• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

32 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

This made me sad... I truly believed the Lord meant for us ( my ex-spouse and I ) to be together, but the devil stole her away... Still have troublesome dreams, when she's in them. 

Hi, Sorry  for the pain. Might we sometime join in prayer together for your former bride's well being, as well as for your peaceful times of rest and a times of thought to come, having left the lament that troubles so behind? Is that possible at this time? I suspect many of us have similar laments that trouble. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

36 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Sorry  for the pain. Might we sometime join in prayer together for your former bride's well being, as well as for your peaceful times of rest and a times of thought to come, having left the lament that troubles so behind? Is that possible at this time? I suspect many of us have similar laments that trouble. 

Sure, Neighbor. Umm, she passed away almost two years ago now. You can PM me if you'd like. Thanks brother, that's most kind of you. God bless. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I have to agree with other posts in that I think people have had an effect in general over time, though being a rather withdrawn and aloof guy, my experiences are rather minimal. They have mostly been "counterpoint" examples; examples of what you don't do.

My older brother has shown me to place a value on women, or at least, try to. He's had so many girls in his life, if you asked him for a number, I doubt he would even remember it. Each and every time, they're scared off by his controlling and abusive nature. That, and to show respect for others, as my brother tended to grate on people's nerves with his attitude and manner. Also a lesson in finance, since he would often make out a huge list of wants and desires, and not wanting to strain my family's wallets, i'd insist that I didn't really want anything.

My dad had a bad alcohol habit, which is why I don't touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole. I've calmed down about it over time, but I still get really uneasy and upset around people who are drinking and/or drunk. Finance lesson as well, due to gambling problems.

I had a friend in school who i'll call J. We met in middle school, and he would drink, and smoke cigs and blunts. I still have a yearbook, and in his picture, he looks to be both drunk and high (flushed cheeks, red eyes). You could always tell, cause he'd seem a bit down when he wasn't at least buzzed. He was initially a bit of a counterpoint, but he changed later. I remember we were walking together to school, and he invited me to come behind the school. I asked him why, and he said that that's where he and some other kids would smoke. "Oh no," I said, "I don't touch that stuff." He looked a bit shocked and grinned, and he said, "That's actually good, don't ever touch it. I wish I hadn't ever picked up the habit." I then asked him why not quit and he said that he had tried to several times already. It wasn't until our freshman year of high school that he revealed he'd successfully quit his habits. No beer or cigarettes, and he was such a happy and friendly guy. He'd shoot fingerguns in the hallways at everyone and laugh like that was somehow the funniest thing ever. It didn't affect me much then, but he kind of showed me that terrible habits can be overcome.

I could go on and on, but yeah, it's just been people in general. I've blabbered on enough already.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Hi MissMuffet,

My husband has to be that person. We have had many serious issues in our marriage but if I wasn't married to him, then my blessing daughter would not have been borne. I know all mothers feel their children are special, but I truly feel God has indeed gifted her with some special traits to be used in her lifetime.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Zola Levitt and Dr.Gene Scott

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

MY HUSBAND.  HE WAS SAVED AS ARE OUR TWO SONS, AND THEIR CHILDREN LESS ONE.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

My dear sister misha .     And a few others too .