner. 

Thanks

Keltec makes some slim small(not to small) pistols. when you buy ask who gives safety class, they usually give other classes also.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I've always been against guns (Personally, I don't care if the next person owns them) they've always rubbed me the wrong way personally...

However, since I'm gonna have a little one I feel I need to not only be able to protect him but myself as well.  If and when I get a gun it'll be a small one I'm comfy with

like a pistol or something.

Just wondering what are some steps in becoming a gun owner. 

Thanks

I feel exactly the same way. I’m afraid of guns, but I think it’s important for THIS country (US) to always allow the citizens to own guns if they so choose. It prevents government takeover by force. The holocaust could never have happened if the Jews had guns. Js. 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Kristin said:

I feel exactly the same way. I’m afraid of guns, but I think it’s important for THIS country (US) to always allow the citizens to own guns if they so choose. It prevents government takeover by force. The holocaust could never have happened if the Jews had guns. Js. 

Yeah i think everyone's right to bear arms should be respected.

On 8/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi PinkBelt, and All,

Had the wonderful opportunity this AM  to see and talk with  the man I mentioned as being one of my heroes of faith of Jesus. He gave me the most powerful handshake about cracked my  own knuckles. He is in his nineties now. He spent 27 years in the mountain villages of Iran as a Christian missionary, surviving it without ever having any weapon beside the power of God the Holy Spirit restraining the evil ones.

I am so very blessed to have my pathways cross with so many that are truly heroic in their walk with God.

Listened this morning to a prison chaplain chat about" what will we be remembered for fifty years from now?", and also the local Gideon representative missionary in our area, plus old friends, since I am back in my old turf and church for the week. God is Good.

Even as I reflect upon the question of what of my own walk, I am happy even in my lacking of personal merit, for God is  good. I find that I sure do not want to be remembered for having hit a bad guy center mass with a shotgun blast that was trying to take my earthly treasures.  

It is humbling  me to reflect on these things the treasures of this world are mine temporarily, and  only by the will of God. They all will burn away. So whether they are loss today at the hand of a bad guy, or  later at the sovereign providential decree of God does not matter.

More important is whether I do as God leads and do I read, think  pray, and act upon what I read, think, and pray about, or not. To kill over stuff, and to risk my own eternal extra shame on trying to protect it with force, - nope don't thing so. Not for me. Others may be led differently, but for me the only fear I ever had was of government ( under Obama), and when I think about it, God had placed even that  government over me.

So.... I am good with what the day brings, each day the provision from God is perfect for best meeting my needs. Praise God!

Matthew 24:43 (KJV) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

I'm not disputing or debating your personal convictions, we all have our views on personal defense and government tyranny. But I have to ask; how do you know those someone(s) [how many of them are there going to be?] that just broke into your house when you were sleeping is just after your "stuff"? It's known by criminals today that it's much easier not to get convicted in court if there's no witnesses to the crimes. Especially in this day and age, bad things happen to good people. I can be the bug or the windshield, I choose to be the windshield. Once a criminal gets through your last warning [your locked door], I don't have time or opportunity to play 20 questions and assess his [their] intentions. I will not allow any passivity or hesitation to linger protecting my loved ones from an immediate potential deadly threat either. 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, Kristin said:

You're exactly right, guns are not for everyone; and the holocaust may not have happened if the German's did not forcefully disarmed the population [probably part of the Lord's plan allowing Satan?] How many examples are there in the Bible [including the man after God's own heart] of wars and killing to defend a nation? Is this biblically considered murder, thou shalt not kill? Personally been there and done that...

What's the difference in protecting your country / nation / people from hostile murdering  rapists and thieves; and your own home and family? Criminals are cowards at heart and look for passive, defenseless and soft targets that can not adequately fight back. You don't take a knife to a gun fight, abroad or in your own personal safe dwelling; you fight violence with more violence. 

The heart of man is wicked beyond belief. But Jesus Christ literally changes us from wicked to GOOD Amen 

Sign in to follow this