• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/29/1962

The word angel, in both the Hebrew and Greek, means messenger. Therefore, an angel of God can be anyone or anything sent by God with a message. The Scriptures also speak of angels as spirit beings in the heavenly realm. These can be holy angels who have been faithfully carrying out the will of God for thousands of years, but they can also be angels who have fallen from God's grace. Unlike in the past, God's holy angels do not manifest themselves to anyone today. If someone claims to hear voices or see images of angels, there should be great cause of alarm.

We are living in the end times, and, Jude 6 states that this is the time for the judgment of the fallen angels. Hence, we see a great increase of spiritism and occultism in the earth today. In fact, Christians need to be especially on guard to shield themselves from this insidious foe, because we are the special targets of Satan and the fallen angels—demons. “Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith...” (I Peter 5:8, 9 NAS) The power to be strong and to resist these evil influences is in the Word of God. “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17) It is our responsibility, then, to learn just how and why demons got so involved with mankind; what can be identified as spiritism today; and how we can protect ourselves and our loved ones against the forces of evil.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

I can understand the  need for caution because there is a lot of deception involving  angel worship and all manner of un-Biblical spiritism.   But I can't sign on to the unsubstantiated statement you made saying He doesn't use His heavenly messengers to communicate with us or be revealed to us any more.

There are way too many instances of angelic interaction with His people, post resurrection for me to believe a flat statement like that agrees with the Word

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

42 minutes ago, RR144 said:

how we can protect ourselves and our loved ones against the forces of evil.

Through applying in your thouhts and words the Blood redeeming name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.

Employ Ephesians 6 in everything and you will be safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Hebrews 13:2

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

WHo are we to say when a stranger gives us advice it is not an angel?  Let His Spirit in you guide you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, RR144 said:

Unlike in the past, God's holy angels do not manifest themselves to anyone today.

Yeah right. 

I wouldn't be alive on earth today if it were not for an angel coming to my aid.

You are in error RR144.

• Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1962

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:09 PM, Jostler said:

... I can't sign on to the unsubstantiated statement you made saying He doesn't use His heavenly messengers to communicate with us or be revealed to us any more.

There are way too many instances of angelic interaction with His people, post resurrection for me to believe a flat statement like that agrees with the Word

"Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants also, disguise themselves  servants of righteousness" - 2 Corinthians 11:14, 15

1 hour ago, RR144 said:

"Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants also, disguise themselves  servants of righteousness" - 2 Corinthians 11:14, 15

well to my  mind, the undeniable existence of a counterfeit is proof the "real" exists.  I place far more trust in the Spirit's ability to  guide me into all truth than I do the devil's power to deceive.  Point taken, we're told to test the spirits, not deny He can use them.

A counterfeit three dollar bill wouldn't fool anyone, there is no "real" three dolllar bill.....a counterfeit fifty however.....exists because a real fifty exists, and has value :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 8/1/2019 at 6:54 PM, RR144 said:

The word angel, in both the Hebrew and Greek, means messenger.

This is true. 

God's holy angels do not manifest themselves to anyone today.

They are still in active service. 

If someone claims to hear voices or see images of angels, there should be great cause of alarm.

People into way out cultish stuff may need to be concerned. But not most Christians. See below:

On 8/1/2019 at 8:36 PM, Michael37 said:

I wouldn't be alive on earth today if it were not for an angel coming to my aid.

I've never seen nor heard them. But I have experienced angelic intervention and protection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I have had a couple of angel experiences. 1 saved my life. The enemy would not save my life. I would not be so quick to dismiss every angelic sighting.

I've experienced angelic intervention that  might have saved my life, but I KNOW it saved my sanity.  I have maybe told three or four people about it because there's been no reason to tell many.  I darned sure know He still uses 'em, and I'm grateful He  created those fiery ministers He  sends forth to minister for  the sake of the  heirs of salvation.

But to which of the angels has He ever said,
“SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES
A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET”?

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

• Thumbs Up 1