• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Brothers & Sisters ?

I was just wondering this question,who found who?

I would also love to read from the hearts of those who care to share there love story with Jesus & how they recieved the Holy Sprit. 

I am not asking for lengthy scriptural doctrine, as I am sure we all know that we were Psalm 139 ?

Sometimes, I witness so many children of God spiritally dying and becoming very religious rather than being spirit filled with the love of God.

When we are on fire for God with other true hearts, that's when we become ALIVE for God. 

So, remanising our God  seeking days are a good source of faith spirital nourishment. ...Amen 

I look forward to hearing from you brothers & sisters ❣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

I love the famous painting 'light of the world' by Holman William Hunt, that hsngs in St Paul's Cathedral. How i yearn to see it. 

From it and scripture i feel Jesus knocks on the door of our hearts but only we can open the door from the inside and let him in. There is no handle on the outside. He will never force the door. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

The door into heaven is labelled on the way in:- "Free choice" but if you look back at it haveing gone through it reads:- "Chosen from before creation"

The argument about freewill or predestination is one of those pointless, endless squables Paul warned us about.

We are saved by Jesus and that is what matters.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Miss-Love said:

..."Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.  But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.  For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”  They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”  Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.  No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.  It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.  I am the bread of life.  Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.  I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.  This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”  Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum."....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

The very hiddenness of God requires that He reveal Himself to us...whether we are actively seeking or not. As we remain longer in the Lord He will make us seek Him harder so that we learn to do so. Maturity in the Lord consists of a growing dependence on God's direction and strength to do even the most trivial of things things. We can't handle things on our own as we think we can. We are constantly doing works...but what kind of works?

Nobody finds the Lord by trying really hard. God must enable the seeker to find. The Father must draw us to Christ....so that Christ may take us into the presence of the Father.

But it is God's good pleasure to be found of they that seek Him with a whole heart.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Miss-Love said:

I would also love to read from the hearts of those who care to share there love story with Jesus & how they recieved the Holy Sprit. 

Hi, You might take a look at the forum category Testimonies. 

•  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Miss-Love,

John 6:44, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.  And I will raise him up on the last day."

I praise God that He sought me! What a gift.

I wasn't looking for God at the time, in fact I was deceived into thinking I was a good person etc... But he came knocking in a big way and got my attention through several big trials that lasted years.  I can say he re-molded me in a big way. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Miss-Love said:

Hi Brothers & Sisters ?

I am not asking for lengthy scriptural doctrine, as I am sure we all know that we were Psalm 139 ?

Sometimes, I witness so many children of God spiritally dying and becoming very religious rather than being spirit filled with the love of God.

When we are on fire for God with other true hearts, that's when we become ALIVE for God. 

So, remanising our God  seeking days are a good source of faith spirital nourishment. ...Amen 

I look forward to hearing from you brothers & sisters ❣

Jesus knew us and loved us when we were in our mothers womb. 

Psalm 139 13-14

For You formed my inward parts;
You 
covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

Footnotes:

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

Tommy Tenny wrote a book he called "God Chasers" if my memory is not failing me :)   But he  summed up his understanding with a line  about chasing God until He catches us :)

Paul wasn't chasing Jesus but I think he was chasing God...and getting it all wrong :)   Til Jesus showed up on the  road to Damascus. 

We can't possibly know Him unless He reveals Himself to us, but I think we can hasten the meeting by realizing He  does exist and adopting a heart to search.

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

He promises to reveal Himself to those who wholeheartedly search.

Edited by Jostler
  • Loved it! 2