• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,744
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, douggg said:

Agreed.   But parts of Daniel 11 are historic to us.    Daniel 11:31, prefigures (previews) what the abomination of desolation in Daniel 12, in the end times, will be.   It will be a statue image, made in the likeness of the beast person.

What the abomination of desolation will be is one of the things we don't have to guess about.

Let's assume for a minute you are correct, and that there will be a statue in the likeness of a person erected at some point in our near future; will 7+ billion people actually love this statue?

When the Word describes mankind worshiping the image of the beast; the Lord is informing us that the world is in love with this perceived image of what the beast and its system represents.

Revelation 13:15  And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Edited by luigi

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, luigi said:

Let's assume for a minute you are correct, and that there will be a statue in the likeness of a person erected at some point in our near future; will 7+ billion people actually love this statue?

Well, for example, go back to the exodus, and the image of the golden calf.   It was an idol that represented  unseen gods.   Exodus 32:1-4.   

The image made in the likeness of the beast person, will be basically an idol, that will represent an unseen god, who gives power to the beast (Revelation 13:4).    That god (so-called) is Satan.

When first made and placed in the temple, problably in sight in the outer court yard, it will be inanimate just like the golden calf.

But when Satan is cast down to the earth from the second heaven, in Revelation 12:7-9; the false prophet does a big lying wonder, bringing life to the image, by Satan incarnating the statue image, making it appear to come to life, and ...

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

1 hour ago, douggg said:

The false prophet is not a king.   He does not "rule" as a king.    He is a prophet.

I did not say he was a king... I compare them to Moses and Aaron, or Zerubbabel and Joshua, one is king one is priest, and they rule simultaneously, so we agree on this. I believe this is why Satan wanted Moses' Body in Jude... The FP rules as high priest.

1 hour ago, douggg said:

The first beast is a king, but the imagery of the first beast also represents a kingdom. 

Not disputing this, though I may disagree with your identity as the EU. The Final week is all about Israel, though the church/saints play a role until the midpoint, and the day of Christ. After that, what is left of the church is the harlot. 

30 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I did not say he was a king... I compare them to Moses and Aaron, or Zerubbabel and Joshua, one is king one is priest, and they rule simultaneously, so we agree on this. I believe this is why Satan wanted Moses' Body in Jude... The FP rules as high priest.

"Rule(s)" is a bad  choice of words to use for the false prophet, because it is misleading.  

I would suggest coming up with another word(s), like accompanied by the false prophet... such as "The FP acts as high priest''.     Or "acting in the role of high priest".   You could say something like the beast and false prophet are the dynamic duo, a take off of the nickname for batman and robin.    Something besides "rule(s)" for the false prophet.

Differently, the ten kings "rule" with the beast, although under him, because they are kings.

Edited by douggg

51 minutes ago, douggg said:

Well, for example, go back to the exodus, and the image of the golden calf.   It was an idol that represented  unseen gods.   Exodus 32:1-4.   

The image made in the likeness of the beast person, will be basically an idol, that will represent an unseen god, who gives power to the beast (Revelation 13:4).    That god (so-called) is Satan.

When first made and placed in the temple, problably in sight in the outer court yard, it will be inanimate just like the golden calf.

But when Satan is cast down to the earth from the second heaven, in Revelation 12:7-9; the false prophet does a big lying wonder, bringing life to the image, by Satan incarnating the statue image, making it appear to come to life, and ...

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Yes Doug,

During the Bronze age, the uneducated slave class in Egypt were not very astute, and so they danced around a golden calf.

Do you think that in this more enlightened day and age, you are going to have billions of people dancing around any physical statue?

The life of the image of the beast that is able to speak, are the marvellous results from the beasts system which will speak for itself.

• Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

6 minutes ago, douggg said:

"Rule(s)" is a bad  choice of words to use for the false prophet, because it is misleading. 

It is a simplification of the following to me...

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, (Rev 13:12)

That is a mouthful to type 

40 minutes ago, luigi said:

Yes Doug,

During the Bronze age, the uneducated slave class in Egypt were not very astute, and so they danced around a golden calf.

Do you think that in this more enlightened day and age, you are going to have billions of people dancing around any physical statue?

The life of the image of the beast that is able to speak, are the marvellous results from the beasts system which will speak for itself.

Well, in the exodus account of the golden calf, the children of Israel were naked, indicating some sort of sexual orgy maybe.     I think in some of the false religions, sexual acts take place, as part of the worshiping process.

What I think for the most part, it will be similar to how people who worship God, but replace God by worshiping the statue image.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"beast systems", to me,  that wording gets away from the beast being a person.    And the image of the beast, being a statue image.

Edited by douggg

24 minutes ago, douggg said:

Well, in the exodus account of the golden calf, the children of Israel were naked, indicating some sort of sexual orgy maybe.     I think in some of the false religions, sexual acts take place, as part of the worshiping process.

What I think for the most part, it will be similar to how people who worship God, but replace God by worshiping the statue image.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"beast systems", to me,  that wording gets away from the beast being a person.    And the image of the beast, being a statue image.

I agree that it was an orgie back then. So too, will be the beasts system that brings in days like those of Noah, and Lot. 

Luke 17:

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, luigi said:

Are you guys aware that an image of something can be other than a physical object?

An image of something can be what one perceives something to be, like in propaganda.

Or a code of conduct.

15 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Or a code of conduct.

Yes, a code of conduct can represent an image of something, but why would billions of people worship a code of conduct?

The world will worship their perception/image of perfection in the beasts new system.