• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi Miss-Love... :)   I find it absolutely amazing that God chose us!  I can't remember a time when He wasn't drawing me to Him or when I didn't believe, but I can remember times when I resisted the call and struggled to handle life on my own.  Needless to say, self-reliance, even though our loving Father gives us that option,  is just a license to fail.  I felt like a failure, too.  I had even admitted it to a friend.

Then one night, I had to sit with a family member at the hospital.  While she slept, I opened my Bible.  It was so dark in the room that I had to use a tiny book light to see.  Somehow I knew to turn to Ephesians where I read about being chosen before the foundation of the world, "that we should be Holy and without blame before Him in love."  But wait!  I wasn't holy and without blame.  I am soooooo thankful that Paul had more to say on that subject and that I kept reading--because that was the night I accepted God's gift of grace--that was the night I surrendered all.  

Ephesians 1:13-14 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 2:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Thank you for your beautiful insigtful reply.....How blessed you are.

I thank God all day long in my quiet moments for not giving up on me or my feeble efforts to make him proud of me. What a wonderful heavenly father we share.

Amen ❣

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

God makes Himself known to you when you seek God with all your heart and mind...

Jeremiah 29: KJV

13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

21 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I love the famous painting 'light of the world' by Holman William Hunt, that hsngs in St Paul's Cathedral. How i yearn to see it. 

From it and scripture i feel Jesus knocks on the door of our hearts but only we can open the door from the inside and let him in. There is no handle on the outside. He will never force the door. 

Hello sister Melinda

Thank you for your reply and I love that " There is no handle on the inside if your heart" as our hearts are locked and only God has the key ...right ? ?

20 hours ago, Who me said:

The door into heaven is labelled on the way in:- "Free choice" but if you look back at it haveing gone through it reads:- "Chosen from before creation"

The argument about freewill or predestination is one of those pointless, endless squables Paul warned us about.

We are saved by Jesus and that is what matters.

Hello Who-Me ?

I sincerely hope I get to heaven one day ? 

Much Love 

Agape ❣

18 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

Hello Worship Worrier

That's a beautiful statement....Thank you for taking the time to post that awesome picture. Touched my heart ?

Much Love 

Agape ❣

18 hours ago, Neighbor said:

..."Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.  But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.  For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”  They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”  Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.  No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.  It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.  I am the bread of life.  Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.  I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.  This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”  Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum."....

Hello Brother Neighbour 

Wow.....Rather scary to read eat my flesh & drink my blood huh....I'm so glad I have my bible and fellow Christian's to guide me with my faith.....No wonder so many denied Jesus back in the day? 

I truly have been fed recently as I was spiritually STARVING! But, I am constantly thirsty for Jesus ALWAYS! 

Amen ! 

11 hours ago, lovethelord said:

Hi Miss-Love,

John 6:44, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.  And I will raise him up on the last day."

I praise God that He sought me! What a gift.

I wasn't looking for God at the time, in fact I was deceived into thinking I was a good person etc... But he came knocking in a big way and got my attention through several big trials that lasted years.  I can say he re-molded me in a big way. 

Hello Love-The-Lord 

I love your chat name ? perfect in fact ! 

I also wasnt looking for God.

I actually argued & battled hearts with Him daily crying leave me alone as I'm not what your looking for! Crying in a towel everynight saying "I'm rubbish and can't get anything right in my life so why are you saying to my heart & mind " I Love You My Child" ?  ?

My goodness this went on for weeks! To the point of submission eventually ? As I heard a dustinctive voice say "You are mine & I Love You" I looked up from my towel but no one was in the room.....? It was at that precise moment God got my attention.! 

Then the seeking truly began!  Not without its persecution, I must whole heartedly add here! 

Much Love 

Agape ❣

• Praise God! 1

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Jesus knew us and loved us when we were in our mothers womb. 

Psalm 139 13-14

For You formed my inward parts;
You 
covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

Footnotes:

Amen sister ?

18 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

The very hiddenness of God requires that He reveal Himself to us...whether we are actively seeking or not. As we remain longer in the Lord He will make us seek Him harder so that we learn to do so. Maturity in the Lord consists of a growing dependence on God's direction and strength to do even the most trivial of things things. We can't handle things on our own as we think we can. We are constantly doing works...but what kind of works?

Nobody finds the Lord by trying really hard. God must enable the seeker to find. The Father must draw us to Christ....so that Christ may take us into the presence of the Father.

But it is God's good pleasure to be found of they that seek Him with a whole heart.

Hello Pekoudar,

Thank you for your reply....My seeking was beautiful.

I thank God daily for getting my attention to seeking him & his will. 

I tell you this..I did not like letting go of HIS hand. As time passed I realised like many parents have to do the same with there own children at some pint.

Letting go was hard but it also allowed me to become fruitful & mature a little. 

Amen ❣ 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi Miss-Love... :)   I find it absolutely amazing that God chose us!  I can't remember a time when He wasn't drawing me to Him or when I didn't believe, but I can remember times when I resisted the call and struggled to handle life on my own.  Needless to say, self-reliance, even though our loving Father gives us that option,  is just a license to fail.  I felt like a failure, too.  I had even admitted it to a friend.

Then one night, I had to sit with a family member at the hospital.  While she slept, I opened my Bible.  It was so dark in the room that I had to use a tiny book light to see.  Somehow I knew to turn to Ephesians where I read about being chosen before the foundation of the world, "that we should be Holy and without blame before Him in love."  But wait!  I wasn't holy and without blame.  I am soooooo thankful that Paul had more to say on that subject and that I kept reading--because that was the night I accepted God's gift of grace--that was the night I surrendered all.  

Ephesians 1:13-14 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 2:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Nobody comes to Jesus lest The Holy Spirit draw him, and that Holy Spirit, as Jesus said, is “ like the wind”— nobody knows where it came from, nor does anybody know where it is headed next.....presumptions people who think they will get saved “ when they are ready” or who think they will wait until they are on their deathbeds to “ get religion”, as if religion could save anybody ,need to realize that the initiative to “ come to Jesus” belongs to Him — not you.