Trust

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

How do you rebuild trust with the church knowing what they did to you on purpose when you weren't ready and they knew you weren't but they did it anyway. It just has become so hard for me to connect and embrace my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ knowing what alot of them do/did and how they do/did it??

• Praying! 5

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,896
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 minutes ago, RarexxRose said:

How do you rebuild trust with the church knowing what they did to you on purpose when you weren't ready and they knew you weren't but they did it anyway. It just has become so hard for me to connect and embrace my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ knowing what alot of them do/did and how they do/did it??

Hi Rare,

You don't have to stick with a crowd that aren't edifying, comforting, encouraging, supporting, serving and loving you.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

18 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Rare,

You don't have to stick with a crowd that aren't edifying, comforting, encouraging, supporting, serving and loving you.

Rare, I agree with Michael.   Forgive them but if you can find another church, perhaps that would be best?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

@RarexxRose, I also agree with @Michael37, and @Debp. Sorry to have missed having you be online for my query of what exactly was the experience you at at this church you attend. It's a bit difficult to give specific advice without a bit of background in detail. Praying that you can find it in your heart to forgive their ignorance, and perhaps guide you to a more encouraging fellowship. God bless, you sister. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

If it's the church in general, I like to put a divide between man and God. Just because someone claiming to be a Christian wronged you doesn't mean that God wronged you. There's men, and then there's God. His thoughts aren't our thoughts, nor his ways our ways.

If it's just the specific congregation, then I agree with the other posters. Forgiveness I agree with, but having toxic and inconsiderate people around you just tends to drag you down.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

Rose,

I know you have been struggling with this for awhile.  I think you should forgive them whenever you think about it and pray for them.  Ask God what he wants you to do in prayer?   I believe you said you tried to talk to them but that didn't help. 

All people are not the same and all churches are not the same. Follow the Lord above all people no matter what.  I hope you find a good church.  Praying for you!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Howdo Miss Rose, ya have allota good folks here, givin'ya great advise and I can agree with them. It took me a good while to find a church congregation that didn't make me feel alienated on any level. I forgave n pray'd for them n God led me to where I'm at today. Don't lose faith, keep prayin' for guidance and the Lord will get ya where He intends ya to be. God bless n prayers to ya!

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Churches aren't perfect. You can assume a leadership role in your church by being an example for the others to follow, or you can look for another church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Rarexxrose,

I am fortunate and attend a church where I do trust my pastor and leadership. However, if this church knowingly broke my trust, I don't doubt I would be upset, angry, hurt and disillusioned. I know I would ask God why did he lead me to chis church?  I don’t know the details of your own experience, but I know that I would have to take this directly to the Lord and pray/plead with him to ask him to please bring healing to my heart and help me to forgive those who I trusted. I know God asks us to forgive others and I would need his interceding help to do so and heal my spirit. Eventually, because I know that people are not the same at all churches, I would look for another church and trust that God would direct me in the process.

Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Thank you all...and yes I have forgiven them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 2