• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

How do you expect me to address this post? Several times on Worthy you have said " Are there any cool guys around here". Why not say are there any Christian members near Chicago why " cool guys"?.

We can only assume the OP is rather young and perhaps lacking in spiritual maturity. I attempted several times to PM him via: arrowchat, but was completely ignored. Guess I wasn't cool enough. It happens. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

We can only assume the OP is rather young and perhaps lacking in spiritual maturity. I attempted several times to PM him via: arrowchat, but was completely ignored. Guess I wasn't cool enough. It happens. 

Interesting Beau very interesting :huh:

You may also note my deleted post. It was a heart felt out-reach that was thoughtfully labored over for about an hour in discreet composing. I concluded that it simply wasn't going to help to encourage no matter what was stated. So I just gave up on it. 

7 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Post deemed to be ineffective and unhelpful.     

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

You may also note my deleted post. It was a heart felt out-reach that was thoughtfully labored over for about an hour in discreet composing. I concluded that it simply wasn't going to help to encourage no matter what was stated. So I just gave up on it. 

And this would be it from page one. Posted seven hours ago. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I have gotten a couple of soliciting and profane private messages on Worthy since I have been a member. It goes to show you we need to keep our Christian discernment sharp. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What did I say?  Do not respond to my posts anymore.  You are a very mean person and you are hurting me.  I have reported you already.

Thank you BeauJangles...I really appreciate it.  If everyone is going to be mean to I will just leave the site.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I think the "cool guys" thing is just the search for an understanding friend. Not through text on a screen, but face to face understanding, am I right?

You want to know who's a cool guy? Jesus. Pretty gnarly dude, if I do say so myself.

This particular sin has been an issue for me as well. In the past, as an unbeliever, I was a sort of deep sea diver when it came to such inappropriate material. Multiple times a day and for a number of years. Let me tell you, that such things change the biological makeup of your mind, making a recovery difficult, almost like an addict.

I tried so many times in so many different ways to do it with my own willpower. I am a man, am I not? What kind of dumb animal can't control himself? Well, me, apparently. Trust me, don't fall into the trap of "I can fight it off myself," because I can testify to the fact that it messes you up more. You must pray in the moment. It can be difficult because the mind and the body are fighting you, but prayer is the proper thing to do.

I like to also think of the line, "you reap what you sow". You are what you focus on. Put a blocker on your computer to block illicit sites; since these come with passwords and you can find yourself simply bypassing them, you could always try only using the computer in public. Act as if someone is always watching you, because he is. The clothing women wear is also an issue, one I still honestly have a problem with. I try to do a "bounce away" strategy, where you find your eyes going to that part of the women, you bounce your eyes over a different way and don't look back. 

I forget who said it here in this thread, calling it shame, but yeah, don't dwell on it too much. A bit of guilt is expected, but I know what it's like to focus on it too hard. It's like the mind doesn't shut up going DO IT DO IT and then when you do do it, it sits there for a few hours just going WHY DID YOU DO IT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. So tiresome. Just breathe. Take a deep breath and realize that the battle was lost, but not the war. In the words of Grant, "lick 'em tomorrow".

Finally, be patient. Wounds take time and effort to be healed. It may seem like you're going nowhere, a little too often, but trust in the Lord. Keep on your feet, you know?

*As an addendum, going back to the mind being altered business, it helps if you find something that replaces that "high". Like a hobby. Most people, myself included, like exercise. If and when it rears it's head, go for a walk or take it out on a punching bag. Anything that helps, from painting to bird watching. Just so long as it occupies your mind and helps you feel good without having to resort to such sin.

Edited by dr3032

Thank you so much for your advice.  God bless

Yes all I wanted was to find a accountability partner close to me.  That's all I meant.  Missmuffett accused me of soliciting and lying.  Please keep this user away from me.