• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,235
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

1 Corinthians 1:1-31

English Standard Version (ESV) Greeting. 1 Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes,

Greetings Of Grace 1-3, Prayer Of Thanksgiving 4-9, Report Of Divisions 10-17, The Gospel Is Not Earthly Wisdom 18-31

1 Corinthians 1 - NKJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

Outline Of 1 Corinthians: Chapters 1-16

Outline of 1 Corinthians | Free Bible Outlines

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

1 Corinthians 1:1-31

English Standard Version (ESV) Greeting. 1 Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes,

Greetings Of Grace 1-3, Prayer Of Thanksgiving 4-9, Report Of Divisions 10-17, The Gospel Is Not Earthly Wisdom 18-31

1 Corinthians 1 - NKJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

Outline Of 1 Corinthians: Chapters 1-16

Outline of 1 Corinthians | Free Bible Outlines

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.

Ever wondered why there are THOUSANDS (literally) of religious denominations, organizations and autonomous congregations, many of whom use the same version of the Holy Bible, but with various beliefs?

GOD'S CHURCH WAS NOT ORDAINED TO BE THAT WAY!

Varying beliefs, divisions, contention and strife do not come from God.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

One True Church.

Acts Chapter 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH. And it was started by Jesus, Himself. Jesus is the ONLY name associated with it's founding, and it's inauguration. The TRUE Church's birth and inauguration is found documented in Acts Chapter 2. And it's original teachings and oldest history is found within the 28 Chapters of the New Testament Book of Acts (of the Apostles).

However, over the Centuries since then, there have been many who have risen up, and become the leader of a very distinct religious movement of their own. Most are still alive, today. This is why there are THOUSANDS of denominations, organizations and autonomous congregations teaching and preaching something different than the TRUE Church of Acts.

Thanks, and God bless!

Edited by Footprint
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

15 hours ago, Footprint said:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.

Ever wondered why there are THOUSANDS (literally) of religious denominations, organizations and autonomous congregations, many of whom use the same version of the Holy Bible, but with various beliefs?

GOD'S CHURCH WAS NOT ORDAINED TO BE THAT WAY!

Varying beliefs, divisions, contention and strife do not come from God.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

One True Church.

Acts Chapter 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH. And it was started by Jesus, Himself. Jesus is the ONLY name associated with it's founding, and it's inauguration. The TRUE Church's birth and inauguration is found documented in Acts Chapter 2. And it's original teachings and oldest history is found within the 28 Chapters of the New Testament Book of Acts (of the Apostles).

However, over the Centuries since then, there have been many who have risen up, and become the leader of a very distinct religious movement of their own. Most are still alive, today. This is why there are THOUSANDS of denominations, organizations and autonomous congregations teaching and preaching something different than the TRUE Church of Acts.

Thanks, and God bless!

I thank you for the above comment, which is true, we as Christians are to follow Christ as our example, and take heed to the Apostles doctrine is that correct in your study? This is what we are doing as far as we know. 

Ephesians 2:20-21... having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being [joined] together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord... You see now he was not thinking just of a house; he was thinking of the house of God in terms of the Temple.

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

7 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

I thank you for the above comment, which is true, we as Christians are to follow Christ as our example, and take heed to the Apostles doctrine is that correct in your study? This is what we are doing as far as we know. 

Ephesians 2:20-21... having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being [joined] together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord... You see now he was not thinking just of a house; he was thinking of the house of God in terms of the Temple.

Yes, that is correct. And remember, The Crowed is Wrong...

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Keep up the good work,
God bless!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Footprint said:

Yes, that is correct. And remember, The Crowed is Wrong...

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Keep up the good work,
God bless!

Amen, I think, the above is just like a few are chosen in a sense, what do you think or know?

8 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen, I think, the above is just like a few are chosen in a sense, what do you think or know?

Since there are THOUSANDS of denominations teaching and preaching something different than the TRUE Church of Acts, some insisting that water baptism is not even necessary (we covered this in a previous post https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/239300-filling-with-the-holy-ghost/) then how can they teach something contrary to the Word and yet be in complete harmony with God's Word?

Thank you, and God bless!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Footprint said:

Since there are THOUSANDS of denominations teaching and preaching something different than the TRUE Church of Acts, some insisting that water baptism is not even necessary (we covered this in a previous post https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/239300-filling-with-the-holy-ghost/) then how can they teach something contrary to the Word and yet be in complete harmony with God's Word?

Thank you, and God bless!

yes, I understand what you are saying, but do you think they would rather believe a lie, rather than the truth for strong delusion? that the Lord would have to deal with them, unless they repent and continue in his words. what do you think? 

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.